Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like Memory Leak is somehow fixed in r1 and Darksiders 2 seem to run now
BackBuffer is looking so sharp
upload_2016-2-22_0-6-19.png

and Buffer 7 is looking more like the Wii U version
upload_2016-2-22_0-6-30.png

Edit: Legend of Zelda HD still crashes ( probably has Memory Leak , while Darksiders has it fixed )

Last edited by Kristiqn5,

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country

The Thinker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
asetgames.altervista.org
XP
Country
I mean where do I click to run the level I have created in the screenshot above?
I tested it on a wii u and I remember there is a button to do that. I'm stuck without that
Ok I found out how to do it, I had to finish the tutorial first lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is a button after you edit the tutorial level for long enough. Either way, your game will crash when you try to save it, so you're better off using a premade save to get ingame:
https://mega.nz/#!BN1HRSyC!HT7sER20BtZ6CAJcjFVwYrhYe3yW8p-ggzemhOkCgJQ
Thanks!!!

The Thinker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
asetgames.altervista.org
XP
Country
Last edited by The Thinker,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Cemu public release 1.3.2 is available! Download via direct link or from the website.

See the detailed changelog for what's new in the public build vs the patreon build. The memory leak reported by a few users is not fixed yet, I can't reproduce it on my system but I have some theories on what might cause it.

For this release I compiled a second version of Cemu (r1) which is feature-wise identical but does some of the OpenGL stuff differently. There is a chance this 1) fixes the memory leak 2) runs faster on some systems. I would appreciate it if people could test both versions and tell me if there are any differences in performance and if the memory leak still appears in both versions.
When doing a performance comparison make sure that all logging is deactivated and that CPU mode is set to single-core mode. Don't forget to mention your PC specs (CPU and GPU).
Download r1 here.
I FUCKIN KNEW IT!
I'm a Prophet! XD
But thanks Exzap! You're the man.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mario Kart 8 loads update now!
ceYfFkP.jpg
Finally. I have the reason to play Harmony of Heroes in Big Blue Stage. :D

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will you add a DX12 graphics backend? It would improve speed!
Despite what you may have heard, DX12 will not magically increase speed. It does perform better in some situations but none of those apply to Cemu. Additionally, performance isn't really a concern since OpenGL can be very fast if properly used. Featurewise, modern OpenGL and DX12 are equal, so ultimately there is not really any reason to support DX12.

THAT made me laugh sooo much because it isnt true omg as opengl get's murdered by DX12 in every test and all emulators

Antidote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you add a DX12 graphics backend? It would improve speed!
Despite what you may have heard, DX12 will not magically increase speed. It does perform better in some situations but none of those apply to Cemu. Additionally, performance isn't really a concern since OpenGL can be very fast if properly used. Featurewise, modern OpenGL and DX12 are equal, so ultimately there is not really any reason to support DX12.

THAT made me laugh sooo much because it isnt true omg as opengl get's murdered by DX12 in every test and all emulators
Same deal with Vulkan, while Vulkan may decrease overhead, it's not a magic bullet and it won't magically improve speed at all.

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same deal with Vulkan, while Vulkan may decrease overhead, it's not a magic bullet and it won't magically improve speed at all.
ive tested a build of xenia and a custom build of pcsx2 and even the ps3 emulator with vulkan and it shows huge gains over opengl so far. it may not be magic but it does great things and has proven it's self to be the best option for emulators so far

Antidote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OpenGL is plenty fast, if you're experiencing issues with OpenGL get in contact with your driver vendor, it's their issue, not GL's

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OpenGL is plenty fast, if you're experiencing issues with OpenGL get in contact with your driver vendor, it's their issue, not GL's
it's average and not a low level api like consoles need i know it may sound strange but it's not always as cut and dry as you think ive worked wtih dx12 since it first go into the hands of devs and vulkan they both destroy opengl to the point of no return it's a slow api and always was and thats why amd made sure that low level api's where the future

Antidote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're being rather obtuse, OpenGL has plenty of punch left in it, on Windows it's crippled due to how the driver model is implemented and the fact that driver vendors concentrate more on DX than GL. Case in point: in windows I get an average of 40FPS in MP1 on my Intel HD 5500 using D3D12, while in linux I get a solid 60FPS in the same game using GL.

It's not how you frame it at all, it's entirely a vendor issue, and I reiterate what I said before, if you're experiencing GL performance issues, get in touch with your driver vendor and demand they fix their slow implementation.

Growlith1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the speed of a graphics library is dependent on the user and the driver, you could use DirectX7 and get better performance than a terribly made DX12 game.

don't try and insult a graphics library just because you don't understand it lol. that's not how it works, it takes actual work to get something to be efficient, it doesn't just magically come to you boom instant 3 million CPS, it doesn't work like that, im sorry to tell you.

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you're being rather obtuse, OpenGL has plenty of punch left in it, on Windows it's crippled due to how the driver model is implemented and the fact that driver vendors concentrate more on DX than GL. Case in point: in windows I get an average of 40FPS in MP1 on my Intel HD 5500 using D3D12, while in linux I get a solid 60FPS in the same game using GL.

It's not how you frame it at all, it's entirely a vendor issue, and I reiterate what I said before, if you're experiencing GL performance issues, get in touch with your driver vendor and demand they fix their slow implementation.
intel has tier 1 dx12 support so ya it's bad but my 390x has tier 3 support so no wonder you had issues your intel gpu is just bad at future api's

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't try and insult a graphics library just because you don't understand it lol.
Why not? Graphics libraries don't have feelings, opengl is objectively worse.

It's like a bad UE4 game is going to be worse than a really good Unity game but if the same game is made on both engines the UE4 one is going to be both better looking and better optimized with the same amount of effort.

Antidote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but it still technically has D3D12 support, and you actually proved my point quite nicely. Your 390x has WORSE GL performance than my piddly 5500? That should be a clue right there.

Also my 5500 works perfectly fine with GL and D3D is fine too, you're completely missing the issue and are being bigoted against an API because it doesn't fit your narrative. D3D12 is a decent API in terms of performance, but so is GL, and GL isn't going anywhere, Khronos will still support and enhance it. Vulkan is a different API with a similar, but different goal.

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, but it still technically has D3D12 support, and you actually proved my point quite nicely. Your 390x has WORSE GL performance than my piddly 5500? That should be a clue right there.

Also my 5500 works perfectly fine with GL and D3D is fine too, you're completely missing the issue and are being bigoted against an API because it doesn't fit your narrative. D3D12 is a decent API in terms of performance, but so is GL, and GL isn't going anywhere, Khronos will still support and enhance it. Vulkan is a different API with a similar, but different goal.
nope my 390x has full opengl 4.5 support sorry and recks any intel gpu to bad at your dx12 limitations that sucks worse yet your HD5500 can't even do beyond opengl 4.3 so no vulkan support for you

Last edited by Wardoctors,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Nintendo should do a health PSA like that lol