Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

MattyMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when its ??? it means a bad icon or picture, or a totaly corrupt wup.
In my case, the ??? was because I had & in the name when I converted it to WUP. I re-did it without the & and it’s working now.

Just need time to hook up my old Wii; use my GameCube memory card to rip all my old saves!

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello,

I would like to make Wii and GC injections of my backups and to do this, I would like to firstly clarify some point and get the following:
  • The banners, icons and the boot sound for the games, does anyone have a really complete pack with these stuff?
  • Are the GameCube injectios compatible with the Wii U GamePad to control them from there? If yes, does it mean that each injection is calling somehow the Nintendont boot.dol positioned in the SD?
  • How the Wii save games are managed? I did a test with one Wii injection, and it didn't recognize the save game that I have in the vWii mode (with USB Loader GX it does recognize it).
  • How the GC save games are managed? Does it look for the save files in the SD:\saves\[GAMEFOLDER]?
Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Legacyblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I would like to make Wii and GC injections of my backups and to do this, I would like to firstly clarify some point and get the following:
  • The banners, icons and the boot sound for the games, does anyone have a really complete pack with these stuff?
  • Are the GameCube injectios compatible with the Wii U GamePad to control them from there? If yes, does it mean that each injection is calling somehow the Nintendont boot.dol positioned in the SD?
  • How the Wii save games are managed? I did a test with one Wii injection, and it didn't recognize the save game that I have in the vWii mode (with USB Loader GX it does recognize it).
  • How the GC save games are managed? Does it look for the save files in the SD:\saves\[GAMEFOLDER]?
Thanks in advance,

Best regards

1) The tool pulls images from a dropbox repository. MOST games have some images. (Though they're easy to make if a couple of the games you're injecting don't have existing images)
2) Yes. Unless you check to disable gamepad input, it'll ask if you want to use the gamepad to control the game when launching.
3) The save is inside the wiiU data, not the VC wii. The Wii VC and the vWii are completely separate.
4) Yes, it looks on the SD card for the saves (not sure of the exact location). Depending on your nintendon't configuration, you'll either have one file per game or a file representing a virtual memory card for ALL games. (One per game is safer, but games won't know about save files from other games. So you won't be able to get certain trophies in melee.). The reason it does this instead of creating save-data in the wiiU data is because gc injected Wii VCs are basically just a nintendon't forwarder.

Reactions: Willsito_GG

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1) The tool pulls images from a dropbox repository. MOST games have some images. (Though they're easy to make if a couple of the games you're injecting don't have existing images)
2) Yes. Unless you check to disable gamepad input, it'll ask if you want to use the gamepad to control the game when launching.
3) The save is inside the wiiU data, not the VC wii. The Wii VC and the vWii are completely separate.
4) Yes, it looks on the SD card for the saves (not sure of the exact location). Depending on your nintendon't configuration, you'll either have one file per game or a file representing a virtual memory card for ALL games. (One per game is safer, but games won't know about save files from other games. So you won't be able to get certain trophies in melee.). The reason it does this instead of creating save-data in the wiiU data is because gc injected Wii VCs are basically just a nintendon't forwarder.
3rd one is false, the wiivc saves are the same saveds on vwii he probably just used a diferent region inject since pal game saves are diferrent from ntsc saves ids...

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3rd one is false, the wiivc saves are the same saveds on vwii he probably just used a diferent region inject since pal game saves are diferrent from ntsc saves ids...
Yeh that’s def right because my Wii HoD overkill save was loaded when I went to play my Wii U VC inject that I made

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeh that’s def right because my Wii HoD overkill save was loaded when I went to play my Wii U VC inject that I made

Are you really sure about that?

Because the only test that I did, injecting New Super Mario Bros (Wii version), for which I have my save data in the vWii mode, I opened the injection of the game, and it didn't recognized any saved data, and it somehow, created a new saved data in the Wii U...

Regards

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you very much for your extended answer!!! :D

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because the only test that I did, injecting New Super Mario Bros (Wii version), for which I have my save data in the vWii mode, I opened the injection of the game, and it didn't recognized any saved data, and it somehow, created a new saved data in the Wii U...

Regards

Positive. I had all my upgraded weapons on a fresh game. I might have had the game save first so there was a save file created then moved over save from sd card. But the Wii games I have injected that are on Wii U home menu there save files are definitely in vwii save manager or whatever it’s called, on bottom left corner u click to get to ur saves on vwii and all the saves r there

On my Wii U right now in vwii. Wii icon bottom left that has circle round it Click on it then click save data and all my saves are there. I haven’t played Wii games any other way but VC injects from Wii U menu. 100% positive

Are you sure u moved ur save data over from the sd card to vwii System nand. There’s a tab for saves on sd card. Then u can copy/move saves over to vwii System

On HoD u lose ur items after each game if u don’t recollect them in game so what I do every time I start the game to play it is copy over a save I keep on sd card. Of course I have to goto vwii and copy it over then return to Wii U to start the game which is a pain and that’s why I remembered but just tried it now to say 100% positive. The save is from my regular Wii that I did the samething on that

The only thing saved on the Wii U side is the game itself and that’s it. When u start VC Wii games u go from Wii U mode to vwii mode so it couldn’t be saving ur game to Wii U side its like other user said they two totally separate systems. Once on vwii it’s a Wii System and not communicating with Wii U side anymore.

