Homebrew [Release] 3DS RGB LED test program

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I can verify that it works in the US version, however it only seems to work in time trial now, it did not work in Grand Prix mode,and I have to imagine that the case would be the same for online, though I did not try it as I'm currently in an area with no wifi.
I never checked GP mode, probably the address is different. :unsure:

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone using this to make any more plugins beyond the MK7 proof of concept. I can't help but imagine all the cool possibilities that could be utilized with this and NTR plugins made for specific games.

Reactions: I pwned U!
D

Deleted User

Ok I can run this with no issues,What's weard is when I hard boot on and off,it dims the last flashing color then goes away in 3 seconds once the 3ds reboots back on.With that I have a few questions...

1.Is it safe to run this while playing 3ds and ds games?

2.Lets say I'm using this on a old 3ds and I use this on a game like smash or sun and moon which require a second boot due to the ram limitations that the old 3ds has,would this still be safe?

3.Final question,if I'm on wifi and I get notifications does that increase the risk? I saw someone here say the low battery can cause it aswell so I'm not shure.

So far from what I have read from here,the cause of a brick while running this is very slim.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ok I can run this with no issues,What's weard is when I hard boot on and off,it dims the last flashing color then goes away in 3 seconds once the 3ds reboots back on.With that I have a few questions...

1.Is it safe to run this while playing 3ds and ds games?

2.Lets say I'm using this on a old 3ds and I use this on a game like smash or sun and moon which require a second boot due to the ram limitations that the old 3ds has,would this still be safe?

3.Final question,if I'm on wifi and I get notifications does that increase the risk? I saw someone here say the low battery can cause it aswell so I'm not shure.

So far from what I have read from here,the cause of a brick while running this is very slim.

1) yes, on 8.1 and above
2) yes
3) no, but those notifications will override your custom pattern, so you'll need to re-set it.

as I said a few times, it's safe if you're on 8.1 or above, but it's risky below 7.0

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
So from what im reading you just open the CIA and when you get notifications voila?
Why isnt this a Luma Payload? be awesome

Also is it possible to change LED colors of the bottom 3 leds?

EDIT:
Just wondering, But how exactly does this work? Is there a way I can add C# code using a NTRClient library to send the Notification Color to the 3DS by the click of a button?
Cause if so I can add it to CTR-V so that when it connects or when a memory patch is sent etc then it would flash green. Be cool

Last edited by PRAGMA,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from what im reading you just open the CIA and when you get notifications voila?
Why isnt this a Luma Payload? be awesome

Also is it possible to change LED colors of the bottom 3 leds?
1) There is no such thing as luma payloads, they are arm9 payloads.
2) Because it isn't a function that can be called before boot (afaik). You can do this in userland homebrew iirc.

For the bottom LED colors, they are just blue/red/off for power, orange/off for charging, and yellow/off for wifi.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
1) There is no such thing as luma payloads, they are arm9 payloads.
2) Because it isn't a function that can be called before boot (afaik). You can do this in userland homebrew iirc.

For the bottom LED colors, they are just blue/red/off for power, orange/off for charging, and yellow/off for wifi.
Oh ok thanks!

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Seeing this now I want a homebrew program that makes it so it changes what some lights are like.

So it could change the "Charge now!" LED light from red blinking light to maybe a relaxing red to dark red or something.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing this now I want a homebrew program that makes it so it changes what some lights are like.

So it could change the "Charge now!" LED light from red blinking light to maybe a relaxing red to dark red or something.
That would require rewriting stuff (tip: don't rewrite stuff that can potentially put your console in a state that is worse than a bootrom screen brick)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still wanna see one for any of the 3DS Zelda titles, where when your health is low and the game makes the low health sound if the LED could glow Red, or if the LED could just always be on and reflect your health level, green - high health, shifting to yellow to orange to red as you lose more and more health.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still wanna see one for any of the 3DS Zelda titles, where when your health is low and the game makes the low health sound if the LED could glow Red, or if the LED could just always be on and reflect your health level, green - high health, shifting to yellow to orange to red as you lose more and more health.
That would require a rom hack.

Reactions: LucarioWolf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol