Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure that the roms are from the correct romset?
Hi, to be honest, I don't know! I've downloaded a full romset from a post on youtube -
Retroarch (Ps Vita): Neo Geo fullset + Playlist + Thumbnails

and am right now transferring it to my vita. I think I need a neogeo.zip file in the same folder as the roms, is that right? Do you know which neogeo.zip file as there are a lot of them on the net? Are there any other files I need? Does the neogeo.zip also go in the 'system' folder? Appreciate any help!

Worked it out, everything is perfect including the analogue stick. Big thanks to the devs who made this! You guys rule!

Last edited by RitchieRitchie,
Reactions: cvskid

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, to be honest, I don't know! I've downloaded a full romset from a post on youtube -
Retroarch (Ps Vita): Neo Geo fullset + Playlist + Thumbnails

and am right now transferring it to my vita. I think I need a neogeo.zip file in the same folder as the roms, is that right? Do you know which neogeo.zip file as there are a lot of them on the net? Are there any other files I need? Does the neogeo.zip also go in the 'system' folder? Appreciate any help
When you load a core (in this case, Neo geo) you can see in the menu wich romset it's supposed to use. I asume the bios depends on this too. Go check it out.

Reactions: cvskid

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ritchie: Probably a little late, but I've got neogeo.zip in the directory ux:/data/pfba/roms. And the uni-bios has to be inside neogeo.zip, not outside of it.

Yes, PFBA is a little old, but still functional. It works great for Neo-Geo games. I suppose it's a matter of preference, but I find RetroArch less user-friendly.

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't kept up with RA for months .. any significant improvements ~~ Everything is working fine on mine just popping my head in to find out whats happening any improvements with the PS1 core ... anything at all on last years rumors of a N64 core working on vita im still dreaming for that one day ... a fools dream i know

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well... the nightlys sizes are going nuts.
There seems to be a new 1.6.9 stable version, but I don't know how to act with this new pressentation:

NQTndHb.jpg

Gotta install the vpk and then unzip the ".7z-file" on retroarch/data folder?

Last edited by Zukov,

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really play it that often and I got tired of constantly updating it so I'm still on 1.6.0 and well..it still works great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A