Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a ps1 retroarch-wii core ? On WiiStation or wiisxr it's work though
Yeah its an unofficial Unai build, its slower than the other Wii PS1 Emulators tho and a little glitchy too, but if you only after the Wiimote shooter games it should be ok?.

If you want to mess with it I'll upload it here ;)
Extract the pcsx dol to your sd:/apps/Retroarch-wii folder and extract the info file to your sd:/apps/retroarch-wii/info folder otherwise Retroarch wont see the Core (you may need to also delete your "core_info.cache" file from the info folder too.)
Post automatically merged:

While some cores need some polishing, many others do work. An unofficial release for aroma may be a good idea.
There is a bunch of test Cores around here somewhere, But every game will take over 1 min to load each time and Core switching isn't working either. So its kinda pointless until those bugs a fixed.

Attachments

• pcsx_rearmed_unai_libretro.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • pcsx_rearmed_unai_libretro.info.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 19

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, The Aroma port is being worked on by Quarky not the Retroarch guys, the port is more or less done I think, but work has stalled due to a couple bugs and Quarky taking a break for a bit, but once Quarky gets back to it the Aroma port will be released.

Once it releases we will be able to take advantage of the Plugin/Module system Aroma uses and use whatever updates the Toolchain has gained over those 10 years :P
Thx for the explanation (and the one in your other reply). That indeed gets my hopes up a little. So time will tell. But nice to know that Quarky is still active in the Wii U scene apart from his current RL break.

Reactions: ploggy

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
For some reason I stopped getting notifications from this thread for quite some time, not sure why.

NTSC filters have always been slow in 1080p? Not talking about filters included as files but these that are options as part of cores like nestopia, snes9x and genesis plus gx. In snes9x specifically they don't quite hit full speed if the console is set to 1080p.

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’m trying to run this Amiga homebrew port of Castlevania but it stutters like crazy and runs really slow.

https://danteretrodev.itch.io/akumajou-dracula-aga

Can anybody tell me what settings work best?
I got all the bios inside the system folder and the game runs, it just lags with too much sound stuttering.

Happy Holidays everybody!
What retroarch/puae version ? I even't know of this game on AGA

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What retroarch/puae version ? I even't know of this game on AGA
I tried both PUAE and PUAE 2021 and it runs the same on both cores with the stuttering.

It is a homebrew port created from scratch and released this year, that is why you’ve never known of it. Some info: “Game doesn't fits on a single 880KB floppy and Scorpion Engine currently has no support for more than one disk and disk swapping.”

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried both PUAE and PUAE 2021 and it runs the same on both cores with the stuttering.

It is a homebrew port created from scratch and released this year, that is why you’ve never known of it. Some info: “Game doesn't fits on a single 880KB floppy and Scorpion Engine currently has no support for more than one disk and disk swapping.”
PUAE works not very well with WiiU.
You can try frameskipping 1

Reactions: Maxbeta

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested running X-Men The Arcade game for 6 players on both MAME 2003 Plus and FBA NEO cores yesterday and the results are they both clock around 20-40fps in-game. I am not the best trying to figure out emulation settings but wanted to ask if you guys have any tips to help speed things up more? I noticed that the Audio quality is hardlocked on FBA NEO core to 48000 Mhz and won’t budge so I’ll try to check and see if maybe it’s a duplicate cfg file issue later.

Also I just realized I was the last to post last year and the first to post this year lol So sorry for the double post!

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tested running X-Men The Arcade game for 6 players on both MAME 2003 Plus and FBA NEO cores yesterday and the results are they both clock around 20-40fps in-game. I am not the best trying to figure out emulation settings but wanted to ask if you guys have any tips to help speed things up more? I noticed that the Audio quality is hardlocked on FBA NEO core to 48000 Mhz and won’t budge so I’ll try to check and see if maybe it’s a duplicate cfg file issue later.

