Sea of Thieves becomes Microsoft's "fastest-selling" IP of the generation

Skeleton-Fort_1-hero.png

Rare's latest game appears to be a massive success, according to Microsoft, as Sea of Thieves has become the company's fastest selling new IP of the Xbox One generation, and the #1 first party game on Windows 10. The game managed to get over one million players on the day it launched, which actually caused huge server issues for many players, but once resolved, the game shot up to two million players by the end of the week. This game marked the first instance of a Microsoft game being playable on launch through the Game Pass service, where players can rent a library of games for $10 a month. Sea of Thieves also managed to top the sales charts for the UK on the week it released, outselling games like Ni No Kuni 2 and A Way Out.

:arrow: Source

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Yeah, from what I heard it's basically No Man's Sea. An incomplete product.
I watched the Angry Joe review and he said its empty. Theres no progression. You don't get bonuses for winning. Theres not much penalties. The customization is not good. Its lacking content. And the game is really boring. And people in the comments seem to be in agreement.

Last edited by SG854,
D

Deleted-355425

Yeah I wouldn’t listen to some moron on YouTube to be honest. The sales figures don’t lie.

Reactions: netovsk

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Yeah I wouldn’t listen to some moron on YouTube to be honest. The sales figures don’t lie.
Some people do act like morons which is why i'm not paying attention to only his comments. Many people seem to say the same thing. And remember people buy the first week without knowing much about the game since it hasn't been out long enough. And usually bought on hype and not a reflection on whether the game is good or not. The only thing people have before release dates are reviews to go by until it gets released to the public. The concept seems cool but execution is not good from what I heard.

I'm waiting to see if patches can improve the game and wait to hear more opinions on this game.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: death360 and migles

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sales figures don't attest to the quality of the game. PUBG broke records and it was a broken, steaming pile of shit.

Sea of Thieves is straight up terrible. There's more progression and rewarding gameplay in Dark Souls... Let's be honest here..

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Sales figures don't attest to the quality of the game. PUBG broke records and it was a broken, steaming pile of shit.

Sea of Thieves is straight up terrible. There's more progression and rewarding gameplay in Dark Souls... Let's be honest here..
Im watching IGN's review and there are people criticizing IGN for not giving it a lower score. They gave the game a 6. Its seems both reviewers and users don't like this game. I know people criticize professional reviewers for being paid. And there are people that criticize user reviews because of immature reviews. But when you have both in agreement then something is up.

Last edited by SG854,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Im watching IGN's review and there are people criticizing IGN for not giving it a lower score. They gave the game a 6. Its seems both reviewers and users don't like this game. I know people criticize professional reviewers for being paid. And there are people that criticize user reviews because of immature reviews. But when you have both in agreement then something is up.
There will be diehards that defend bad games to the bitter end. It's actually why Call of Duty is still alive...

Reactions: vpd

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
There will be diehards that defend bad games to the bitter end. It's actually why Call of Duty is still alive...
Chary's OP seems to have more content than this game apparently.
A few "I like this game" but lots of "this games is boring not worth $60."

Maybe Call of Duty sells because it taps into human psychology? The simplicity and familiarity is why people buy?
People are attracted to repetition and patterns. Example Music. And Call of Duty gives that while being accessible and simple.
Changing just enough to be a little different each game, while still maintaining lots of familiarity and giving a sense of progression.
They have that formula down on lock. Probably why people buy every year.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: Nightwish

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you only refer to infinite warfare, modern warfare 3, ghosts and probably advanced warfare, then we can agree on that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Uh oh. Guys, don't let xbox start feeling themself. We need to get rare back into nintend's hands. :ninja:
Microsoft's rare isnt the old rare anymore. Remember that the original staff quited rare and some went to retro studio and the others founded playtonic.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,
Reactions: Deleted User

tomhanks69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Then again, Dark Souls trumps most games, tbh

Reactions: Kioku and Lumince

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol