Hacking [RELEASE] vitaWolfen - Wolfenstein 3D port for PSVITA

miketheratguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That error code appears to be a fairly generic crash error, the web browser gives the same one when the henkaku exploit code fails to do it's thing.

I appreciate your help, in particular the fact that you took the time to go to your files and take a picture, but sadly I'm still confused. :)

I wasn't sure how the 1.0 Wolf3D would recognize the other main vpks unless I installed all four of the vpks that come in the 0.5 package, so that's what I did. It seemed weird that there were now 4 Wolfenstein bubbles on the home screen but I figured that it isn't a big deal. But before going further I tried to play the full 0.5 version of Wolfenstein and it didn't work.

I then wasn't sure if I was supposed to just delete all files in the Wolf3D data folder or what, so I simply installed the 1.0 package on top of it. Here are the results.

1. vitaWolfen bubble, says nothing on bubble menu. When I enter it I'm asked if I want to play shareware Wolf or SoD demo.
2. vitaWolfen bubble, menu says Shareware. Plays with no sound.
3. vitaWolfen bubble, menu says SoD Demo. Plays with no sound. Crashed when I died.
4. vitaWolfen bubble, says SoD Full. Doesn't play; black screen.

I apologize because I know that the problem still must be on my end but I'm not sure exactly what needs to be installed and in what order.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I apologize because I know that the problem still must be on my end but I'm not sure exactly what needs to be installed and in what order.

Vitawolfen v0.5 had a separate vpk and bubble for each game/version and did not support sound. These are the bubbles you listed as 2, 3 and 4.
You can uninstall them.

Vitawolfen v1.0 has a single VPK and bubble and supports sound. It then detects what games you have datafiles for (in 'UX0:data/Wolfenstein 3D') and lists them as options. This is the bubble you listed as 1.
If it is only listing shareware wolf and sod demo then it has not found the full game files in 'UX0:data/Wolfenstein 3D'

Delete all contents of 'UX0:data/Wolfenstein 3D' and copy the data files from the full version of WOLF and/or SOD into there. http://i.imgur.com/oCauFyX.jpg

Then play via the bubble you listed as 1, and it will show the options to launch the full versions. http://i.imgur.com/3OxMfGM.jpg

Last edited by Count Duckula,
Reactions: miketheratguy

miketheratguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vitawolfen v0.5 had a separate vpk and bubble for each game/version and did not support sound. These are the bubbles you listed as 2, 3 and 4.
You can uninstall them.

Vitawolfen v1.0 has a single VPK and bubble and supports sound. It then detects what games you have datafiles for (in 'UX0:data/Wolfenstein 3D') and lists them as options. This is the bubble you listed as 1.
If it is only listing shareware wolf and sod demo then it has not found the full game files in 'UX0:data/Wolfenstein 3D'

Delete all contents of 'UX0:data/Wolfenstein 3D' and copy the data files from the full version of WOLF and/or SOD into there. http://i.imgur.com/oCauFyX.jpg

Then play via the bubble you listed as 1, and it will show the options to launch the full versions. http://i.imgur.com/3OxMfGM.jpg

Sorry for the late reply, this is my first time back on the Vita for some further experimenting. Thanks for the continued help.

I found the Wolf3D and SoD files on an abandonware site and tried to do what you suggested. It seems that Spear of Destiny works - that is, it's detected by the program and plays when I press the button to begin. Wolf, on the other hand, still doesn't work for some reason. Error C2-12828-1. The strange thing is that this VPK DOES detect the Wolf3D full package, and gives me a separate button to begin. When I press the button though, I get the error.

Obviously I'm still doing something wrong. The Wolf3D package came inside a folder, and there's another folder alongside the files. Something about Wolf3D v11 Gus or something like that. Additionally, next to the folder that contains all the files is a MACOSX folder. Should that folder structure be obeyed? I tried a couple of different combinations but all that did was render the Wolf3D files undetectable.

One last thing: When I installed all the Wolf3D files (not the folders), and then proceeded to do the same with SoD, there was a Wolf3D exe overwrite. I wasn't sure if that should have happened.

EDIT! Ah, the problem seems to have been an incorrect version of Wolfenstein. The site I found it on offered several different versions (Apogee, DOS, etc.) so I suppose it was a matter of trial and error until I found the right one. Aside from continued crashing when I die in SoD the games appear to be working now. Thank you again for your help!

Last edited by miketheratguy,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
v.1.5 released, bringing tons of new features and bugfixes!

Changelog:

- Moved to vitaGL for rendering.
- Moved from Wolf3D-PSP to Wolf4SDL base code.
- Fixed a lot of bugs causing random crashes, graphical glitches, game freezes
- Fixed fade-in/fade-out effects. Now they work as intended.
- Fixed main menu voices not being usable/freezing the game
- Fixed boot menu animation, now it works as intended.
- Reworked the launcher with ImGui for a cool-looking experience.
- Added an ImGui menubar with several features in-game.
- Added Cheats menu with several cheats to use during game.
- Added an fps counter.
- Added shaders support.
- Added vFlux support.
- Added Bilinear filtering support.
- Added runtime rescaler with customizable resolution settings.
- Added possibility to change in game UI appearence in the main menu.
- Fixed swap weapon key. Now it doesn't bug anymore keeping switching weapon constantly.
- Added support for Spear of Destiny missionpacks (Return to Danger and Ultimate Callenge).
- Added possibility to launch another core without having to close and reopen the launcher.
- Fixed audio code. Now it doesn't have strange glitchy effects with some sounds.
- Improved framerate. Now game runs at solid 60 FPS.

Credits:

- ocornut for dear ImGui
- rsn8887 for fixing shader for vitaGL usage
- All my patroners for their awesome support:
  • Billy McLaughlin II
  • Styde Pregny
  • XandridFire
  • AnOtHeROnE
  • Count Duckula
  • Jorge Laurencena
  • Jaden Emrich
  • polytoad
  • Defkyle
  • John Wanot
  • Ramerson Wesley Araújo
  • PSX-Place.com
  • rsn8887
  • Samuel Batista
  • Andyways
  • gnuffy
  • Colan Wiser
  • Elwood Blues
  • Justin
  • Angel Villagómez
  • gnmmarechal
  • Pirloui
  • Santiago Quiroga
  • Lars Zondervan
  • Daniel Crane
  • Yakara Network
  • Gelson Silva
  • Bryan Hanbury
  • 2Mourty

Download: http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/31

ratmandom

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok so I have my quake running and all that good stuff.

beautiful!

I can not get the
SOD 2
SOD 3

to work here is my screen shot of the folder

IS THIS OK.jpg

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
If you have skype and can add me (rinnegatamante1), i can send you a debug version to check what happened.
Hi, I love your work and your passion clearly shows in all that you bring to the community. I knew this is old but I'm having the same error code and I, for the life of me cannot figure out where to place the spear of destiny files. I left the episodes in folders titles M1, M2, M3 and placed them in the root of the "..\data\Wolfenstein 3d" folder. I am not very certain as to what version of VPK I have installed, I got it from psx-place, but my game files came from the GOG DosBox release.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just put your SOD files into the same folder ..\data\Wolfenstein 3d. Do not delete the Demo files or any file in this folder. It was work on this way for me, easy. Do not create new folders. I was only testing SOD 1, I do not know when SOD2 and 3 works to.
EDIT : rinnegatamante, he mostly use GOG version, so it should work for you.

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just put your SOD files into the same folder ..\data\Wolfenstein 3d. Do not delete the Demo files or any file in this folder. It was work on this way for me, easy. Do not create new folders. I was only testing SOD 1, I do not know when SOD2 and 3 works to.
EDIT : rinnegatamante, he mostly use GOG version, so it should work for you.
Thank you for replying. I did delete the shareware files. Also I couldn't place all of the gog fines in the folder riveter cause they (Spear of Destiny files) all had .SOD ext, well I found a post by rinnegatamante on wololo that was identical to this and a guy commented with the same problems and confirmed that the steam version all had the correct file extensions so I bought wolf3d and SoD on steam for 8 bucks and I got all versions except the shareware to show. Still was getting crashes as soon as I'd try starting. So I moved away from it for a few hours and came back to it and realized I needed to change the files from all caps to lowercase, so I did but haven't tried it yet cause I'm tired. Lol. I'll try in the morning so I can dig in if needed

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, do not delete the shareware files, this files are in the Port already. I had the same problem wit Blake Stone. Its easy, just take your time.
SOD 2 and 3 works great on a hacked Wii, dont think it will work with the vitatv port.

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, do not delete the shareware files, this files are in the Port already. I had the same problem wit Blake Stone. Its easy, just take your time.
SOD 2 and 3 works great on a hacked Wii, dont think it will work with the vitatv port.
Thanks for this. Yeah I'm going to redownload the shareware files and try again, just not quite yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol