• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Republican party wants to deny constitutional voting rights, to prevent 2022 mid terms from happening again

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just made shit up to get upset about it. There is no major Leftist movement, party, nor even politicians in the US. All actions are done under right wing parties and policies. Blue states are still right wing, democrats are still right wing, and everything they do is barely left from Republicans.
Weird that the Democrat Party did the exact same things that every leftist party around the world did for 2 years concerning Covid. And now we learn that Facebook and Twitter had special web pages for the government to submit names to ban from their platforms. Sounds pretty left wing to me. Even a little Nazi-ish.
The rest you just made up, there is no major voter fraud. Glad you admit to hating democracy, try harder with pretending you don’t hate freedom. You can “no you” and make shit up all day but that doesn’t mean shit.
Of course I hate democracy. It's mob rule. As a kid, I didn't pledge allegiance to a democracy and as an adult, I didn't join the military to defend a democracy. A republic is better at guaranteeing the rights and freedoms of minorities. Nice to see that you admit to hating minority rights. The left's mask of authoritarianism and totalitarianism has finally been ripped off for all to see.

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is such an awful place to come and ready ppls political opinions.
This place is civil compared to Reddit. At least here, people don't wish death or dox others. We disagree here, some insults may fly, but we all seem to know and abide by certain limits of decorum. And the mods here are a lot more fair than those on social media.

Reactions: Cortador

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Weird that the Democrat Party did the exact same things that every leftist party around the world did for 2 years concerning Covid. And now we learn that Facebook and Twitter had special web pages for the government to submit names to ban from their platforms. Sounds pretty left wing to me. Even a little Nazi-ish.
What did every "Leftist party" do during the pandemic? You tossed something out there without a single example given.
Did we learn that? Do you have a source for that claim?
The Nazi party wasn't Left-wing and I still have no idea what you are going about.
Of course I hate democracy. It's mob rule. As a kid, I didn't pledge allegiance to a democracy and as an adult, I didn't join the military to defend a democracy. A republic is better at guaranteeing the rights and freedoms of minorities. Nice to see that you admit to hating minority rights. The left's mask of authoritarianism and totalitarianism has finally been ripped off for all to see.
We still have a Democracy in this Republic. I don't see how your life's story is relevant here as it really doesn't change anything. Equally, it just seems like everything you don't like is something "the left." It doesn't seem like you actually know anything about Leftist philosophy as you continue to just throw around buzzwords, "no u's" and other nonsense in regards to "the left."

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
well if it makes you feel any better, your used an illegal medical injection mandatory, so, i call that about even.
Illegal how, exactly? This is fake news, sir.
Post automatically merged:

This place is civil compared to Reddit. At least here, people don't wish death or dox others. We disagree here, some insults may fly, but we all seem to know and abide by certain limits of decorum. And the mods here are a lot more fair than those on social media.
Exactly. You want tyrranical moderation, just join the Facepunch Studios forums (The home of Garry's Mod).

Reactions: The Catboy

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did every "Leftist party" do during the pandemic? You tossed something out there without a single example given.
Did we learn that? Do you have a source for that claim?
The Nazi party wasn't Left-wing and I still have no idea what you are going about.
Forced lockdowns. Forced masking. Forced injections. All without the people's consent. Then came the censorship and banning from online platforms for wrong think. If that isn't Nazi-ish, I don't know what is.
We still have a Democracy in this Republic. I don't see how your life's story is relevant here as it really doesn't change anything. Equally, it just seems like everything you don't like is something "the left." It doesn't seem like you actually know anything about Leftist philosophy as you continue to just throw around buzzwords, "no u's" and other nonsense in regards to "the left."
We have a republic. Those who say we have a democracy are either idiots or liars. Which one are you, boy?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Forced lockdowns. Forced masking. Forced injections. All without the people's consent. Then came the censorship and banning from online platforms for wrong think. If that isn't Nazi-ish, I don't know what is.

We have a republic. Those who say we have a democracy are either idiots or liars. Which one are you, boy?
It's both, you fucking genius. A democratic republic. It's not one without the other; They coexist as ONE.

1stmoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Sorry you don't believe in science, bro.

All this fear mongering over "online censorship," do you not don't realize it's all dictated by the market? Bad press will negatively impact the bottom line of these corporations, so of course they want as little controversy as possible. You know the old saying, "vote with your wallet." You're free to take your business to another platform that'll better satisfy you.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
I thought gen z was the 'redpilled' generation who got fed up with schools pushing the envelope.
not even close. We're more fed up with schools not being funded well, resulted in the majority of us having crappy (but somewhat functional) education, making us have to go supplement it from what we could scrounge online to help us during classes, or asking classmates.

Literally in one of my school years (8th grade) My math teacher told the class something along the lines of:
"You need to keep up this year as it's going to be a firehose, and your going to drown if you don't keep your head above the water"

That's not hyperbole, she really did say firehose, and that was day one. And it was because the curriculum kept changing. Along with decreased funding in education as time went on.

I don't blame the teacher, the school simply lacked the funds needed to properly teach all of us. Because so many of the pages were so unreasonably confusing, that even someone math savay would say "this is poorly written"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Simply put, because of Republican's polices adversely affecting us. We quickly learned to not like them, purely from just from previous polices and actions in our lifetime.

for example, you want to have a decent education to get shit done, and Republicans constantly looking to cut funding out of it. Is not helpful. Let alone Regan/Nixon being the reason we have a paid collage system.

Then opposing gay marriage and trans people is a big deal. Since Gen z, we're a mostly open book. We're not going to go hide who we are, and our tolerance for bullshit is a lot smaller. Especially (for work) since many of us saw our parents struggle, and or have seen them struggle. Or seen them burned out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Or for the vast bulk that's voting today, living through 2008. And Republicans
https://apnews.com/article/north-am...ervices-laws-00c7349a612b41f496b80bacc6964409
essentially wanting to undo the law that prevents another 08 from happening. I really don't like remembering the discussion about my parents struggling to keep their house.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And that's just the start of it. We don't really like democrats THAAAT much. We like Bernie (or people close to him) because he speaks to how sick and tired we are of hearing this bullshit system. But our frustration with Republicans, is a thousand times higher. So if we're forced to pick between the two, it's democrats.

Also, a lot of us heard our parents say "that's just how the world works" to any response as to "hey this feels and looks pretty bullshit"

And the vast majority of us say "say's who? There's no reason it needs to be like this. It's not the world, it's this system."

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
not even close. We're more fed up with schools not being funded well, resulted in the majority of us having crappy (but somewhat functional) education, making us have to go supplement it from what we could scrounge online to help us during classes, or asking classmates.

Literally in one of my school years (8th grade) My math teacher told the class something along the lines of:
"You need to keep up this year as it's going to be a firehose, and your going to drown if you don't keep your head above the water"

That's not hyperbole, she really did say firehose, and that was day one. And it was because the curriculum kept changing. Along with decreased funding in education as time went on.

I don't blame the teacher, the school simply lacked the funds needed to properly teach all of us. Because so many of the pages were so unreasonably confusing, that even someone math savay would say "this is poorly written"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Simply put, because of Republican's polices adversely affecting us. We quickly learned to not like them, purely from just from previous polices and actions in our lifetime.

for example, you want to have a decent education to get shit done, and Republicans constantly looking to cut funding out of it. Is not helpful. Let alone Regan/Nixon being the reason we have a paid collage system.

Then opposing gay marriage and trans people is a big deal. Since Gen z, we're a mostly open book. We're not going to go hide who we are, and our tolerance for bullshit is a lot smaller. Especially (for work) since many of us saw our parents struggle, and or have seen them struggle. Or seen them burned out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Or for the vast bulk that's voting today, living through 2008. And Republicans
https://apnews.com/article/north-am...ervices-laws-00c7349a612b41f496b80bacc6964409
essentially wanting to undo the law that prevents another 08 from happening. I really don't like remembering the discussion about my parents struggling to keep their house.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And that's just the start of it. We don't really like democrats THAAAT much. We like Bernie (or people close to him) because he speaks to how sick and tired we are of hearing this bullshit system. But our frustration with Republicans, is a thousand times higher. So if we're forced to pick between the two, it's democrats.

Also, a lot of us heard our parents say "that's just how the world works" to any response as to "hey this feels and looks pretty bullshit"

And the vast majority of us say "say's who? There's no reason it needs to be like this. It's not the world, it's this system."
Well said... I wish I could articulate my thoughts this straight-forward. Well said mate, you nailed it.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What good is voting if all you are voting for is how much shit you have to swallow as the proletariat is being raped by taxation and inflation? Ignore FTX laundering "donated" tax dollars back to the politicians via the Ukraine racket. What a bullshit topic.

Reactions: lattechan

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A republic is better at guaranteeing the rights and freedoms of minorities.
I think you misunderstand republics, minorities, rights and freedoms.
What good is voting if all you are voting for is how much shit you have to swallow as the proletariat is being raped by taxation and inflation? Ignore FTX laundering "donated" tax dollars back to the politicians via the Ukraine racket. What a bullshit topic.
It comes down to whether you want tax dollars to be used for good, or for lining Trump and his friends pockets.

Some people have morals, some people don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...