Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

BQuail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets say I have user 1 set to classic controller, user 2 on wii u gamepad. If I start retroarch and classic controller is absent, is there any way that user 2 can act as user 1, and when running games be player 1. Sorry if this has already been asked.

Reactions: JacobM

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For vice64, is there a .d64 no-intro romset out there, since what I have for a no-intro is .crt? I really want to get Commodore 64 going by tonight. :-)

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For vice64, is there a .d64 no-intro romset out there, since what I have for a no-intro is .crt? I really want to get Commodore 64 going by tonight. :-)

Hello!

Just search for Commodore d64 files/ROMs. That's the way I found'em. I'm not really sure where I've downloaded them, it was a while ago. But luckily, there is a bunch of sites that you can download d64 files from.

Best regards,
Davor

Reactions: infidelity

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is there any easy way to "remap" controllers? Wii U gamepad seems to just automatically map into Port 0 and anything else comes after it; But I'd love to use RetroArch with classic controller etc. - Is there some easy button combination or something for this?

Lets say I have user 1 set to classic controller, user 2 on wii u gamepad. If I start retroarch and classic controller is absent, is there any way that user 2 can act as user 1, and when running games be player 1. Sorry if this has already been asked.
I still don't get how exactly it works, users 1-4 work for actual players, slots 5-16 were used for HID controllers (but they are disabled atm). I have a work around in order to not loose controller connection, and it's enable at least 8 slots so new detected controllers are also temporally saved in slots 5-16, for example you connect a WUPC and it's assigned to slot 2 AND also slot 6, so if you disable slot 2 by mistake it fallsback to slot 6 and you don't loose connection.

If you want to use a controller other than GamePad for player 1 you need to manually set it under Settings > Input > User 1 > Device Index = WiiU Pro Controller
But there's a bug in there where you can't swap controllers between loading contents of the same core lol

BQuail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't get how exactly it works, users 1-4 work for actual players, slots 5-16 were used for HID controllers (but they are disabled atm). I have a work around in order to not loose controller connection, and it's enable at least 8 slots so new detected controllers are also temporally saved in slots 5-16, for example you connect a WUPC and it's assigned to slot 2 AND also slot 6, so if you disable slot 2 by mistake it fallsback to slot 6 and you don't loose connection.

If you want to use a controller other than GamePad for player 1 you need to manually set it under Settings > Input > User 1 > Device Index = WiiU Pro Controller
But there's a bug in there where you can't swap controllers between loading contents of the same core lol

Basically, I want player 1 to be classic controller IF it’s present. If it’s NOT, I want player 1 to be the wiiu gamepad. I want to be able to do this without manually changing it every time. Is this possible to accomplish? I thought I could accomplish it with the autoconfig input feature, but everytime i try to use an autonconfig file, everything freezes up.

Also, what exactly is the state of the PSX core? Is it comparable to wiisxr in terms of compatibility?

Last edited by BQuail,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I seem to be experiencing a weird issue with the latest Jan 30th nightlies.

Each core boots up normally and all.
However, when I open up any game (and this happens with several cores like FCEUMM, Snes9x, mGBA, Genesis Plus GX), RetroArch itself seems to stutter like every second that passes for like half to one minute.

And I can tell it is RetroArch as a whole and not the core or the game, because even when going back into the RetroArch menu, the stutter is STILL there.
I can even see the Ribbon animation stuttering each second that passes.
It's not the game, because they are not heavy games at all (even with FCEUMM), and it's not the core, since I experience this with several cores as well.

Anyone else experiencing this?
It's like whenever I open any ROM at all I get that stutter in general, and it carries on for like 30 secs straight on even slightly or more.
This also happens if I load another game using the same core, each time.

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I want player 1 to be classic controller IF it’s present. If it’s NOT, I want player 1 to be the wiiu gamepad. I want to be able to do this without manually changing it every time. Is this possible to accomplish

That's exactly what I was thinking a few weeks ago. A (customizable) priority list just like the one implemented in Nintendont would be awesome!

@cucholix's idea is a good interim solution to prevent accidentally disabling controls. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by JacobM,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

However, when I open up any game (and this happens with several cores like FCEUMM, Snes9x, mGBA, Genesis Plus GX), RetroArch itself seems to stutter like every second that passes for like half to one minute.

And I can tell it is RetroArch as a whole and not the core or the game, because even when going back into the RetroArch menu, the stutter is STILL there.
It's not the game, because they are not heavy games at all (even with FCEUMM), and it's not the core, since I experience this with several cores as well.

It's like whenever I open any ROM at all I get that stutter in general, and it carries on for like 30 secs straight on even slightly or more.

Maybe we should tag the devs? That sounds really really unusual, and the Wii U is certainly not too weak, huh. @Radius4 Any insight?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe we should tag the devs? That sounds really really unusual, and the Wii U is certainly not too weak, huh. @Radius4 Any insight?
What's weird is that it only happens after booting up a game for like 30 or so seconds, and then it continues like normal.
Even the RA menu stutters. It happens like every second that passes, feels like if you are lagging really bad.

Don't know if the Cafe OS Clock might have something to do with it, perhaps @QuarkTheAwesome could tell if it's related or not.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's weird is that it only happens after booting up a game for like 30 or so seconds, and then it continues like normal.
Even the RA menu stutters. It happens like every second that passes, feels like if you are lagging really bad.

Don't know if the Cafe OS Clock might have something to do with it, perhaps @QuarkTheAwesome could tell if it's related or not.

Either way, it needs to be brought up ASAP.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't tried myself but RTC should work with Pokemon games now too :)
Thank You @QuarkTheAwesome
@ploggy have you experienced this issue with today's nightly?
I want to be sure it isn't just me who has it.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dafuq?
I stopped getting notifications from this thread, I missed 3 pages of comments O.o
Happened quite often to me as well lately.

Okay so where does the Game Box Arts/Screenshots png files go?

Since i have Mac not Wondows cant use Playlist Buddy so downloading the images from the website just wondering what folder in sd:/retroarch/ to put them in.

Downloading them from http://thumbnailpacks.libretro.com/
Put them anywhere in a "thumbnails" folder (like SD:\retroarch\cores\thumbnails) and be sure to point to it in the directory settings of RetroArch.
Inside that thumbnails you would have to create folders (if you don't already get them by unzipping) that are named exactly like your playlists and the games.

Example:
Code:
thumbnails\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Named_Boxarts\Super Probotector (USA).png
thumbnails\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Named_Snaps\Super Probotector (USA).png
thumbnails\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Named_Titles\Super Probotector (USA).png

You can only activate one of the three thumbnails to be shown while browsing your playlists (boxarts, screenshots or title screens). So activate under settings -> appearance what you want.

Just one note: Activating thumbnails makes playlist scrolling very slow on the Wii U unfortunately. Keep that in mind.

Reactions: skarmachild

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wouldn't know, I don't use RA WiiU but until we get more confirmation there is nothing we can do
Yeah that's why I was asking if someone else has been experiencing the same issue as well, to narrow down if it was something on my part or not.
@TLPD-AVW did you have the same issue as me when trying out the nightly?
Just tested the latest nightlies - main menu indeed displays the proper time and a date. I played Picture Puzzle for Neo Geo Pocket Color, and it successfully recognized the date in game as January 30!
Also, @ploggy or @cucholix , if you guys have the change, could you give the latest nightlies a try?
I want to see if it's just me having that issue or if it's something in general with the current nightlies.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that's why I was asking if someone else has been experiencing the same issue as well, to narrow down if it was something on my part or not.

Also, @ploggy or @cucholix , if you guys have the change, could you give the latest nightlies a try?
I want to see if it's just me having that issue or if it's something in general with the current nightlies.
I haven't experienced it myself.. Any games where the problems really noticeable?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't experienced it myself.. Any games where the problems really noticeable?
Well I downloaded the Jan 30th nightlies.
I am using an app-per-core, not the main RetroArch one.

I booted up FCEUMM, and played Donkey Kong, Castlevania, Castlevania III, and all three of them had the same issue where they stutter within the first 30 sec - 1 min. The same happens in the RA menu as well when I press home, the Ribbon animation stutters too, and if I try to change move around options they freeze/lag every second or so.

So I went ahead and opened up Snes9x, opened up Donkey Kong Country, and had the same result.
Went to try mGBA and booted up Super Mario Land 2, Aria of Sorrow and Golden Sun 2, same thing with all 3.

I loaded up TyrQuake and Gen Plus GX as well, but I didn't seem to have issues with those two.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

I'm on 31-01-18, everything is normal here O.o
What do you mean with app-per core? random core renamed as main retroarch.rpx?

Last edited by cucholix,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm on 31-01-18, everything is normal here O.o
Mmmmm weird.
Perhaps because I didn't clean the main retroarch.cfg.
I will try again to redownload all my cores and test them out again with a clean cfg, will post my results once I get home to test them.

Test for the feedback @ploggy and @cucholix, buddies :D

Reactions: cucholix

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I downloaded the Jan 30th nightlies.
I am using an app-per-core, not the main RetroArch one.

I booted up FCEUMM, and played Donkey Kong, Castlevania, Castlevania III, and all three of them had the same issue where they stutter within the first 30 sec - 1 min. The same happens in the RA menu as well when I press home, the Ribbon animation stutters too, and if I try to change move around options they freeze/lag every second or so.

So I went ahead and opened up Snes9x, opened up Donkey Kong Country, and had the same result.
Went to try mGBA and booted up Super Mario Land 2, Aria of Sorrow and Golden Sun 2, same thing with all 3.

I loaded up TyrQuake and Gen Plus GX as well, but I didn't seem to have issues with those two.
I'm not getting any slowdown, I tried those games specifically too. Do you have any Shaders enabled? Rewind Enabled?
I'm on the latest nightly with Scanline Overaly enabled. I have noticed that pressing the Home button now resumes gameplay again :P the was a while where I had to manually select "Resume" to get back into gameplay ;) and the of course the Clock working :)

The only thing I can suggest is try the latest nightly and delete all configs just incase its messing something up?

Reactions: cucholix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I mean cockball.