Hacking [Rumor]Waninkoko to release CFW for PS3

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
EOL, and other spanish webs. It’s a CFW, Multiman works perfectly(or so it says waninkoko). He will release it tomorrow, at 12:00 (GMT+1), because he has to do certain things first.

Stay tuned on his twitter:

Waninkoko (hackinblack) on Twitter

Note:

Waninkoko’s CFW doesn’t use Flukes’ tools.

Xtreme wrote:
The CFW will be available after 12pm. tomorrow (spain time)

Im deeply sorry for everyone who wanted the CFW right now. Its no that the CFW its not working, actually it works pretty good, its more of a logistic problem, we thought launching it tomorrow so the release includes a proper readme.txt and a XML of FW License like its supposed to be, and as a matter of fact some of us got to work, and others have school. I know a lot of you will not understand but it is like that and Im sorry for everyone that could feel bad about this news and about the circumstance but thats the path we’ve taken.

So anyone who need to take a break do it now because tomorrow the Waninkoko CFW will be released. (12:00pm Spain Time, aprox. 5:00am. GMT-6)[/p]

Source PSXscene
Original source TeknoConsolas

Edited because of confusion on my part.

xraven13

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
On his Twitter :

Yay! It's coming!
1 minute ago via web

So its seems its true ! I am so excited even I am not sure why XD ... Will this enable running Backup Managers easiely , and from start , or some modifications to those programs are needed?

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yeah, me too feel sorry for them... but what not, IT'S COMING on his twitter makes me

want to cum. OMG Wanin... 'do' us...
tongue.gif

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
You know the scene you're releasing to is a bunch of whiny fucking bitches when you have to remind them that something may be a day late because people have lives.

I feel sorry for these devs, and I don't blame the ones that release tools anonymously.

People should look at it like they are in a drive-thru line at Burger King and they can talk all the shit they wanna talk but the people at Burger King have the food they are gonna eat and can always get the last laugh. They might feel big cause they talked shit to the people at Burger King, but the they might just be eating a cheese burger with spit on it. Those Devs can release a CFW that would brick the PS3 and by the time people figure it out its to late. I am not saying Waninkoko or any other developer would do something like that but you never know they might just get tired of little brats some day

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Good stuff! I'm just waiting patiently for the multiman devs to release a version that works on this cfw.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's out!

QUOTE said:
+---------------------------+
| PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 |
| developed by Waninkoko |
| www.teknoconsolas.es |

>> DESCRIPTION:

This Custom Firmware for the PS3 increases the system features of your console to
allow the installation and execution of homebrew applications.
This Custom Firmware could allow too the loading of legal copies (backups) using
these new included features.

We don't support and condone the usage of illegal copies.
We are not responsible for any damage for the usage of this Custom Firmware.

>> INSTALLATION:

1. Download PS3 Firmware 3.55 (PS3UPDAT.PUP file).
2. Patch PS3UPDAT.PUP file with the patch included in this package using the "bsdiff" tool (http://www.daemonology.net/bsdiff).
3. Install the patched PUP file like a normal firmware update.
(in case you're already in 3.55 you need to install it in recovery mode).

>> KUDOS:

- Team fail0verflow
- KaKaRoTo
- flukes1
- Hermes
- jgade

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
Woohoo!

And my bro has been asking me this nagging question over and over again, is there a backup loader for PS3?

Apologies if this has been asked, but my bro will no shut up until I ask.
Yes, there have been several for months. They currently come in two varieties - ones for jailbreaking, and ones for CFW.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
Woohoo!

And my bro has been asking me this nagging question over and over again, is there a backup loader for PS3?

Apologies if this has been asked, but my bro will no shut up until I ask.

Not for this CFW... Yet. Expect a backup loader to be released sooner rather than later though with good compatability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!