Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some important ones are, like vWii channel forwarders (such as USBLoader GX), SDCafiine is, the Plugin System is, and I think the vWii overclock app (always forget it's proper name) is too.

.elf is outdated and restricted compared to .rpx though, that's part of what this move is all about it seems. In order to push the limits of what can be done in these environments, it appears that it will be important for .elf to be left behind. My understanding is that Aroma straight up wont load .elf homebrew at all. At least that's what I last heard a few months back from Maschell himself.
Leaving any dead projects to actually die, even though they should stay around. Like wuphax.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leaving any dead projects to actually die, even though they should stay around. Like wuphax.
I'm not a big fan of it myself, but it sounds like Maschell has big plans with Aroma, that simply wouldn't be possible if these moves aren't made with Aroma. (Unless something has changed and he's found a way to keep both accessible, but I'm pretty sure he was saying that it simply wont be possible for what's in store for it)

Plus, the .elf homebrew still works perfectly fine with Tiramisu here, it's gonna be real easy to swap between environments, so it's not like using Aroma will mean we can never touch our .elf homebrew again anyway.

Reactions: OrGoN3 and geoGolem

droople

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just wondering that should I update the tiramisu to follow the nightly and if yes how to update it?

Cheers

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a big fan of it myself, but it sounds like Maschell has big plans with Aroma, that simply wouldn't be possible if these moves aren't made with Aroma. (Unless something has changed and he's found a way to keep both accessible, but I'm pretty sure he was saying that it simply wont be possible for what's in store for it)

Plus, the .elf homebrew still works perfectly fine with Tiramisu here, it's gonna be real easy to swap between environments, so it's not like using Aroma will mean we can never touch our .elf homebrew again anyway.
Cool. So you said to just not install the homebrew launcher and we can still use elf's?

I wonder if devs of dead projects will release updated rpx versions. Or if a conversion is possible.

Thanks for all the info!!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. So you said to just not install the homebrew launcher and we can still use elf's?

I wonder if devs of dead projects will release updated rpx versions. Or if a conversion is possible.

Thanks for all the info!!
Well you'll still want a homebrew loader, just remove the 50_hbl_installer.rpx file from your SD card, the Wii U can still have the Homebrew Loader Channel though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a conversion is possible, but it's beyond my abilities. I think you need to make changes to the source code, possibly using wut.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Can you coldboot this? just turn on the wii u and this will be on?
Yes. Consider this as a free alternative for CBHC with support for quick menu, and also as an introduction to Enviroments system, further in future it will be very easy to switch to Aroma

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't get quick menu to work properly. still says that the usb has been disconnected, then the system restarts. it's only if quick menu is enabled. if I turn on the vwii hdd, which is powered with a toggle switch as well, it will detect both hard drives and tell me only one can be on despite using ustealth on the vwii hdd. system functions normally with both hdds if quick menu is disabled.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m finally going to set this up tonight. If I read correctly in previous posts I actually don’t need to uninstall haxchi, if this is true I won’t be uninstalling it since it’s been on my wiiu for years and I’m assuming I won’t need to worry about bricks with this installed and Tiramisu. If I have to worry about bricks with both installed I will actually uninstall haxchi. I never installed cbhc because I always worried about the chance of something going wrong.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Talking about old projects.
Would be great if they don't let Loadiine GX2 to die.
Is a great app, and not everyone has the resources to get a dedicated HDD, unfortunatelly it has many issues, and has been forgotten

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740