• Views 1,497,257
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
Just finished looking at service-patch, downloaded the source and I'm basically checking the actual programming of it. Something seems off with this, and I'm afraid I don't know why, I better leave that to the dev to fix because I feel that playing around with it could cause some "non-desirable" side effects. Sorry if this was out of place, but we'd definitely need this in order to actually use this amazing application on 9.2 running via ninjhax.
It's weird to see that the dev double-slashed the sensitive part of the program (the part where it calls for the patchprocesswrapper) in order to prevent headaches, but it's nice of him to include the reason for that early on XD
EDIT: Just found out what the issue was :rofl2:

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, finally got back to trying out sockfile.

The error it gives is..."failed to connect: no error" edit: -I get this regardless of anything to do with my 3DS. Doesn't matter if it's on, off, in FBI - network install mode, in ctrclient mode of palantine, or whatever else.

One time, while in the middle of a .cia installation with ctrclient and with my 3DS on the home menu of palantine cfw in ctrclient mode I got sockfile to say something like "cancel batch y/n?" but I closed the window quickly by impulse and haven't been able to reproduce the same message.

ctrclient doesn't connect 100% of the time, but usually I can get it to work within 2-3 tries. I have given well over 20 tries with sockfile so far, but every time it's "failed to connect: no error".

edit: on the bright side, regular installation from SD works well. But am I missing something or is there no "import all .cia" kind of option? That would be very useful for things like firmware updates where there can be 50-100 .cias to install.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, finally got back to trying out sockfile.

The error it gives is..."failed to connect: no error" edit: -I get this regardless of anything to do with my 3DS. Doesn't matter if it's on, off, in FBI - network install mode, in ctrclient mode of palantine, or whatever else.

One time, while in the middle of a .cia installation with ctrclient and with my 3DS on the home menu of palantine cfw in ctrclient mode I got sockfile to say something like "cancel batch y/n?" but I closed the window quickly by impulse and haven't been able to reproduce the same message.

ctrclient doesn't connect 100% of the time, but usually I can get it to work within 2-3 tries. I have given well over 20 tries with sockfile so far, but every time it's "failed to connect: no error".

edit: on the bright side, regular installation from SD works well. But am I missing something or is there no "import all .cia" kind of option? That would be very useful for things like firmware updates where there can be 50-100 .cias to install.

For network installs I've found that socat works perfectly fine for transferring. I doubt though that ctrclient was designed to connect to FBI, it's a completely different thing from what I've seen.

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For network installs I've found that socat works perfectly fine for transferring.

I think I'm probably too much of a noob to be able to figure out how to use socat for this purpose, but maybe I'll surprise myself.

I doubt though that ctrclient was designed to connect to FBI, it's a completely different thing from what I've seen.

I agree, ctrclient of course was not made with any awareness of FBI.

It seemed that things were kind of the other way around. I had my 3DS in palantine's "hold L button" mode, and was using ctrclient on my PC to send a .cia over, but when I ran sockfile it seemed to create some sort of interaction. Like I said I closed the window too quickly to fully read the message, and haven't been able to get it to happen again. If I'm not crazy or hallucinating at best sockfile somehow noticed that ctrclient was sending a file over and maybe thought that another instance of sockfile was actually sending a file or something.

bluke

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright we already have CIA, Now we have FBI, so tomorrow we will have DEA or some US gov department :D
The feature receive file from network is good, but why not install file from network, that's will be more greater.

Reactions: Margen67

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
"Install failed!
Could not initialize AM service"

EDIT: Please disregard my question. It looks like I need sleep and to read more.

Reactions: Suiginou
D

Deleted User

OP
After extract I get 3 files .cia .3ds .elf, ok for install I use the cia.

And what do I do with the 3ds folder with FBI.3dsx and FBI.smdh files?

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS folders with the FBI.3dsx and FBI.smdh are specifically for Ninjhax.
You would put them on your SD card like so:
sd:/3ds/FBI/FBI.3dsx
sd:/3ds/FBI/FBI.smdh

It's how ninjhax reads what homebrew is there.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The 3DS folders with the FBI.3dsx and FBI.smdh are specifically for Ninjhax.
You would put them on your SD card like so:
sd:/3ds/FBI/FBI.3dsx
sd:/3ds/FBI/FBI.smdh

It's how ninjhax reads what homebrew is there.
I thought the homebrew launcher used that format and ninjhax just blindly loads sd:/boot.3dsx?

Death78793

Trophies
XP
Country
I got an error while sockfile:

What's wrong?

I got the same error and I put the blame on my router (still might be that), but then I manually transferred the CIA to the 3DS only to realize that the 3DS kills the installation process because it does not have the am service enabled.

Death78793

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully someone can make a tutorial on how to install the patched services patch for us on Ninjhax! Thanks anyway!

I'd like that too, but the only source of that happening is with this (huge thanks to the dev for sharing a link to it), and unfortunately it looks like it's not compiling (even if it were, it'd require running bootstrap's ARM9 branch before running it, so probably no luck for new 3DS owners unless you can use Brahma with it), and would require doing the procedure each time you were to install something to the system.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like that too, but the only source of that happening is with this (huge thanks to the dev for sharing a link to it), and unfortunately it looks like it's not compiling (even if it were, it'd require running bootstrap's ARM9 branch before running it, so probably no luck for new 3DS owners unless you can use Brahma with it), and would require doing the procedure each time you were to install something to the system.

service-patch compiles fine here. You just have to use the latest ctrulib that added svcBackdoor to it.

As for getting it to do much more than that i haven't quite figured that out. haha

I'm no programmer, i just tinker with stuff until it does something. :)

Reactions: Death78793

Death78793

Trophies
XP
Country
service-patch compiles fine here. You just have to use the latest ctrulib that added svcBackdoor to it.

As for getting it to do much more than that i haven't quite figured that out. haha

I'm no programmer, i just tinker with stuff until it does something. :)

Thanks for letting me know! I'm also tinkering around with all this stuff but I'm being very careful with this XD

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
just courious, which speed can you get for cia install over the network?

I get around 800KB/s with my own wireless cia installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1