Hardware psvsd vs SD2Vita v3.0 for 3G model?

r1vver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello.
I'm planning to increase memory for my 3G PSVita.
I know that it's 3 ways to get it - Sony Vita official memcard, SD2Vita and psvsd.
Right now I'm trying to choose the right for me:

With Sony official memcard it's all clear. IMHO "less problems" way, but super-overpriced. And high capacity models die a lot (I see many post of 32&64 deaths)

SD2Vita v3.0:
Red-text version seems have less "DOA" incidents.
But there is problem when it constantly waking up device (in sleep mode), right?

psvsd:
Sometimes you need to fix it by shorting SD card slot to ground point.
Are there any other troubles with it (like SD2Vita's waking or any other stuff)?

Any more tips or bugs (features)?
Also, speed. Which of variants is faster (copying to it, loading from it)?

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I see no trouble at all with my sd2vita v2. Like none. Only advantages, like my SD card is actually faster than this sony's overpriced crap, so games are loading a bit faster.
So no real reason to bother with cumbersome installation of psvsd, unless you really want your cart slot free.

Last edited by Reploid,

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see no trouble at all with my sd2vita v2. Like none. Only advantages, like my SD card is actually faster than this sony's overpriced crap, so games are loading a bit faster.
So no real reason to bother with cumbersome installation of psvsd, unless you really want your cart slot free.
Psvd or Sony memory cards are required if you want to make game dumps

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 red sd2vita adapters on seperate consoles. The waking up from sleep is not really an issue tbh, just enable Airplane mode to reduce background processes to preserve the battery percentage further, even it it wakes up randomly.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have several SD2Vita, and to be honest, my favorite is v1 aka "SD2VIT3" never had ANY ERROR, never had any issues, and so on, v2 is a pain on the ass, and havent tested v3, but for me ill stick with v1, since they do the job ;D

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I personally mainly use my original SD2Vita, which is modsiah's v1.0. I've also got a few China-made cheapo v1.0 ones, and so far, they also work just fine. Although getting it out is a bit of a pain, it sits well, and the SD doesn't cause any bulge in the cover. As for the v2.0, I've received mine a few days ago, and.... well. It does eject nicely, which is neat, but the SD sticks out and causes a bulge in the slot cover. In addition to that, and I'm not certain whether this is an issue with all v2.0 adapters or just mine (I've ordered a new one, but since it is from Chinaland, it'll take quite a while to arrive), the adapter makes poor contact, and doesn't work if I don't press down on it while in use, which is definitely... not practical. As for the v3.0.... Mine has yet to arrive. I plan on doing a side-by-side comparison between all of the different ones I get my hands on once I've got them all (so, at least the 3.0 one and the Hackinformer-branded cart).

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3G OLED Vita, and I got an SD2Vita 3.0 yesterday. I use a SanDisk UHS-1 128gb card with it, and it works great. I used to have two SD2Vita v2.0, but one of them failed (which I hear is not uncommon).

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a psvsd and the only real benefit I've seen is that the game port is free.

I had difficulty installing it (screws wouldn't come out without force) and the only reason it wasn't too big of an issue for me was that I needed to do a mobo swap anyway.

If I was choosing now, I'd probably go for sd2vita.

Maktubi91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
i dont really now about psvsd but i have the original (sony) memory card and it does nothing but trouble like games loading slowly and error messages from here to mars.
and with the sd2vita it works perfectly so in my humble opinion sd2vita is the best choice.
full disclosure i have a custmize firmwire so i dont now really know if its becauce of this lol
just sharing...

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok i have setup a few PSVSD's with SD2Vita's, to be honest whats best for you depends on your requirements, me personally I like all my games in one place so PSVSD with SD2Vita allows me to have over 600GB storage. Which consists of around 100 physical Vita games, plus 50 Digital, plus my PSP/PS1 collection plus a load of old rom sets.

I have never encountered any problems with PSVSD shorting, nor with the SD2Vita waking from sleep.....

PSVSD and SD2Vita get the same transfer speeds when connected to PC (around 10mb/s)

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does PSVSD allow you to eject the SD card without opening up the system?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo