Hacking Someone managed to launch Fusee Gelee from an Android phone

Havelln

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just getting "App not installed." with no error details I can find in the logcat or anything. Any ideas anyone? I'm running marshmallow and the build.gradle says the minimum required is kitkat.

I've noticed same thing happens on a Samsung j3 2016 lollipop and a Alcatel a3 2017 marshmallow but installs fine on s7 and s8 plus has any one got it to install on marshmallow or lollipop

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed same thing happens on a Samsung j3 2016 lollipop and a Alcatel a3 2017 marshmallow but installs fine on s7 and s8 plus has any one got it to install on marshmallow or lollipop
Yeah I just posted again, I had to re-sign it with a test key to get it to install, I guess the original must be using a certificate that older Android versions don't have. I'm attaching the copy that worked for me.

Attachments

• NXLoader signed.apk.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 173

Havelln

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I just posted again, I had to re-sign it with a test key to get it to install, I guess the original must be using a certificate that older Android versions don't have. I'm attaching the copy that worked for me.

Works fine on j3 on lollipop installs on Alcatel a3 on marshmallow but nothing when usb plugged in dosnt look like otg works on Alcatel a3

Reactions: hippy dave

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@hippy dave
Thanks for the re-signed apk. I was trying to compile the sec but the lib jars were missing. :P

It works great and is even faster to boot than the VM Linux method! I'm not sure if it was just tagged by some as hoaxware because of them not having an OTG-capable Android device or the apk not being signed properly for Android version below 7.0, but rest assured it is real and works.

A mod should really frontpage and/or sticky this!

Last edited by cracker,
Reactions: hippy dave

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest release *should* have fixed APK signatures now (can't post a link because I'm new :( )
The normal apk installed fine on my Nvidia Shield tablet which also has Tegra :). But I didnt tested as I'm still waiting for something really cool to load like the CFW, in that day I will probably fully open my Switch to do cooling mods...

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it can because of the dock bring a hub. I'm pretty sure I read that the exploit couldn't work right through USB hubs.

SilverfalconLP

Trophies
XP
Country
Not work on Motorola moto g4 ,start rcm and connect tap ok but error on log and screen black ,its my moto not compatible?

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone tried a USB-C OTG plugged on Switch and a micro usb cable to the phone?

i did , and didnt work. but it maybe deu to a cheap cable? dont have another one to test unfortunate.

OTG in phone then a usb C to switch works on galaxy s7 edge no root!!

fagnerkof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i did , and didnt work. but it maybe deu to a cheap cable? dont have another one to test unfortunate.

OTG in phone then a usb C to switch works on galaxy s7 edge no root!!

if a cheap cable works with the OTG on the phone, maybe the loader doesn't work with a OTG on switch, my guess

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if a cheap cable works with the OTG on the phone, maybe the loader doesn't work with a OTG on switch, my guess
well the usb to usb C is a genuine samsung delivered with s8 phone,

the micro usb (thus OTG in the switch, and micro usb in the phone) is a cheap chinese one.. so i dont realy know

Reactions: fagnerkof

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BTW if anyone finds a short, not too pricey cable that goes straight from USB-C at the switch end to micro-USB OTG at the phone end, please post it. Could be nice to have a compact, all-in-one alternative to my C-to-A cable plus OTG adapter cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm about to buy a $200 flash cart