Also I just realized I was the last to post last year and the first to post this year lol So sorry for the double post!
use a frame skip to "1" on mame 2003 plus and save this config for game in "core options"

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I had good performance with these settings on the FBA NEO Core, sucks it has to use frame skip but its the best we can expect right now :/
Use the same settings as in this vid and set FF hold hotkey to a bind on the gamepad. :) that will get you just above 60fps.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had good performance with these settings on the FBA NEO Core, sucks it has to use frame skip but its the best we can expect right now :/
Use the same settings as in this vid and set FF hold hotkey to a bind on the gamepad. :) that will get you just above 60fps.

Thank you Ploggy! This really helps! Now the game can be played with the sacrifice of a few frames but mostly fast flickering stuff like Storm’s tornado and Colossus’s mutant blast. No biggie.

Reactions: ploggy

MadMonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Posting to report issues with Alundra running on WiiU Retroarch PCSX_Rearmed and hopefully get some help. This occurred while running the NTSC 1.1 version as well as the NTSC 1.0 and 1.1 versions with the Enemy Stat Restoration patch.

I can save the game as normal, but when restarting and attempting to continue from my save file I get text that reads "There is a problem with the book. Returning to the title screen..." Despite not loading I have confirmed the save file exists since I restarted and reached the first save point, where my original save file was still shown. In summary, the game saves my file as intended, but when it comes time to load it throws up what I am assuming is an error screen.

I then tried to work around this issue with Retroarch's save states and I thought it worked, but come reloading my save state Retroarch crashed and I had to restart my WiiU, so that's also out of the question.

If there's any documented history of this problem or any solution, I would greatly appreciate some assistance. If not, then consider this a bug report for Alundra NTSC versions 1.0 and 1.1

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Posting to report issues with Alundra running on WiiU Retroarch PCSX_Rearmed and hopefully get some help. This occurred while running the NTSC 1.1 version as well as the NTSC 1.0 and 1.1 versions with the Enemy Stat Restoration patch.

I can save the game as normal, but when restarting and attempting to continue from my save file I get text that reads "There is a problem with the book. Returning to the title screen..." Despite not loading I have confirmed the save file exists since I restarted and reached the first save point, where my original save file was still shown. In summary, the game saves my file as intended, but when it comes time to load it throws up what I am assuming is an error screen.

I then tried to work around this issue with Retroarch's save states and I thought it worked, but come reloading my save state Retroarch crashed and I had to restart my WiiU, so that's also out of the question.

If there's any documented history of this problem or any solution, I would greatly appreciate some assistance. If not, then consider this a bug report for Alundra NTSC versions 1.0 and 1.1
Try loading the game, switching to interpreter in the Core options, restart the game then do the save load steps again and see if it's still messed up, if it works in interpreter mode then it would suggest a Lightrec issue, you can report that here:
https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/issues :)

MadMonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try loading the game, switching to interpreter in the Core options, restart the game then do the save load steps again and see if it's still messed up, if it works in interpreter mode then it would suggest a Lightrec issue, you can report that here:
https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/issues :)
Hi ploggy. Sorry, I don't know what interpreter is in the Core options and cannot seem to find it. I have two options called Exception and Breakpoint Emulation and Disable CPU/GTE Stalls that are labeled "Interpreter only" but I don't know where I would find "Interpreter" in the Core options.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ploggy. Sorry, I don't know what interpreter is in the Core options and cannot seem to find it. I have two options called Exception and Breakpoint Emulation and Disable CPU/GTE Stalls that are labeled "Interpreter only" but I don't know where I would find "Interpreter" in the Core options.
Ahh my bad it was renamed in the later versions of the Core :P
It's in the Core Options under System. Switch Dynamic Recompiler to off, that will enable the interpreter ;)

@MadMonster are you sure your using the latest Pcsx Core from the Online updater? I just tried Alundra (USA) here and both Saving/Loading and State Saving/loading works fine.

Last edited by ploggy,

MadMonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh my bad it was renamed in the later versions of the Core :P
It's in the Core Options under System. Switch Dynamic Recompiler to off, that will enable the interpreter ;)

@MadMonster are you sure your using the latest Pcsx Core from the Online updater? I just tried Alundra (USA) here and both Saving/Loading and State Saving/loading works fine.
After reading this post I connected my WiiU to the internet and ran the online updater, but no dice so I downloaded directly from github. So far I can save state with no issue, but loading a save is still giving me the same screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo