ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you have luma, it automatically patches so that the home menu is region free..
what region version of the game are you playing?
Oh, so I guess that i'll need to uninstall the region free home menu.

I'm playing a NTSC-U copy of Smash on a PAL console.

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can try it.. If that doesn't work, idk what could be the problem.
So, it looks like I'll need to mess with NANDs backups, and I don't currently have the time to.
I'll try to reinstall an old backup to see what can I do later. (or maybe completely wipe out the emuNAND and do a fresh install, if it's possible)

Last edited by krz0001,
Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it looks like I'll need to mess with NANDs backups, and I don't currently have the time to.
I'll try to reinstall an old backup to see what can I do later. (or maybe completely wipe out the emuNAND and do a fresh install, if it's possible)
dont forget to backup first, jsut incase it's not the answer ;)

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Tagging @Mr.ButtButt just in case.

Smash-Selector loads the copy of smash that corresponds to your consoles region. You should only need to have 1 smash3ds cia installed but if you have 2, your region one will be loaded.
To check if this is the case, open smash-selector and choose what mods you want along with saltySD selected instead of default smash. Then return to the home menu and if luma(latest hourly) is setup correctly saltySD will load on the game you choose.

Say you're on a EUR console, trying to load a USA smash bros. In Luma/code-sections you need the USA code.bin.

(I was just reading about you're on a PAL console loading NTSC-U game and I just thought)

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Yudowat can you try a pack of files try like around 50-70 MB and replace most of the css character icons to make around 50 MB
and try adding a new csp for a new costume slot I would like to see if this is only me who has a problem like this

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Yudowat can you try a pack of files try like around 50-70 MB and replace most of the css character icons to make around 50 MB
and try adding a new csp for a new costume slot I would like to see if this is only me who has a problem like this
>50-70 MB
Ill try my best here
>replace most of the css character icons
like the ones you put your Player token on? (top screen?) I have all of those replaced.
>try adding a new csp for a new costume slot
I have got csps (bottom screen?) for a fair few of my new costume slots for luigi. (in slots 8, 9, 10, 11, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 90, 99, 255)
PK Thunder, PK Fire and Fair. And Lucas's specials are accessible by Ness via customs. So yes, Semi-Clones

Not to also mention their side smashes . Lucas's is just faster and uses a stick
>Fair
I wouldnt say their fairs are similar like their Up, Side, and Down Specials (arguably Neutral special too)

Last edited by Yudowat,

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
>50-70 MB
Ill try my best here
>replace most of the css character icons
like the ones you put your Player token on? (top screen?) I have all of those replaced.
>try adding a new csp for a new costume slot
I have got csps (bottom screen?) for a fair few of my new costume slots for luigi. (in slots 8, 9, 10, 11, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 90, 99, 255)
>Fair
I wouldnt say their fairs are similar like their Up, Side, and Down Specials (arguably Neutral special too)
They are both headbutts. Lucas's just has less range and power

soulphraser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncensored Female Corrin
HNI_0044.jpg

HNI_0043.jpg

5769bec4a3dc7.jpg

(First texture hack)

Attachments

• uncen kamui.zip
    252.2 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: gryz and Manito

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone post their data folder from the 1.1.6 update? I'm on python 2.7, and I used this command: dtls.py dt ls outdir/
It keeps saying "assertion error" and creating and empty outdir folder. If someone can help me or just post the update data folder, that'd be awesome. I have the data for non-DLC stuff, but I want to texture hack the DLC stuff, too.

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can someone post their data folder from the 1.1.6 update? I'm on python 2.7, and I used this command: dtls.py dt ls outdir/
It keeps saying "assertion error" and creating and empty outdir folder. If someone can help me or just post the update data folder, that'd be awesome. I have the data for non-DLC stuff, but I want to texture hack the DLC stuff, too.
Unfortunately, we cen't post it here because it's technically illegal iirc. Try using dtls.exe instead

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, made this recolor based of Project M's Purple Marth, with more white accents to "pop" more with the purple. Comes with all CSPs.

HNI_0024.JPG

HNI_0025.JPG

HNI_0026.JPG

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Yudowat I tried, but it crashes and only gives me the bgm. Could you email me the update data folder or post it to that iso site?

If you can email it to me, my email is [email protected]

Attachments

• Project M- Inspired Purple Marth.zip
    179.8 KB · Views: 864
Reactions: Manito

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Also, made this recolor based of Project M's Purple Marth, with more white accents to "pop" more with the purple. Comes with all CSPs.

View attachment 53791

View attachment 53792

View attachment 53793

@Yudowat I tried, but it crashes and only gives me the bgm. Could you email me the update data folder or post it to that iso site?

If you can email it to me, my email is [email protected]
You see, i definitely would. But my internet is so motherfucking slow and data is so little, I could run from Australia to the USA and give you a USB stick with the files on it and it would be faster than uploading it.

That marth mod is cool as btw my dude

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha! Thanks man. Can you still email it to me anyway though? I really don't care when I get it, as long as I get it. I want to make textures for DLC characters too! If you could, even though your internet is bad, I'd very much appreciate it. I plan on making more textures, and when I can get Animcmd working right, I plan to make a full competitive hack pack, with custom textures, sound effects, voices, movesets, and more!

@Yudowat If you don't email me the data folder, I completely understand though. :D It's up to you.

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Haha! Thanks man. Can you still email it to me anyway though? I really don't care when I get it, as long as I get it. I want to make textures for DLC characters too! If you could, even though your internet is bad, I'd very much appreciate it. I plan on making more textures, and when I can get Animcmd working right, I plan to make a full competitive hack pack, with custom textures, sound effects, voices, movesets, and more!

@Yudowat If you don't email me the data folder, I completely understand though. :D It's up to you.
Thanks for being so understanding. I'm not legally allowed to send it to you, sorry man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.