Hacking PSVita hacking clarifications

SimonM6420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I'm new here but I've been watching this website for quite a while when I needed to mod my NN3DS. Now, I've just bought a used PSVita for € 50, thankfully it was on firmware 3.60. They didn't had any Memory Card, but I've bought one from Amazon, it's a 8GB memory card, and a SD2VITA 3.0. Now, my questions are (sorry if I don't know many technical expressions, but I'm a noob in this field):
1. Can I do the Henkaku stuff on the SD2VITA? I wanted to refund the memory card after doing the installation because it's very expensive and it won't last that long with just 8GB. I've heard that MLTHaku it's pretty messy and I should stick with the classic installation.
2. Can I install games in both the MC and SD2VITA?
3. I've heard that Henkaku Enso is compatible with 3.65 FW, can I update the PSVita after I've installed 3.65 Enso? And will the SD2VITA still work when I install new vpk?
4. What's the difference between Molecularshell and Vitashell? What should I use?
Sorry for the noob questions and my bad grammar, I'm from Italy, and thanks for everyone who will answer my questions.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Update only if you are sure you won't need to mess with it ever again (because once you format, it is home and you have to wait till don't remember the date).
4. Vitashell is being worked on :P (don't know really), but use vitashell.

Reactions: SimonM6420

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
Hello, I'm new here but I've been watching this website for quite a while when I needed to mod my NN3DS. Now, I've just bought a used PSVita for € 50, thankfully it was on firmware 3.60. They didn't had any Memory Card, but I've bought one from Amazon, it's a 8GB memory card, and a SD2VITA 3.0. Now, my questions are (sorry if I don't know many technical expressions, but I'm a noob in this field):
1. Can I do the Henkaku stuff on the SD2VITA? I wanted to refund the memory card after doing the installation because it's very expensive and it won't last that long with just 8GB. I've heard that MLTHaku it's pretty messy and I should stick with the classic installation.
3. I've heard that Henkaku Enso is compatible with 3.65 FW, can I update the PSVita after I've installed 3.65 Enso? And will the SD2VITA still work when I install new vpk?
4. What's the difference between Molecularshell and Vitashell? What should I use?
Sorry for the noob questions and my bad grammar, I'm from Italy, and thanks for everyone who will answer my questions.
1. Yes, you can just use SD2Vita but remember that you'll need a memory card to update to HENkaku 3.65.
2. Yes
3. After you've installed 3.65 you'll be able to use SD2Vita but you will need a memory card to update to 3.65
4. VitaShell is MolecularShell but better

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One of main differences is you can do usb transfer instead of just ftp transfers. Vitashell is also still being worked on an updated and extra options are being added to it which aren’t with molicular

And it’s good to keep Sony memory card Incase need it. Like if have the original vita u will need it to update hack. I think the new hack or exploit I should say requires one too even on the second generation vitas

SimonM6420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks everybody, my Memory Card just arrived, I guess i won't refund it if I need it for updates. Right now I've installed Henkaku Enso, and a new question came to my mind: Can I get banned from Sony? I'm using my main PSN account from PS4, should I just play offline all the time, and what about the trophies?

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
Thanks everybody, my Memory Card just arrived, I guess i won't refund it if I need it for updates. Right now I've installed Henkaku Enso, and a new question came to my mind: Can I get banned from Sony? I'm using my main PSN account from PS4, should I just play offline all the time, and what about the trophies?
p sure there have been no reported bans from henkaku use

SKGleba

O ja pierdole!
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1) Yes, but only on 3.60 or any other enso compatible firmware (1.50 - 3.65)
2) Yes
3) Updater reflashes the MBR - enso is removed/deleted, so no, you cant update. And you can use sd2vita on 1.69 - 3.65 with enso, and on 3.67+ with the new hack (but keep in mind that you need a original sony mc on 3.67+).
4) MolecularShell is in reality VitaShell ~ 1.43 (before TF started to do fw specific patches) , thats why MShell works without taihen/henkaku, and on pratically every fw.

SimonM6420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello once again, and hopefully for the last time. I want to thank everyone for the help you guys gave me, but now I have just one last pair of questions. So, I've installed Henkaku Enso 3.65 with the 8GB MC and everything works just fine. I've tried to install some games, like Jet Set Radio, Gravity Rush and Undertale (ugh), and all of them works. I'm waiting for my SD2VITA to arrive and I was wondering:
1. Can I install the SD2VITA on 3.65 firmware?
2. I'm using ux0 right now to install games on the MC, but I've heard that to install games on SD2VITA i need to use it as ux0, so how can I transfer every file from the MC to the SD2VITA? There's probably a tutorial somewhere, but I'm pretty bad at finding stuff on the internet. I can't usa uma0 to install games, just download music or picture, right?
That's all, I hope, and I'm very very sorry to bother you guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT