• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

roeVwade:Same-sex couples updating legal status after Supreme Court’s decision on abortion (Jay Reeves) [+CNN clip]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm probably the only woman he's spoken to in like four years, and that's horrifying.
Looks like I am gonna stay a femboy, I am sorry you have have to keep the burden of being the only woman he’s spoken to

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's me and you then haha
Really, I still can't understand by what right men must necessarily control a woman's body.
I think it's some cultural thing, if women aren't second to right wing men then said men will get extremely insecure. Historically speaking it seems like fascism has to have someone to oppress or else they'll think too hard about how bad the system is.

Reactions: MartyDreamy

MartyDreamy

Would you do anything for me?
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think it's some cultural thing, if women aren't second to right wing men then said men will get extremely insecure. Historically speaking it seems like fascism has to have someone to oppress or else they'll think too hard about how bad the system is.
Hell yea, you're 100% right about fascism. Bad thing is that here in Italy a lot of people still think that Fascism was a good thing. Jesus Christ.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
From the article:

"Currently, even the states with the most stringent bans on abortion do allow exceptions when the health of a mother is at risk, though the threat of prosecution has created confusion for some doctors."

"The department says its guidance doesn't reflect new policy, but merely reminds doctors and providers of their existing obligations under federal law."

“The Biden Administration’s statement of existing law today is about nothing more than maintaining the false narrative that women’s lives are in danger in order to appease his base.”

Who are you expecting to push back and why? The interpretations I see are either political grand-standing or clarification about the law. Neither of those are really a challenge or an encroachment. From where I am sitting, the argument about abortion isn't about women's lives vs children's lives. It was about women's "rights" vs children's lives.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. No, it's been backed with science. Would you like some references?

2. And the fact that you think abortions should be banned is also a belief system. Are your hands dirty, carrying the pot from which you call the kettle black?

Are you crying?
Abortion kills a life every single time. That's not a belief system, that is science. The party of science who can't define a woman, doesn't understand DNA and biology. Color me shocked.

Just pointing out you hypocrisy. Isn't that what you like to try to point out in my comments and fail every time?

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Abortion kills a life every single time. That's not a belief system, that is science. The party of science who can't define a woman, doesn't understand DNA and biology. Color me shocked.

Just pointing out you hypocrisy. Isn't that what you like to try to point out in my comments and fail every time?
Lmfao, does contraception kill a life too? What about nocturnal emissions? When's that gonna get called "murder?" Abortion isn't murder since it's not being done to something sentient.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmfao, does contraception kill a life too? What about nocturnal emissions? When's that gonna get called "murder?" Abortion isn't murder since it's not being done to something sentient.
You people must have failed science in school. A sperm and an egg on their own is only half of the needed DNA to create a person. I really wish you people would read more so you don't look as stupid when you are commenting on here. Smh

https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/conception-how-it-works

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Abortion kills a life every single time.
Asserting your bodily autonomy and denying someone your kidney kills a life every single time. That doesn't mean it's murder.

The party of science who can't define a woman,
We can define a woman. It's just that conservatives incorrectly and dangerously deny that some women (trans women) exist.

doesn't understand DNA and biology.
The conservatives are the ones who deny the basic foundations of biology, geology, cosmology, etc.

Reactions: The Catboy

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You people must have failed science in school. A sperm and an egg on their own is only half of the needed DNA to create a person. I really wish you people would read more so you don't look as stupid when you are commenting on here. Smh

https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/conception-how-it-works
See but the problem is you aren't consistent. The government cannot force you to give blood. They cannot force you to give organs. They cannot forcibly violate your bodily autonomy for ANYTHING...Except pregnancy. With anti-abortion rulings, the Government can now force you against your will to carry a fetus to full term against your will.

So either, you support the idea of forcing people to give blood and organs against their will, or you're against abortion. I advise you to be careful on biting the bullet and saying yes. You never know how far that'll go. Who knows! Maybe forced medical testing on you, without your consent. Or even...Spooky vaccine mandates!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo