Scene dev Zecoxao teases new $3 modchip for the OLED Nintendo Switch, involves a Raspberry Pi

asddasdsa.png

Scene developer Zecoxao might be known for their contributions to the PlayStation hacking world, but this time around, they've got something major for the Nintendo scene. The longtime scener teased the existence of what they claim to be a $3 modchip for the Nintendo Switch, and which is said to work with Mariko and OLED systems, though not patched Erista consoles. A teaser video was also uploaded, where the modchip itself was revealed to be a Raspberry Pi--specifically, a RP2040 Zero unit, soldered into the Switch board, demonstrating Hekate launching on an OLED unit.

Given the tease of "coming soon", we can expect to see more details about the exploit eventually.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602079473628856320

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602199810358083587

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don’t know if anyone has noticed but the original tweet announcing this has been deleted. I am start to get more skeptical of this ever being released.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t know if anyone has noticed but the original tweet announcing this has been deleted. I am start to get more skeptical of this ever being released.
He might have got some backlash from the community for not releasing it.

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I’m hearing there are bugs in the code bricking systems .. let’s hope it can be released soon with no bugs and the rightful owner can get all the awesomeness he or she deserves
Aside from the tweet I haven't seen anyone else mention any bugs or bricking. But the first thing anyone should be doing is making a full backup

CAPSBOY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Aside from the tweet I haven't seen anyone else mention any bugs or bricking. But the first thing anyone should be doing is making a full backup
Yeah I have only heard it on another part of this website .. I would say it’s not stable enough.. I really want to mod my oled but might do this to my switch lite I’m repairing

saladus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Reactions: impeeza

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I asked a dumb question. Does it still need the D0 point.
A) I have not researched the D0 point apart from a couple you tubes
B) It probably does. A 2040 doesn't magically alter the exploit or find other attach points.

Last edited by keine,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol