• Likes 284

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here the full specs of my Mac, please let me know if they are ok for cemu:

Apple ME665B/A 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Launched Feb 2013) (Quad-Core i7 2.7GHz Processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB Flash, HD Graphics 4000, GeForce GT 650M 1GB
It's a Macbook, so as a general rule, no

If you use it in a walk-in freezer maybe the thermal throttling won't kick in

Floppy Fork

ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn uı sǝʇıɹʍ oɥʍ ǝןoɥssɐ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a Macbook, so as a general rule, no

If you use it in a walk-in freezer maybe the thermal throttling won't kick in

Lol, true.
LinusTechTips Made a video where they liquid cooled a Macbook to keep it from thermal throttling and they got Literally TWICE the performance.
Apple everybody.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Floppy Fork

ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn uı sǝʇıɹʍ oɥʍ ǝןoɥssɐ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Here the full specs of my Mac, please let me know if they are ok for cemu:

Apple ME665B/A 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Launched Feb 2013) (Quad-Core i7 2.7GHz Processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB Flash, HD Graphics 4000, GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Normally Cemu isnt very graphics dependant but a GT 650 is a bit low.
Also Cemu likes good single core performance and from everything I can find that has a decent single core performance.

Exzap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cemu public release 1.3.2 is available! Download via direct link or from the website.
Changelog 1.3.2 said:
  • Added multi-core support for CPU emulation (Disabled by default, not recommended at this stage)
  • Added support for polygon offset (fixes some shadows and surface flicker)
  • Optimized GPU cpu thread by offloading work to GPU (Improves performance in graphic intensive games)
  • Added support for GX2 Occlusion Query API
  • Improved support for texture samplers and fixed other texture issues
  • Added debug option to view active PPC threads
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when loading .rpx (new in public build)
  • Detailed changelog

See the detailed changelog for what's new in the public build vs the patreon build. The memory leak reported by a few users is not fixed yet, I can't reproduce it on my system but I have some theories on what might cause it.

For this release I compiled a second version of Cemu (r1) which is feature-wise identical but does some of the OpenGL stuff differently. There is a chance this 1) fixes the memory leak 2) runs faster on some systems. I would appreciate it if people could test both versions and tell me if there are any differences in performance and if the memory leak still appears in both versions.
When doing a performance comparison make sure that all logging is deactivated and that CPU mode is set to single-core mode. Don't forget to mention your PC specs (CPU and GPU).
Download r1 here.

Last edited by Exzap,

Andresian

CEMU Testing
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Cemu public release 1.3.2 is here! Download directly here or from the website.

See the detailed changelog for what's new in the public build vs the patreon build. The memory leak reported by a few users is not fixed yet, I can't reproduce it on my system but I have some theories on what might cause it.

For this release I compiled a second version of Cemu (r1) which is feature-wise identical but does some of the OpenGL stuff differently. There is a chance this 1) fixes the memory leak 2) runs faster on some systems. I would appreciate it if people could test both versions and tell me if there are any differences in performance and if the memory leak still appears in both versions.
When doing a performance comparison make sure that all logging is deactivated and that CPU mode is set to single-core mode. Don't forget to mention your PC specs (CPU and GPU).
Download r1 here.
You a hero is my!
(This is joke if you didnt knew)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Exzap,
Can you add a left and right analog sticks press buttons so i can switch stulys in mario maker?

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
Idk but my framerate is the same.
But overall graphics are worse.
Fix framerate and graphics before optimization of all that stuff.
If you will try to make everything at once you will fail.

sorry
emulation is not that simple. Different builds will go through different stages. It might get worse at some point, and get better again later on.

The Thinker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
asetgames.altervista.org
XP
Country
It's a MacBook Pro 15-inch Retina dual-core i7 2.7GHz, never had problems in performances, It runs Unreal Engine 4 without problems, no idea why cemu is laggish :/

Why can't cemu show all the sprites?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 265

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if the console window spamming 2000 messages a second is impacting performance, but here's a comparison of Mario Kart 8 at the same moment on both, playing a replay after one restart to compile the shaders beforehand:

r0 (18 fps):upload_2016-2-21_20-0-53.png
r1 (21.13 fps):upload_2016-2-21_19-58-36.png

Intel i7-4700HQ CPU @ 3.2 Ghz turbo, GTX 870M

Maufeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure if the console window spamming 2000 messages a second is impacting performance, but here's a comparison of Mario Kart 8 at the same moment on both, playing a replay after one restart to compile the shaders beforehand:

r0 (18 fps):View attachment 39781
r1 (21.13 fps):View attachment 39780

Intel i7-4700HQ CPU @ 3.2 Ghz turbo, GTX 870M

Do you mind uploading your safegame? :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out