Scene dev Zecoxao teases new $3 modchip for the OLED Nintendo Switch, involves a Raspberry Pi

asddasdsa.png

Scene developer Zecoxao might be known for their contributions to the PlayStation hacking world, but this time around, they've got something major for the Nintendo scene. The longtime scener teased the existence of what they claim to be a $3 modchip for the Nintendo Switch, and which is said to work with Mariko and OLED systems, though not patched Erista consoles. A teaser video was also uploaded, where the modchip itself was revealed to be a Raspberry Pi--specifically, a RP2040 Zero unit, soldered into the Switch board, demonstrating Hekate launching on an OLED unit.

Given the tease of "coming soon", we can expect to see more details about the exploit eventually.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602079473628856320

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602199810358083587

SUPERBANEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nope, he said fuck it afterwards people not being understanding. If he sold it, he havent told me so and I highly doubt it.
By "understanding" you mean that we didn't have the patience to wait and so we rushed him or something else?

The guy also said that the Chinese market is starting to produce his rp2040 modchip, could this be true instead?

Last edited by SUPERBANEN,

Mansi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
By "understanding" you mean that we didn't have the patience to wait and so we rushed him or something else?

The guy also said that the Chinese market is starting to produce his rp2040 modchip, could this be true instead?

Maybe, it all depends on the Chinese themselves and Nintendo.

saladus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

rp2040 boards are plenty, it all depends if they have the software on them

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Nope, he said fuck it afterwards people not being understanding.
There is one flaw in this sentence. It does not say "what exactly" we did not understand here.
Apparently we have to figure it out for ourselves.

So let me do some insinuations:
- Option. We didn't understand that we have to pretend that nothing happened after learning about the 'leak' (?) of the working concept is quite in demand... let's call it 'thingy'.
Generally, decent people declare it right away. There are plenty of opportunities for this without even revealing themselves (for example via sending a message to some other decent online figure for "official press-release" through any of instant messengers with digital signatures and other online-safety crap or whatever). What information do we get instead? - Nothing. So, in this case, blaming us for something is a bit indecent at least. In addition, it was not us, who so successfully picked up "beta testers".
- Option. We didn't realize it was PoC or early WiP or whatever.
Generally, decent people declare it right away. Especially after the leak, which seems to have served as the starting point for the current ice circus (with horses).
There are plenty of opportunities for this without even revealing themselves (check Option #1). What information do we get instead? - Nothing. So, in this case, blaming us for something is a bit indecent at least.

What do we have in the end? Conscious indulgence (by omission) for further inflating of unhealthy rumors mill.
Score 0:2 (or even 0:3).

What else could it be? ( I don't know, but I suspect it was, too: ) rays of diarrhea and streams of shit from twitter, facebook, reddit and other social cancers?
There's one simple thing to understand about this. Reading anything in there is like going for a swim in a sewage collector on a hot summer day and then complaining that it smelled bad.

And the possible sale of the project to the Chinese is even a good thing.
Just imagine how many tons of prevarication guano would be produced by:
- those who don't know how to solder, but they tried and ruined their consoles,
- those who can't read and couldn't flash the firmware into the 'thingy',
- those who can't think and couldn't get desired results in the end,
- all those who remain (but for any other random reason).
"Whose fault is it? Of course the one who wrote the code!"
And all these tons will again fall on the author from all sorts of crevices of online cancer hotbeds. Again.

The moral of all this crap? Everything ( yep, literally everything ) has to be handled responsibly. Especially in our fancy ultra-modern times.
Otherwise the result will be the same as usual. I.e. nothing.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You cant blame GBATemp users for talking about extremely good news, that was sitting on the internet, or fucking tweeted out...
Of course not, I just wish people didn't demand so much and not wait for it. Twitter was seriously whiners (then again it's Twitter?)
It's sadly not the first time someone said "fuck it" because people demand and whine.

EDIT: Let's now wait for the Chinese people that apparently have made their own rp2040s.

saladus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Of course not, I just wish people didn't demand so much and not wait for it. Twitter was seriously whiners (then again it's Twitter?)
It's sadly not the first time someone said "fuck it" because people demand and whine.

EDIT: Let's now wait for the Chinese people that apparently have made their own rp2040s.
I'm sorry but i don't think I've seen anyone demanding anything. only demands I've seen were people asking if the project was still a thing or not. i don't think that's such a big deal.

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
^ reason why scene people hate GBAtemp leechers.
Is this that case when there is a desire to object, but have nothing to say? Quite understandable.
But it doesn't make sense anymore. It's in the dustbin of history already (before it's even begun).

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

you are right: the big problem are these people who demands all the time and give no value nor help.

Jefix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
If this is true, it sucks. I don't think the price will be much lower than existing solutions. But perhaps it is possible to read the program from the chip?

RexSonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
:blink: What a bummer.
Even if the chips make it into the market I highly doubt they will be any cheaper than the current solutions since there would basically be no competition and there is also the possibility of the same people who make those hwfly chips having bought the firmware

• Wow
Reactions: binkinator

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
:blink: What a bummer.
Even if the chips make it into the market I highly doubt they will be any cheaper than the current solutions since there would basically be no competition and there is also the possibility of the same people who make those hwfly chips having bought the firmware

Ya know the firmware on those chips can be dumped right? So once it's public its done

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo