Steam now supports the Switch Pro controller

IMG_7778.PNG

Valve's PC platform, Steam, has now added support for the Nintendo Switch Pro controller. In the latest Steam client beta update, you can use your controller by turning on the option for it in the settings. You can then customize the button layout for specific games, save presets, and use the gyro function for certain games that support it.

Greetings from the Steam Controller team. We’re pleased to announce that the latest Steam Client Beta adds support for the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. We think it is a great device with a feature set that pairs nicely with your Steam catalog. The d-pad is ideal for fighting games and platformers and the gyro enhances aim in your action/FPS titles. If you’d like to test it out you will need to opt into the Steam Client Beta then follow the steps below. We hope you enjoy and, as always, we welcome your feedback.

:arrow: Source

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why, Valvtendo of course.

Edit: It's probably your bluetooth adapter/hardware. Maybe disable/re-enable?

before this update i paired my controller like any bluetooth device..was your BT disabled by any chance?

I was using a USB bluetooth adapter. I think it was broken, it worked for some things, but not the switch controller... I got a new adapter, and now the pro controller works :toot:

Edit: spoke too soon... xpadder and windows can see it... steam cannot :glare:

Last edited by Random11,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I was using a USB bluetooth adapter. I think it was broken, it worked for some things, but not the switch controller... I got a new adapter, and now the pro controller works :toot:

Edit: spoke too soon... xpadder and windows can see it... steam cannot :glare:
Oh, keep in mind you need to be using Steam's latest beta build for it to be recognized, and some stuff may still be buggy.

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, keep in mind you need to be using Steam's latest beta build for it to be recognized, and some stuff may still be buggy.
I think it might still be the wireless adapter and the specific drivers? Cause even in xpadder it only shows up as "wireless controller" and while it works in most individual emulators I've tried. It also doesn't work in retroarch. So something's bugged.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think it might still be the wireless adapter and the specific drivers? Cause even in xpadder it only shows up as "wireless controller" and while it works in most individual emulators I've tried. It also doesn't work in retroarch. So something's bugged.

did you tick the Pro Controller Support under settings? Hope it's working now for you.

shakkar23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my gyro/motion controls work great, and the blue LED light is a real nice touch, especially the Pro Controller also thinks its player one, keep making those little updates! there better than no updates at all. And why are there people getting USB's to connect the controller it works fine for me.

Last edited by shakkar23,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo