• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

So about Dark Brandon's speech last night...

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn man, what a fuckin speech am I right? He finally comes out and just fucking says what we've all been seeing, that Trump and his cult are creative a divisive rift in America in such a way that they outright are trying to subvert and destroy democracy just to get their way. Anytime they lose an election for example they'll call it rigged. Hell, even just last night, after Alaska added ranked choice rating, some Republican grifter lost a seat and now the right is trying to burn ranked choice voting and anti-democratic.

Finally, Biden is based.

least intelligent post in the thread

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
No ones questioning the very odd lighting choice?

fQVJFXv8ukzr.jpeg

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very funny seeing the right suddenly pretend that violent rhetoric from a president is NOW an issue, even though Biden only said that insurrection isn't democratic.

Where were you guys when Trump said everyone who burns the flag should be deported? Or that anyone who criticizes the founding fathers should be jailed? Now you anti-American scum get outed for being what you are and you're VERY upset about it.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Very funny seeing the right suddenly pretend that violent rhetoric from a president is NOW an issue, even though Biden only said that insurrection isn't democratic.
I'm glad you finally have that view point. Now about the riots/insurrections in the major cities over the last six years. Were those also un-democratic? The burning of cars, and beating of people in DC the day of Trump's inauguration, was that also un-democratic?

Reactions: Acid_Snake

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you guys get violent because he called you anti-American then that is on *you.* Not on him. Dingus.
Who is "you"? I'm not a republican. I'm not even American. I'm just watching it all from a neutral point of view and I can confirm that your country is extremely fucked up. My biggest hope is that none of the shit that will inevitably overflow won't spill in other countries. It's already bad as it is when some americans visit spain and get offended when they learn what they use to say "black".

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All he did was state the obvious, but it's about time. If your loyalty is to a single person, and a rich East coast elitist nonetheless, you don't actually give a shit about what happens to the country or the majority of its citizens. Trump is and always has been a fucking cancer, long before he even entered into the arena of politics.

Ephemeral9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you can easily quote his "violent rhetoric"
Just scoped out the minutes/transcript of the speech and at no point does Biden outright advocate violence. He, in fact, denounces using violence several times throughout the speech. There are quite a few times (I think four) that he states that he will 'defend' against the MAGA Republicans and 'white extremists'. Also asks the nation to join him in doing so 2.5 times.

Is he outright saying to attack? No. Is it easy to misconstrue/read into? Very much so. It's inflammatory, and to say otherwise is a bit shortsighted. As I said before though, ACCELERATE.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Just scoped out the minutes/transcript of the speech and at no point does Biden outright advocate violence. He, in fact, denounces using violence several times throughout the speech. There are quite a few times (I think four) that he states that he will 'defend' against the MAGA Republicans and 'white extremists'. Also asks the nation to join him in doing so 2.5 times.

Is he outright saying to attack? No. Is it easy to misconstrue/read into? Very much so. It's inflammatory, and to say otherwise is a bit shortsighted. As I said before though, ACCELERATE.
Now do Trump's Jan 6th speech that he was impeached over.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The one where he says the word "fight" like fifty times?

Hell, let's not even pretend this Biden speech came out of nowhere, there's been a biblical flood of death threats toward FBI agents, judges, politicians, and their families ever since the seizure of illegally-held documents from Mar-a-lago. Let's see how many Republicans are actually willing to die on behalf of this criminal sack of shit. Bring the indictments already.

Last edited by Xzi,

Ephemeral9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be off topic since the thread was about Biden's speech, but will do.

Hell, let's not even pretend this Biden speech came out of nowhere, there's been a biblical flood of death threats toward FBI agents, judges, politicians, and their families ever since the seizure of illegally-held documents from Mar-a-lago. Let's see how many Republicans are actually willing to die on this criminal sack of shit's behalf.
None. Many will caterwaul, but none are willing to die on this hill. Just like every other issue/stance/statement made in this country.

Reactions: Xzi

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP

Hell, let's not even pretend this Biden speech came out of nowhere, there's been a biblical flood of death threats toward FBI agents, judges, politicians, and their families ever since the seizure of illegally-held documents from Mar-a-lago. Let's see how many Republicans are actually willing to die on this criminal sack of shit's behalf.
Is that different from Congressman Steve Scalise being shot with the attacker planning to have shot have hoping to kill overs?

The violent storming of the capital during the hearing for Brett Kavanaugh.

The calls for public harassment of politicians.

We have been divided for a very long time and their rhetoric isn't making it better.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
None. Many will caterwaul, but none are willing to die on this hill. Just like every other issue/stance/statement made in this country.
Well, one already died trying to shoot up an FBI office. I agree though that the percentage of Republicans with the balls to actually act on their rhetoric is very low.

Reactions: KingVamp

Ephemeral9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have been divided for a very long time and their rhetoric isn't making it better.
A populous divided is a populous easily controlled.

Well, one already died trying to shoot up an FBI office. I agree though that the percentage of Republicans with the balls to actually act on their rhetoric is very low.
I don't think (if you're referring to Ashli Babbit) they went in planning, or even accepting the idea that they wouldn't be waking up the next day. I don't think it's just Republicans either, it's all Americans no matter what side of the coin you're on. Many are willing to fight for a cause, maybe even kill. The thought of actually dying, to be a martyr for a cause however, is one that I'd say (and could very well be wrong, and if so I'll recant that) many wouldn't deign to make.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @HiradeGirl, https://a.co/d/6oECWAh