Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's nice but the N64 version has a number of exclusive features that were not included on any other system, such as alternate costumes, the ability to adjust the degree of violence and to change the blood color, a randomizer to place items differently during each playthrough, and a more responsive first-person control scheme ect.

But even more importantly the N64 version features 16 new in-game documents known as the "Ex Files", They are hidden throughout the four scenarios, and reveal new information about the series' lore.
Yes, now play as perfect RE2 on wiiu :) I will post here later
Post automatically merged:

Does ps1 work better in retroarch or wiistation through overclocked vwii ?
PS1 wiiu retroarch is better for exemple: organize your games and covers, easy change disc dinamics, more games perfectly play and, use others controllers pairing to bloopair, play using ps3 controller is very cool too.

Last edited by Zeox-gamer,

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What version of the core are you trying to load the Peops version or the Unai version, the Peops version should work fine as is but for the Unai version you going to need the a Unai Core Info file also otherwise you'll get an issue like you getting now?

If you are using the Unai build:
Extract this zip to SD:/retroarch/cores and delete the core_info.cache file in the info folder ;)
Load up Retroarch and try to load a game you should be able to see the Core now :)
Thanks, I'm trying what you suggested. Tried both Unai and Peops and no luck, deleted core_info and no difference, right now I'm trying to update everything through the online updater and then I'll give it one more try. :)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, I'm trying what you suggested. Tried both Unai and Peops and no luck, deleted core_info and no difference, right now I'm trying to update everything through the online updater and then I'll give it one more try. :)
Strange, what I suggested should have worked?
Where did you download Retroarch from?
Make sure you download and extract the latest build from here https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wiiu/ to the root of your SD card, then follow the steps I said in my last post.
Then either launch the Retroarch Channel or load one of the RPX's from the WiiU Homebrew Launcher :)

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Strange, what I suggested should have worked?
Where did you download Retroarch from?
Make sure you download and extract the latest build from here https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wiiu/ to the root of your SD card, then follow the steps I said in my last post.
Then either launch the Retroarch Channel or load one of the RPX's from the WiiU Homebrew Launcher :)
Ok now I got it to work (just one of the two, can't remember which one, the other one still doesn't show up) but most games give me a black screen and RA says it can't find BIOS. I tried to put bios in retroarch/system and also retroarch/cores/system and it never sees them. Do you have any idea why? :/

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok now I got it to work (just one of the two, can't remember which one, the other one still doesn't show up) but most games give me a black screen and RA says it can't find BIOS. I tried to put bios in retroarch/system and also retroarch/cores/system and it never sees them. Do you have any idea why? :/
Bios must be in SD:/retroarch/cores/system and named anyone of these https://docs.libretro.com/library/pcsx_rearmed/

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Attachments

• one.png
    one.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 15

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
- Related to PS1 core:
Sorry anyone got luck running a PS1 demo disc? It seems that PS1 core can't recognize demos at all.

I was trying to run the Demo 1 (6th edition):

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
- Related to PS1 core:
Sorry anyone got luck running a PS1 demo disc? It seems that PS1 core can't recognize demos at all.

I was trying to run the Demo 1 (6th edition):

The only one I have tried is Square Preview Number 1 because it has a demo of the first 20 mins or so of Final Fantasy VII. I aways use this demo to try out any new playstation emulators that come out. And on the WiiU it loaded perfectly and I was able to play the demo from start to finish.

Not sure if the demo worked because it was bundled in with a retail game (Tobal no 1 I think)

So mabye the issue is just with demo discs that came free with magazines.

Reactions: depaul

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The only one I have tried is Square Preview Number 1 because it has a demo of the first 20 mins or so of Final Fantasy VII. I aways use this demo to try out any new playstation emulators that come out. And on the WiiU it loaded perfectly and I was able to play the demo from start to finish.

Not sure if the demo worked because it was bundled in with a retail game (Tobal no 1 I think)

So mabye the issue is just with demo discs that came free with magazines.
Thank you @AmandaRose. Yes maybe the demo was recognized since it was bundled within a real game.

It's not big deal, just an observation. The demo serial number is : PBPX-95007 (has a special place in my heart since it came with the PlayStation). Retroarch closes the game and goes back to the menu after loading the iso.

Last edited by depaul,

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FYI, if anyone here is looking to play some old obscure JRPG from the 90s. The 100% English patched Samurai Spirits RPG for the Neo-Geo CD just released. (There're PS & Saturn versions but those haven't been translate yet or any plan to do so). The game is on CDromance as always. It's pretty fun as far as 90s JRPG goes, tons of random encounter but the combat is good so yeah.

The game runs perfectly on RA WiiU, just don't forget the neo-geo cd bios.

Reactions: depaul

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, if anyone here is looking to play some old obscure JRPG from the 90s. The 100% English patched Samurai Spirits RPG for the Neo-Geo CD just released. (There're PS & Saturn versions but those haven't been translate yet or any plan to do so). The game is on CDromance as always. It's pretty fun as far as 90s JRPG goes, tons of random encounter but the combat is good so yeah.

The game runs perfectly on RA WiiU, just don't forget the neo-geo cd bios.
I’ve been playing it all weekend. Solid RPG.
The only nitpick I have is that there isn’t much music playing throughout the game. I heard it might be emulator related though. The game plays fine tho, just that it’s quiet most of the time.

I have a question related to the Unai PSX core. How do I set it up?

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really want to use the psx core in Retroarch, but I have the full package of Arcadepunks installed (this one).
It has a lot of custom settings and playlists, which makes it kind of hard for me to add the psx core without messing things up. I have some basic knowledge of Retroarch and know how to download cores etc., but adjusting this build is beyond my knowledge.
Did anyone do this yet?

If not, is there a possibility to install/run a different version of Retroarch on my Wii U especially for the PSX core, or will this give me problems anywhere (in the config/settings)?

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really want to use the psx core in Retroarch, but I have the full package of Arcadepunks installed (this one).
It has a lot of custom settings and playlists, which makes it kind of hard for me to add the psx core without messing things up. I have some basic knowledge of Retroarch and know how to download cores etc., but adjusting this build is beyond my knowledge.
Did anyone do this yet?

If not, is there a possibility to install/run a different version of Retroarch on my Wii U especially for the PSX core, or will this give me problems anywhere (in the config/settings)?
Do you updated retroarch (cores) ?

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Be sure you have back up retroarch n update the cores but not the playlist. CrazyMac retroarch is outdated,

Thanks, will do that! Hope it doesn't screw my retroarch set up. How can I add the psx core as a playlist to this build?
Did anyone do this before?

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nope, as it says in the retroarch build of Arcadepunks not to do that, it can mess things up 😞
It's wrong. My base is this crazy mac build.I'm with Retroarch 1.16.0, I kept 16bits systems (arcade and consoles) + GBC. Added Amiga; Scummvm; Dosbox, and just now PS1, i made my own best to have collection. I don't care about overlays. I think it's just annoying playing à game. I want the game not the console front of my eyes.

You need to backup retroarch.cfg if you want to go backwards, update to last stable Retroarch overwrite all cores with news ones and infofiles too. Let overwrite retroarch.cfg by new retroarch cores. Don't forget to adjust your path (assets, saves, states, etc). For new PS1 playlist, you have to learn how to build a playlist...

I'm with ozone interface it's much more responsive than xmb. Everything is faster with up to date RA.

Reactions: L0w

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's wrong. My base is this crazy mac build.I'm with Retroarch 1.16.0, I kept 16bits systems (arcade and consoles) + GBC. Added Amiga; Scummvm; Dosbox, and just now PS1, i made my own best to have collection. I don't care about overlays. I think it's just annoying playing à game. I want the game not the console front of my eyes.

You need to backup retroarch.cfg if you want to go backwards, update to last stable Retroarch overwrite all cores with news ones and infofiles too. Let overwrite retroarch.cfg by new retroarch cores. Don't forget to adjust your path (assets, saves, states, etc). For new PS1 playlist, you have to learn how to build a playlist...

Thank you for your answer. This sounds like a hell of a job (haha).
Will dive into it and try to adjust things. You'll never score if you don't shoot ;-)
(Or is there an easier way by sharing some configs/builds?:huh:)

BTW: Is the multitap option available in the retroarch for the psx build? I couldn't find anything regarding this option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway