Homebrew [RELEASE] ctrQuake - Quake 1 port

TheDevGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does have touch controls. This is an engine port for the 3DS, DSQuake is an engine port for the DS... Same game different engines
ok thanks, this is great! just have to get my 11.1.0.35 3ds hacked!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Has anyone gotten the Half life 0.52 alpha to work on Ctrquake? http://www.moddb.com/mods/half-life-alpha/downloads/half-life-alpha1 Really cool, even on PC. Has singleplayer mode as well (HINT : type " map c1a1 " in console!)

Reactions: elhobbs

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Captaincnnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, fantastic work mate, love the port and everything you guys have done for it.

I can't seem to get any of the mods to boot correctly, it just boots the main game and I would like to replay through the expansions and the new dopa expansion on the 3DS.
The xml is set out like so and is in the /3ds folder and boots the game just only the main game not the mod. :(

I've tried booting from 9.2 and in 11.2 (my current emunand) but still no luck.

<shortcut>
<name>Quake Scourge of Armagon</name>
<executable>/3ds/ctrQuake/ctrQuake.3dsx</executable>
<arg>-game hipnotic</arg>
</shortcut>

Running O3DS 9.2 + 11.2 Luma3DS EMUnand

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers guys!

EDIT:
Before anyone asks, the folders are placed in the ctrQuake folder in /3ds next to the id1 folder and I have the correct pak files taken straight from steam.

Last edited by Captaincnnr,

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, fantastic work mate, love the port and everything you guys have done for it.

I can't seem to get any of the mods to boot correctly, it just boots the main game and I would like to replay through the expansions and the new dopa expansion on the 3DS.
The xml is set out like so and is in the /3ds folder and boots the game just only the main game not the mod. :(

I've tried booting from 9.2 and in 11.2 (my current emunand) but still no luck.

<shortcut>
<name>Quake Scourge of Armagon</name>
<executable>/3ds/ctrQuake/ctrQuake.3dsx</executable>
<arg>-game hipnotic</arg>
</shortcut>

Running O3DS 9.2 + 11.2 Luma3DS EMUnand

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers guys!

EDIT:
Before anyone asks, the folders are placed in the ctrQuake folder in /3ds next to the id1 folder and I have the correct pak files taken straight from steam.

Are you using mashers gridlauncher by any chance? If you do, try the homebrew launcher by smea.
Gridlauncher doesn't pass the arguments correctly. Everything else seems fine.

Captaincnnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using mashers gridlauncher by any chance? If you do, try the homebrew launcher by smea.
Gridlauncher doesn't pass the arguments correctly. Everything else seems fine.

No I don't, I just use the ctrBootManager in conjunction with HomeMenuHax which redirects to Smea's launcher. However that reminds me, I haven't tried copying over a recent fresh version of Smea's homebrew kit. It may do the trick. Hell might as well try a fresh copy of the quake files too might work.

EDIT: It was the homebrew launcher, I was using an outdated one, downloaded the latest version and away it went. Cheers guys. Have a good one.

Last edited by Captaincnnr,
Reactions: MrHuu

yerWizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this support the circle pad pro? I thought it used to but I may have been mistaken.
It's stated in the source code of ctrquake that the circlepadpro is not supported since support for it hasn't been added to libctru at the time of the last commit. IDK if it has been added by now.

Reactions: Ikilledzeus

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
Hello~!
After little-to-none problems, with answers within this topic I was able to turn the game on.
So far it seems nice, just one thing. Is there some "default" config file for the keys or will I have to set them up manually?
After that I will frag them all in the name of MasterFeizz :D

iSubaru

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello~!
After little-to-none problems, with answers within this topic I was able to turn the game on.
So far it seems nice, just one thing. Is there some "default" config file for the keys or will I have to set them up manually?
After that I will frag them all in the name of MasterFeizz :D

iSubaru
I does have a default config, but you can always configure the game to your liking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-