Rainway Public Beta Released

Rainway Logo.png

Rainway Public Beta was released to the public today, an application which allows you to stream games from your PC to your devices, anytime, anywhere, in up to 1080p/60fps. It will first support Android and iOS, then moving onto Xbox and other consoles, such as the PS4 and Nintendo Switch, although it's unknown whether Rainway will make it onto the latter.

Rainway Features:
  • Stream any game on your PC to another device
  • Automatic detection of your game library
  • Support for full 1080p/60fps gaming
  • Ultra low input latency
  • Quick, easy, 60 second setup
  • Support for keyboard/mouse or controller
  • Support for all modern hardware (Intel, Nvidia, AMD)
  • Support for any web browser
  • Cloud-based screenshot support
  • Completely free with no hidden costs
  • Mobile and console support forthcoming
:arrow: Rainway
:arrow: Source

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why people assume this. Baseless pessimism?

Cuz Nintendo's logic would be: people will run emulators of our old systems to play the roms for free on the Switch through Rainway, hurting the money we could instead make from the virtual console. I mean I think it would be smart to release because they could tap into the PC-only gamers market. But based on everything we know about Nintendo at this point, I think they'd be turned off by how easily it could sway people from investing in whatever virtual console service they end up having for the Switch. In all honesty, I'm typically pretty optimistic about this kind of stuff. But in this instance, I can't help but be realistic. I really hope I'm wrong, but every inch of my body and mind is saying Nintendo wont OK Rainway on the Switch.

Last edited by duffmmann,

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cuz Nintendo's logic would be: people will run emulators of our old systems to play the roms for free on the Switch through Rainway, hurting the money we could instead make from the virtual console. I mean I think it would be smart to release because they could tap into the PC-only gamers market. But based on everything we know about Nintendo at this point, I think they'd be turned off by how easily it could sway people from investing in whatever virtual console service they end up having for the Switch. In all honesty, I'm typically pretty optimistic about this kind of stuff. But in this instance, I can't help but be realistic. I really hope I'm wrong, but every inch of my body and mind is saying Nintendo wont OK Rainway on the Switch.
I dunno about that. Because they're still doing that anyway on their PC. That doesn't really sound like a logical excuse to me. You can say the same about the other consoles as well.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting this fucking bullshit while trying to register, after a hellish time trying to install this fucking bullshit:

"A system error has been encountered. Please try again. #03"

Anyone wanna help me out? I'm getting fucking pissed.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting this fucking bullshit while trying to register, after a hellish time trying to install this fucking bullshit:

"A system error has been encountered. Please try again. #03"

Anyone wanna help me out? I'm getting fucking pissed.
clear cache. try firefox. join the discord. they are patching a ton of stuff. there use load was 20k and they topped that very early on.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno about that. Because they're still doing that anyway on their PC. That doesn't really sound like a logical excuse to me. You can say the same about the other consoles as well.

But your PC isn't your Switch. Nintendo hates emulation outside of their systems as it is. And obviously if they can prevent emulators on their own systems, they clearly try and stop that from happening by patching exploits and the like that allow us the ability to use such things on their systems. So if they can plug up an easy leak like this, I have to imagine they will. Like I said, I'd love to be wrong. But realistically I don't see Rainway getting an official release on the Switch. Perhaps they'll end up releasing it as a homebrew app or find a way to offer it through the Switch's browser. But I'm just not holding my breath on it getting the official release on the Switch, but I suppose we'll see soon enough.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clear cache. try firefox. join the discord. they are patching a ton of stuff. there use load was 20k and they topped that very early on.

If that's the case they should have the foresight to not make it open beta, release keys, or set a download limit, who releases gaming software like this worldwide with only a 20k user limit.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty annoyed with Rainway right now. First off the damn program has a dependency for Windows Media Player (which for some odd reason isn't installed on my Win 10 Steam PC). Secondly. I made two accounts, one for myself and wife and the damn activation keys don't work. I've made multiple tweets and messages on discord and they all go ignored. You'd think that they would have created a support email account before releasing the beta :(

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty annoyed with Rainway right now. First off the damn program has a dependency for Windows Media Player (which for some odd reason isn't installed on my Win 10 Steam PC). Secondly. I made two accounts, one for myself and wife and the damn activation keys don't work. I've made multiple tweets and messages on discord and they all go ignored. You'd think that they would have created a support email account before releasing the beta :(
They are ironing out a ton of graphical issues and crashes. At least, the devs are fixing some issues that are much more critical than yours.

Reactions: Kioku

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thought I try it out but its not detecting all my games properly, (is their a way to manually add games?) also when i try lunching the game all i get is a black screen in the rainway client =/

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try the activation key or link in a different browser, I had the same issue, tried it in another browser and it worked.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are ironing out a ton of graphical issues and crashes. At least, the devs are fixing some issues that are much more critical than yours.
I get that account issues are low on the totem pole when the server side stuff needs attention but having a email address that people can use to contact them with the disclaimer that we will be back to you in "X" amount of days would have been nice.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that account issues are low on the totem pole when the server side stuff needs attention but having a email address that people can use to contact them with the disclaimer that we will be back to you in "X" amount of days would have been nice.
I kind of feel like they are too swamped to say such a bold disclaimer. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like if psi fucked the fish the quality of the eggs will probably come out abnormal
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had it spread on crackers, n I had Rum/Coke today. I like all fish and seafoods, but not that.
    Lol sorry Ken it was either the fish or your mom.... I picked the fish lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah still an abnormal egg came out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob smelled the same anyways
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd assume most eggs smell the same
    Lol Ken was an egg at one time!