Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I run my games on USB without any problem...
The discussion isn't about running USB games in general, but rather quickstart properly booting the games from USB in Tiramisu. Some USB drives can quickboot USB games no issues, others like mine take you to the home menu when you auickstart a USB game and other USB drives tell you it was disconnected after leaving the quickstart menu. In every scenario though loading games in general from USB isn't an issue after you're in the Wii U menu, it's just getting them to run directly from quickstart that seems to be inconsistent.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Jesusbiz

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bother you, Maschell.
I pointed out some slight things and questions about Tiramisu, and I'm not sure if you could perhaps shed some light on these 3 points I posted.
I mostly interested in point 1 and 3, since I'm not sure if #1 is actually a glitch/bug, and if #3 is possible with Tiramisu or not.

Thanks for all the work and love for WiiU! I still it daily and it's always a wonder to see things still bein released and worked on for it :D
In regards to your question 3, while I'm aware Maschell's goal with Aroma will be to allow all sorts of plugins to autoboot, you can in the meantime get whatever plugins available for the plugin system to essentially autoboot. Here's what you do: get the autoboot version of the plugin system and select the plugins you want it to automatically apply on boot and put them in the proper folder on your SD card. Now, you want to make a channel for the autoboot plugin system via NUSPacker. Install it as a channel, run it to make sure it works as desired, and now every time you turn on the Wii U menu and the quickstart screen appears, just make sure to launch your autoboot plugin system channel. And the goal will be achieved.

Also I recommend moving on from the dark mode plugin to an actual dark theme that you can apply to your menu permanently or temporarily via SDcafiine. They just look better on my opinion and the Wara Wara Plaza doesn't get all faded out this way too.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
...............if that's all then I'm sticking with CBHC - worked flawlessly since installation.
Honestly, that's not all, that's just the start. Modularity is going to bring amazing things to the system. For now we have non Wii U controller pairing from system menu without extra steps, and it's just going to get better

I would say it's worth the hassle. It makes everything much faster and convenient.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I already answered similiar question a few pages ago.
1. Yes thats normal
2. There is no visual feedback it should just load, but without mocha tiramisu won't work properly so would probably get a crash.
3. Not possible without breaking existing homebrews, this will be a things for aroma though (the "main" environment I am working on)

Ah I see.
Then I have nothing to worry about.
I'll be looking forward for Aroma and what it could bring :) (and hopefully a Dark theme too :lol:)
Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: jeannotte

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I followed the guide, but maybe I did something wrong. I did get the thing installed into health and safety, I did set the boot to wii u menu. And Mii maker loads homebrew loader. But the homebrew I installed on the system from using Haxchi doesn't work. Just gives a error. On top of that, the settings says the version I'm using is not 9.9.9 like it does when I load haxchi :blink:

(Sorry if this was answered already, I'm late to the party.)

AQS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I run my games on USB without any problem...

same here.. I have 2 Wiiu consoles (tiramisu for both) , both having a 512gb USB flash drive for the external drive and quickboot works perfectly on both... I tried loading a few different titles and had no issues qoing right from quickboot to game.

maybe the issue some people are seeing is related to external slower mechanical drives? ... which generally have slower IOPS and it's taking too long to get detected ? .. just a thought

Last edited by AQS,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, paper Mario now works after updating, and the cursor for the pro controller appears now, both the hand and the normal highlight box. it didn't seem to work for me before, so now I've deleted the homebrew channel I installed, since I can pretty much do everything with mii maker. I did some more testing on that disconnected usb device issue with quick menu enabled. I disabled sleep, but it had no effect. no idea what the issue is, but it's only present when quick menu is enabled. I even tried with a very short cable, same issue.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you can't autoboot sdcafiine for now.
You can in a sense, again what I've done is create an SDCafiine channel via the Haxchi method, and then on every boot if I want to autoboot SDCafiine, I just choose it from the quicklaunch menu. But beyiond that, that thread will help you install themes permanently either through FTP or the theme installer homebrew. With the temporary SDCafiine method also showcased. I use both lol.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Now that most of my questions about Tiramisu have been answered. I must ask @Maschell and Contributors: Is there a way to help you with the development of Aroma? I can't donate to the project. At least not yet, but my WiiU is at your service in case you want to run some test and debug files

In behalf of everyone here. I am completely grateful for your effort in such a beautiful (and god's forsaken) console

Faran Maqsood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
So if anyone can explain to me why my previously installed homebrew with haxchi don't work when I use this new "Tiramisu" thing, that would be nice. :ninja:
Something similar happened to me. Turns out installing Tiramisu somehow deleted the sigpatch module on my sd card and that prevented all of my installed homebrew apps from working. Download the latest Tiramisu sd card build and overwrite the whole wiiu folder. See if that helps?

tehrzky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Maschell can we have a config.txt that will autolaunch .elf (after booting the tiramisu) like the old haxchi ?

haxchi config.txt
a=fw.img
b=sysmenu
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf <<<<<< like this one

the autoboot module is limited only to these choices
Wii U Menu, Homebrew Channel, vWii System Menu or vWii Homebrew Channel.

ty

edit:
As I mentioned, that app's github has been taken down, and I've never used it, plus the OP wasn't aware that men.pack had a lot of the theme elements too, so I fear that Rosalina was only programed for men2.pack.

So yeah I'm just doing this on SDCafiine for the time being, but I'd like to go permanent if I can. Like I said, FTPiiU gave me a scare with this one, but I thankfully I was able to recover.
idk about that dark themes but i think maybe if maschell added the config.txt autolaunch elf like the one on haxchi it will work.

Last edited by tehrzky,
Reactions: AQS

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if anyone can explain to me why my previously installed homebrew with haxchi don't work when I use this new "Tiramisu" thing, that would be nice. :ninja:
You need to remove: "sd:\wiiu\environments\tiramisu\modules\setup\50_hbl_installer.rpx" from your SD Card. This does remove the Homebrew Loader from launching when you select Mii Maker, so you'll probably want to keep a separate Homebrew Loader channel installed.

dm123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
So this time with the latest version, retroarch channel doesn't work properly, I need to remove the 050_hbl_installer.rpx again to make it work. Anyone tried that work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo