• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay so i tried to uninstall stuff from the NAND (leftover from regionchange) and im getting:

invalid argument (0x7)
Tried to uninstall system app (0x2c)
Can FBI not uninstall system apps?

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When using the network receive functionality, the CIA file is sent over the network, saved temporarily onto the SD card, installed and then discarded, correct?

eggwolio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to patch service access first through some way or another (something like https://github.com/archshift/service-patch, perhaps?), but yes. Note that only properly signed CIAs will work, as Ninjhax does not provide any sort of signature patching.

How do I install this service patch? Excited to install some clean CIAs on my 2DS.

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I think you should add this to the next release:

I have 2 folders in the Nintendo 3DS folder: One is 6ed7e055b01fa14e1a1e0ab2d4bca2bf (My main USA directory) and two is bd5334b97b2752cb848b445ba0b3449a, which is my Japanese EumNAND used for rxTools. I'm kinda impatient for the rxTools CIA Homebrew support release, so how about dual-CIA folder installation?

You know, you pick which folder to install the CIA into. :P

Reactions: AquaX101

darkfire9191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like that too, but the only source of that happening is with this (huge thanks to the dev for sharing a link to it), and unfortunately it looks like it's not compiling (even if it were, it'd require running bootstrap's ARM9 branch before running it, so probably no luck for new 3DS owners unless you can use Brahma with it), and would require doing the procedure each time you were to install something to the system.

You only need to acquire ARM11 kernel to be able to run service-patch, not ARM9 kernel.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
FBI doesn't currently uninstall system apps. (just shows a "Tried to uninstall system app (0x2c)" )

Any way around this? BigRedMenu is too dangerous to use to uninstall things as it has a nasty menu bug and will uinstall an incorrect system app likely resulting in a brick or something not working afterwords.

This app could be used (especially for region swappers), but currently doesn't seem to let us uninstall NAND content.

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI doesn't currently uninstall system apps. (just shows a "Tried to uninstall system app (0x2c)" )

Any way around this? BigRedMenu is too dangerous to use to uninstall things as it has a nasty menu bug and will uinstall an incorrect system app likely resulting in a brick or something not working afterwords.

This app could be used (especially for region swappers), but currently doesn't seem to let us uninstall NAND content.

Encountered this as well, could be great if it can be fixed.

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

Is not a menu bug but an AM service bug i think. LUA code (and so C code) is good.

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm having some issues with it as well. When I run bootstrap.3dsx, it goes to a black screen for a bit, then crashes back to the home menu. When I try to run servicepatch.3dsx, all I get is a black screen that stays there and doesn't do anything. If I try to install the cia from the 3ds itself, I get "Install failed! Could not initilize the AM service". If I try to install it via sockfile, I get "Failed to initialize"
I am on firmware 9.2.0-2U, using the Ninjhax exploit.
Here is the file structure I'm using:
/root
/3ds​
/bootstrap​
bootstrap.3dsx​
/servicepatcher​
servicepatcher.3dsx​
/FBI​
fbi.3dsx​
fbi.smdh​

Here are the hashes for the files I'm using(MD5):
bootstrap.3dsx: 793cd0fd5dd89566f69663bd7e29dc0c
servicepatch.3dsx: 41ea9d0897228416b95028a4b3c58705
fbi.3dsx: 1e01ec85420d33172c98ae987afcdd49
fbi.smdh: aa9dacbe098d4120f064f2d9790dd628

Any help would be appreciated.

--Fixed--
Turns out I was not on ninjhax 1.1b

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm having some issues with it as well. When I run bootstrap.3dsx, it goes to a black screen for a bit, then crashes back to the home menu. When I try to run servicepatch.3dsx, all I get is a black screen that stays there and doesn't do anything. If I try to install the cia from the 3ds itself, I get "Install failed! Could not initilize the AM service". If I try to install it via sockfile, I get "Failed to initialize"
-snip-

Have you tried compiling the latest commit to the master branch of bootstrap? It runs for me and allows exiting after success by using A+B+X+Y, then I can run patch-service from there :)
EDIT: It doesn't work each time and it unfortunately still doesn't let FBI do its thing, even via sockfile.

D

Deleted User

OP
Warning, big post ahead. Going to try to answer everything I can.

Alright, finally got back to trying out sockfile.

The error it gives is..."failed to connect: no error" edit: -I get this regardless of anything to do with my 3DS. Doesn't matter if it's on, off, in FBI - network install mode, in ctrclient mode of palantine, or whatever else.

One time, while in the middle of a .cia installation with ctrclient and with my 3DS on the home menu of palantine cfw in ctrclient mode I got sockfile to say something like "cancel batch y/n?" but I closed the window quickly by impulse and haven't been able to reproduce the same message.

ctrclient doesn't connect 100% of the time, but usually I can get it to work within 2-3 tries. I have given well over 20 tries with sockfile so far, but every time it's "failed to connect: no error".

edit: on the bright side, regular installation from SD works well. But am I missing something or is there no "import all .cia" kind of option? That would be very useful for things like firmware updates where there can be 50-100 .cias to install.

The sockfile issues you're having might be Windows specific. I had to make some changes to get it to even compile on Windows, and I guess I might have to take a look at it again. For example, the "no error" is because Windows sockets use their own error function, not errno.

And no, FBI does not work with ctrclient nor is sockfile made to work with CFW.

Hey you wouldn't mind publishing this to DownloadMii? Also if so, could you add a warning that it requires patched services? thanks!

:D

Sure, I'll do it in a sec.

I got an error while sockfile:
What's wrong?
That usually just means the connection was interrupted. Check your network and try again.
Okay so i tried to uninstall stuff from the NAND (leftover from regionchange) and im getting:

invalid argument (0x7)
Tried to uninstall system app (0x2c)
Can FBI not uninstall system apps?
Unfortunately, that's an AM service error. Unless I can figure out some way to get AM to ignore uninstalling system apps, they won't be uninstallable. Uninstalling normal applications from the NAND should work fine, however.
When using the network receive functionality, the CIA file is sent over the network, saved temporarily onto the SD card, installed and then discarded, correct?
Actually, its fed directly into the AM service, not being saved onto the SD card.
I think you should add this to the next release:

I have 2 folders in the Nintendo 3DS folder: One is 6ed7e055b01fa14e1a1e0ab2d4bca2bf (My main USA directory) and two is bd5334b97b2752cb848b445ba0b3449a, which is my Japanese EumNAND used for rxTools. I'm kinda impatient for the rxTools CIA Homebrew support release, so how about dual-CIA folder installation?

You know, you pick which folder to install the CIA into. :P
Unfortunately, I can't do that with how CIA installing works. I need to make use of the AM service, which installs to the NAND/SD folder of the currently running NAND. Also, if this is about the rxTools CIA homebrew support, you won't be able to run it without homebrew support anyway.
/root
/3ds​
/bootstrap​
bootstrap.3dsx​
/servicepatcher​
servicepatcher.3dsx​
/FBI​
fbi.3dsx​
fbi.smdh​

Here are the hashes for the files I'm using(MD5):
bootstrap.3dsx: 793cd0fd5dd89566f69663bd7e29dc0c
servicepatch.3dsx: 41ea9d0897228416b95028a4b3c58705
fbi.3dsx: 1e01ec85420d33172c98ae987afcdd49
fbi.smdh: aa9dacbe098d4120f064f2d9790dd628

FBI can't install from Ninjhax without a successful service patching first. I'll consider looking into providing my own service patching solution to make things easy.

Reactions: Death78793

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Have you tried compiling the latest commit to the master branch of bootstrap? It runs for me and allows exiting after success by using A+B+X+Y, then I can run patch-service from there :)
EDIT: It doesn't work each time and it unfortunately still doesn't let FBI do its thing, even via sockfile.

managed to get it to work quite easily; just integrate service patch into FBI and compile.
Now when i got it; i dont really have any use for it (as im not a pirate :P)

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
managed to get it to work quite easily; just integrate service patch into FBI and compile.

I've been testing this program to see what kinds of quirks it might show, so I might try doing that too XD
Thanks for the info :)

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you upload the binaries? if not could you explain how to integrate the service patch into FBI?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: you can be the host