And if what you said is true then you’d have two save files now which means using dif region game.
Maybe now that it created a new save now copy over the save you wanted and replacing the new one that was created

Last edited by Tri-Z,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Regards

you probably have wrong region iso...
if you have a save for pal version and install the ntsc version obviously it wont read the save...

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Positive. I had all my upgraded weapons on a fresh game. I might have had the game save first so there was a save file created then moved over save from sd card. But the Wii games I have injected that are on Wii U home menu there save files are definitely in vwii save manager or whatever it’s called, on bottom left corner u click to get to ur saves on vwii and all the saves r there

On my Wii U right now in vwii. Wii icon bottom left that has circle round it Click on it then click save data and all my saves are there. I haven’t played Wii games any other way but VC injects from Wii U menu. 100% positive

Are you sure u moved ur save data over from the sd card to vwii System nand. There’s a tab for saves on sd card. Then u can copy/move saves over to vwii System

On HoD u lose ur items after each game if u don’t recollect them in game so what I do every time I start the game to play it is copy over a save I keep on sd card. Of course I have to goto vwii and copy it over then return to Wii U to start the game which is a pain and that’s why I remembered but just tried it now to say 100% positive. The save is from my regular Wii that I did the samething on that

The only thing saved on the Wii U side is the game itself and that’s it. When u start VC Wii games u go from Wii U mode to vwii mode so it couldn’t be saving ur game to Wii U side its like other user said they two totally separate systems. Once on vwii it’s a Wii System and not communicating with Wii U side anymore.

And if what you said is true then you’d have two save files now which means using dif region game.
Maybe now that it created a new save now copy over the save you wanted and replacing the new one that was created

you probably have wrong region iso...
if you have a save for pal version and install the ntsc version obviously it wont read the save...

The thing is that I am using the same PAL iso both for USB Loader GX, and the Wii U injection...

But still, let me ask something to know whether I understood you mikesinclair555....Do you mean that the only thing that I need is to have the save files in the same place as when I am playing through USB Loader GX, i.e. in the vWii left bottom icon where the save files have been all over these years in orignal Wii, right?

Or you are saying that I have to copy those save files to the SD to make the Wii game injection read from those?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is that I am using the same PAL iso both for USB Loader GX, and the Wii U injection...

But still, let me ask something to know whether I understood you mikesinclair555....Do you mean that the only thing that I need is to have the save files in the same place as when I am playing through USB Loader GX, i.e. in the vWii left bottom icon where the save files have been all over these years in orignal Wii, right?

Or you are saying that I have to copy those save files to the SD to make the Wii game injection read from those?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

No copy to sd leave on nand

Have them be where they have been on regular Wii. I mentioned the sd part because I thought maybe you were transferring the save from ur reg Wii using usbloader gx to vwii on Wii U. And I figured I’d mention it because when you choose the save section the the option on the right tab which is sd card it has the gridlock pattern with the saves icon and it looks similar to the saves in nand area which is tab on the left so if you were moving it from another system you may have clicked the sd part and not realizing or remembered to move it to nand storage just cause it has the same look. Hopefully I didn’t confuse u more.

Reactions: Willsito_GG

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No copy to sd leave on nand

Have them be where they have been on regular Wii. I mentioned the sd part because I thought maybe you were transferring the save from ur reg Wii using usbloader gx to vwii on Wii U. And I figured I’d mention it because when you choose the save section the the option on the right tab which is sd card it has the gridlock pattern with the saves icon and it looks similar to the saves in nand area which is tab on the left so if you were moving it from another system you may have clicked the sd part and not realizing or remembered to move it to nand storage just cause it has the same look. Hopefully I didn’t confuse u more.

It is OK!

Thank you very much

bmod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I exit a gc game? When I press the home button, it restarts the wiiu. I also tried the down+B+R+Z but nothing happens. This is with the Zelda collection game.

Also, when I started the game, it asked for a memory card but says no memory card was found. I already checked memcard emulation in the config file. The game, however, allows me to create a save file when I play it. Is this normal?

Last edited by bmod,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How do I exit a gc game? When I press the home button, it restarts the wiiu. I also tried the down+B+R+Z but nothing happens. This is with the Zelda collection game.

Also, when I started the game, it asked for a memory card but says no memory card was found. I already checked memcard emulation in the config file. The game, however, allows me to create a save file when I play it. Is this normal?
you cannot return to nintendont menu you can either restart the wiiu with home or shut it down with power button.

if mcemu is turned on on the settings and you have an sd card inside the wiiu that isnt locked the savefile will be created.

Reesestorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know dumb question but can I get games like super smash bros brawl to use a GC controller? if so how I already have an adapter I just do not know how to get it to work with it unless I ran the script wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Toxic pills are best