_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
_Chaz_ said:
Hate it or love it, Apple helped revolutionize the way we see computers and technology in general.

Deal with it, your opinion means nothing when compared to fact.
Deal with it? I was just saying not everybody uses Apple products. That is a fact, lol.

Okay, what part of that is obvious in this post?

JoostinOnline said:
QUOTE(Ireland 1 @ Oct 6 2011, 11:25 AM)
He did major work on the tech we all use today.
I'm proud to say that isn't true. I hate apple.

Still, no death is happy.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
JoostinOnline said:
_Chaz_ said:
Hate it or love it, Apple helped revolutionize the way we see computers and technology in general.

Deal with it? I was just saying not everybody uses Apple products. That is a fact, lol.

Okay, what part of that is obvious in this post?

JoostinOnline said:
QUOTE(Ireland 1 @ Oct 6 2011, 11:25 AM)
He did major work on the tech we all use today.
I'm proud to say that isn't true. I hate apple.

Still, no death is happy.
All of it.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
mehrab2603 said:
I hate Apple, but hearing the news of Steve's death makes me very sad for some reason. Rest in peace.

Exactly the reason why this touches everyone, including those who don't like/use Apple products. Hopefully the legacy of Steve Jobs will give birth to new innovation and great minds of the future. Something tells me that there are others around, but they need their chance to make an impact. Just like Steve Jobs did when returning to Apple.

-Qtis

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
Almost cried when I saw the news... First thing on the news when I turned the TV on, after waking up: Steve Jobs has passed way... Could't believe it... Fell down on my knees...

He was an inspiration, not for being this or that on Apple, but for he's life story... Cancer's a bitch!

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland 1 said:
All I was trying to say was that because of him the sales of tablet devices rose and there is way more of a choice of tablets now then there was before the iPad. Also the iPhone was one of the first smartphones around. Plus the majority of the personal music devices are iPods. All of these are, in my opinion, thanks to the work of Steve Jobs.
Yeah, I know what you mean... He did something, the others followed... Thus improving the market...

Don't forget MacBooks... I know you Windows fanboys are going to kill me, but Microsoft is getting killed and choked by Apple... Vista was crappy, Windows 7 has a lot of applications that copies Mac's and Windows 8 has a feature called App Store...

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I really, really, hate Apple. But Steve Jobs was definitely a great man. (A bit like how people hate Hitler, yet he was IMO truly extraordinary). I have the utmost respect for him and it's very sad for him to pass away, especially at the young age of 56.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saw this coming for a while, so it wasn't very surprising. Didn't he have an operation for a liver transplant or something once? In Pirates of Silicon Valley he was portrayed to use LSD and stuff. I think those harder drugs screw up the liver.

But of course that has nothing to do with pancreatic cancer. So that was pretty rough. He had that transplant and ended up with cancer anyway.

But imho I'm more interested in Woz. He seems to have been in the spotlight a lot more this year than usual. I'm wondering if he's on the board of directors and I'm also wondering if he's going to step up more to do more direct things in the company.

Of course, Woz doesn't really approve of Intel in the computers from what I have heard. If he was the head of the company I'm not sure what he would come up with since I haven't seen Via or Nvidia coming out with their own CPU technology. What would Apple possibly do.

Now that they're going to branch into making a unified OS do they really even need to rely on Intel.

ah well I decided recently that I'm going to stick with PC compatible stuff anyways so I guess none of this is really relevant for me. But I do like Woz. He seems like a really fun cool guy.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Always found his total lack of philanthopy cast him in a rather bad light compared to Gates and was rather odd, considering Apple's groovy hippie image.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
Always found his total lack of philanthopy cast him in a rather bad light compared to Gates and was rather odd, considering Apple's groovy hippie image.

Philanthropy is just how rich snobs make themselves look good by pretending they actually care about humanitarian causes. They show up, smile for the cameras, sign a check for an insignificant amount of money and walk away with the real prize - free publicity. If anything, at least Jobs wasn't lying to himself and focused on what he thought was most important.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
This is rather sad to hear about. While I'm not fanatic of iProducts, he certainly helped them get my notice, and many millions of others, too. His legacy will remain unsurpassed for now.

I send my greatest condolences to him and his kin.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
_Chaz_ said:

Most of the products you are using though used up lots of ideas from Apple products. Windows took a lot of ideas from Apple, and so did Android from the iPhone. And Steve was able to make his products successful even if they were out before from a different company.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Wintrale said:
BlueStar said:

Philanthropy is just how rich snobs make themselves look good by pretending they actually care about humanitarian causes. They show up, smile for the cameras, sign a check for an insignificant amount of money and walk away with the real prize - free publicity. If anything, at least Jobs wasn't lying to himself and focused on what he thought was most important.
It can be, but Gates has used his money to make a huge and very real difference to the world and many, many people in it.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
titen96 said:
sihou1 said:
so will apple die now?
I was going to buy a macbook
No steve jobs left apple a little while before he died
Resigned as CEO, but didn't leave Apple. He was still the Chairman of the Board.

-Qtis

ps. Buying a MacBook isn't a bad idea. The software at the moment is very good despite Steve Jobs passing.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
BlueStar said:

He could've left a bunch of stuff in his will, who knows.
But he died so young...I don't know if he had a chance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER