Sonic Frontiers has leaked on Switch ahead of its release date

asdsadasddas.png

Sonic Frontiers isn't out yet officially, but leaked NSP copies of the game are spreading across the internet. The Nintendo Switch version of the game has been dumped a week ahead of its release date. Cutscenes and gameplay are cropping up on YouTube as well, of it running on the Switch, or even of people playing it using the Ryujinx emulator. As always, please remember that sharing warez is against GBAtemp's ToS.

:arrow: Discussion Thread

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I liked this thread but feel sorry for Sega.
I'm going to buy it when it gets released for the PS5
Hopefully the game is actually solid and the people that play it ahead of time end up spreading the good word which helps sales.

IF it's good. If it shows that they haven't been listening to fans at all, well...

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news, I wish everything would release early. Great feeling when the game is going to be good or great, which is very rare in recent years

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news, I wish everything would release early. Great feeling when the game is going to be good or great, which is very rare in recent years
You're talking about piracy. 🤨

I'd expect this game just to be good, not great because I'd hate to be massively disappointed again.

Reactions: SylverReZ

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who would of thought the people with review copies would be pirates.
stupid move cause review copies aree "identifiable" by nintendo (unless we found a way to scrub the data) think of it like a SN coded into the rom of review copies all they need to do is read the dumps Coded SN and police will be at the dumpers doorstep

Reactions: SylverReZ

Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sonic 06 had the potential to be spectacular, but Sega having rushed it out incomplete and unfinished it never was the game it was meant to.

Fingers crossed Sonic Frontiers isn't another shitty game botched by Sega.

I too hope that Sonic Frontiers too, becomes a good Sonic game. Even though Sonic 06 may be a bad game, there is this fan project that I have followed for a while that I enjoy a lot: Chaosx2006's remake of Sonic 06 for pc that fixes a lot of things from gameplay to aesthetics and other stuff. Check it out sometime.

DiJornios

DiJiorno
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got it today, praying to god for a decent Sonic adventure I've loved the blue blur since Heroes on my PS2, ironic i know; hopefully this knocks it out the park cuz he really needs something for his video game legacy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, played a bit more
Like someone pointed out before, yeah, while in the air, Sonic's like just fucked, lol, if you jump while moving in a direction, unless you cancel the momentum with another short hop, you just careen to the ends of the world, lol.
But aside that, I feel Sonic's controls pretty well, I can do donuts while going at my current max speed, didn't even knew there were options to toggle his movements even more, think that's a first that has been done officially.
I do agree the first world looks quite bland and boring (still in it, stopped playing after a giant black fucker yeeted Sonic into the distance), with just mostly empty green hills (heh) and some broken structures with random springs, boosters and rails around... Not maybe an amazing first impression, but I'm still kinda enjoying running around in it, tho you can't really "gotta go fast" if you wanna uncover all the secrets and such, it's more of a stop and go, mh. But I would blame that more on the structure of open world games rather than being a "bad" Sonic game or the devs being incompetent, BotW was the same more or less, open world games are by design just big and empty, meh.
Perhaps if the world was more Sonic-themed it would've been nicer to run around, but eh, went with another "Sonic's lost in another world" plot or what.

Fighting the enemies it's either braindead or kind of fun, Sonic's got some dumb but fun moves to play around with, and the enemies that don't just go down with one hit are fun to mess with said moves, tho you can beat most by just using the combo you start with, kinda. The shrine-classic levels are a small break from the like "boringness" of the open world, and I had quite a bit of fun beating 1-2's "finish in 55 seconds" challenge, with having to work out shortcuts and quirks in the physics to go as fast as possible, think I now know how a speedrunner feels like, lol. From what I read here tho, seems it's the only one that is somewhat challenging? Would be a bit of shame if it is, mh. Also, by completing said shrine challenges, you get a ton of keys for them chaos emeralds, and, like... already can get 4 I think, if am getting the rest so quickly as well... like, wat.
I do hope they don't do something like "oops, you lost the emeralds when moving on, get them all again", or that would be effing stupid.

Regarding graphical issues... As someone that's grew up with the ps1-2, I kinda don't exactly give a shit about framerates or pop-ins or anything, unless they're really awful. Which, as far as I played, I think it wasn't, I've seen worse, so I'd say the switch version is playable at least. I imagine two things: 1) people that be complaining about it are used to them more high-end consoles and shit 2) it's a fucking switch game, the hell y'all expecting? Of course it ain't gonna look amazing, the switch is a shit console, duh.
So far, I'd consider the game to be somewhat between decent-good, maybe my opinion might change as I continue, either for the better or the worse, but I'd say that this time Sega didn't seem to fuck it all up like their previous outings, mh.

Whats going to happen is that these developers are going to get sick of porting their games to the switch knowing that its just going to get leaked and pirated all the fucking time. Posting videos spoiling the game and shit. And you just going to see less of these games on the Switch. Once Nintendo starts losing developers and money on these ports maybe they'll get a fucking clue and start finding ways to stop pirates.
Good, maybe then we won't have good games be forced exclusive for years on a shit console that can barely run it.
And lmao, start finding a way to stop pirates?? Their shit has been hacked for as long as they exist, and they have themselves only to blame for it, seeing how cheap they are with their own hardware, making it stupid easy to hack and pirate.
If they wanted to actually stop pirates, they could've done for ages, but they're just too stupid to figure that out, so...

trapboifuse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After seeing that previous game levels were in the game but reskinned with Green Hill Zone assets my hype died near instantaneously. At least the music is good, as usual. I'll grab it when it's inevitably in the bargin bin.
cyberspace isnt the best but i did hear that the open world is amazing

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the bar has been lowered to "I've seen worse." that's sad.
A shame really as I thought that we we're going to get a good Sonic game, but in the end, it seems that many of the aspects of it such as the poor performance is just disappointing.
Post automatically merged:

Good, maybe then we won't have good games be forced exclusive for years on a shit console that can barely run it.
And lmao, start finding a way to stop pirates?? Their shit has been hacked for as long as they exist, and they have themselves only to blame for it, seeing how cheap they are with their own hardware, making it stupid easy to hack and pirate.
If they wanted to actually stop pirates, they could've done for ages, but they're just too stupid to figure that out, so...
Can't wait for when Denuvo gets cracked on the Switch.

Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Huge crts on both eye lids