Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ogpp.png

brvs.png

PUBG vs Fortnite

PUBG and Fortnite - arguably the two most important gaming franchises at the moment have made strides since their initial release - with popularity and player counts soaring - these two titans are currently going head to head as they rush to mobile in an effort to secure their marketplace domination. Just last month Fortnite reached a concurrent player count of 3.4 million - just pushing past the all-time top player count of 3.2 million in PUBG.

For those not familiar with the idea of battle royale - its basic concept boils down to a last-man-standing approach. Players are launched onto a map with only minimal supplies, forcing them to scavenge the environment for resources and weapons to enable them to fight for survival. The play zone is decreased over the duration of the match with the playable area constantly being shrunk, forcing players to keep moving and eventually fight for territory. The last player or team standing wins the game.

Although both games offer the same fundamental battle royale experience, they each have a distinct play style with PUBG opting for the more tactical approach with an arsenal of different weapons and attachments, while Fortnite gives players a more "arcade" pick up and play style experience but also throws building into the mix allowing player to craft their own fortresses and defences after gathering the necessary resources.

Are you invested in either game? What do you think of this recent trend of battle royale games?

What other franchises would you like to see offer a battle royale style multiplayer mode?

Let us know your thoughts below!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What, no H1Z1? 0/10 worst poll ;O;

H1Z1's Battle Royale mode was the only one I've ever played, before they split the game into Just Survive and Battle Royale. Had about 20-ish hours in it, and was pretty ok-ish at it. By the time PlayerUnknown stopped consulting for Daybreak and made PUBG, I was all played out of battle royale games so I haven't even touched PUBG or Fortnite.

D

Deleted User

Lets see,pubg requires xbox live gold unless you are in the masterrace,while fortnite is on every platform and is free to play (except for xbox)

I think fortnite has a wider audence while pubg is popular but not everyone can play it.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh here we go.

free to play vs paid game, younger kids prefer free and cartoon'y style fortnight and proper gamers prefer PUBG. This topic is going to end in tears.

"Proper gamer" seems awfully egocentric, especially when it comes to personal preference.

To be honest, I've played about 6 rounds of PUBG and maybe 4 of Fortnite. I'm not a fan of these Battle Royale games. I think it's a super cool idea, and I'm glad so many people are having fun with it, but I'm not big on them, personally.

D

Deleted-379826

I prefer PUBG. I like how it's more tactical and has many more things to it than Fortnite. Fortnite is certainly easily more accessible but if you can get your hands on PUBG, it's pretty fun.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i only played a few rounds of fortnite because it's free, i would like to try that PUBG one..
the idea is really cool, and i am surprised its so popular, but i suck at it :C and heh, i was getting pwoned so i quit after 10 minutes, and i already seen my cousins get so addicted and spend really a lot of time in them, i didn't develop interst in it lol

my cousins play fortnite in the ps4 because its free and doesn't require subscription, they suck but had achieved getting in first place (mainly by chicken somewhere and wait until there is 1 guy left and this guy struggles with something or was caught by surprise)
but when i play it in the pc it's totally different..
while in the ps4 everyone with the controllers have difficult to turn around and fight and run at at same time. in the pc is a matter of "if you had been spotted you are dead im the spot...

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh here we go.

free to play vs paid game, younger kids prefer free and cartoon'y style fortnight and proper gamers prefer PUBG. This topic is going to end in tears.
"Proper gamers" lel

People prefer what they prefer, and with online gaming that tends to be heavily influenced by what their friends play. Yes, PUBG is very finely tuned mechanically and has amazing audio engineering going for it, but when it comes down to it, Fortnight offers a rather similar play experience, and has other game modes going for it to boot. Plus, "for the low low price of FREE!", it's really easy to get a LAN setup going with your friends. For that reason, Fortnight is INCREDIBLY popular on my college campus, even among "proper" gamers

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't play either. I don't really play too many online games actually. I'm not much of a competitive person.... but i'll go ahead and leave these here for y'all...:creep:

upload_2018-3-22_14-36-38.png
upload_2018-3-22_14-36-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-22_14-35-26.png
    upload_2018-3-22_14-35-26.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 487
Reactions: lampdemon

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why anyone likes Fortnite is beyond me. I can't stand the absolutely annoying building in that game. Heard a shot? Build a tower. Falling down a mountain? Cheat death with a platform. Losing a fight? Build straight up.
Because that's the point of the game? Yeah, let's not use a mechanic that was given to us just because i think it is stupid. Bleh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk