frown.gif
frown.gif
sniff

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know if this has already been said, but there have been 3 apples that changed the world. The one Adam and Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the half eaten one that Steve Jobs gave to the world. I am not an Apple guy, but what Steve Jobs did for the industry will not be matched.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate him or not , he did change the mobile industry , the computer industry and the music industry, he made other companies setup their game , i remember before the iphone was released we had such shit phones , the first iphone did change how we thought of mobile phones , and even the tablet industry , many companies tried to get into the tablet market but apple were the first to succeed in making a great tablet. R.I.P Steve Jobs

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
impizkit said:
I dont know if this has already been said, but there have been 3 apples that changed the world. The one Adam and Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the half eaten one that Steve Jobs gave to the world. I am not an Apple guy, but what Steve Jobs did for the industry will not be matched.
where is the like button?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
BortzANATOR said:
impizkit said:
where is the like button?
well, steve jobs doesn't own facebook.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been using a Mac since 1985, at first by parking in front of a Fat Mac (512k) at my brother's house. I was an Amiga guy until it was good and dead, and then, looking to transfer over into a similar work style I bought a used Mac II. I've used other computers, but I invested in the Mac. Things got really hard during the 90's when Steve got marginalized and left. The CEOs in that interim were full of suck and fail. I was pretty sure I was going to have to go through another Amiga "stark realization" phase at some point because those guys were driving the company into the ground. Then Steve came back like fucking Superman and brought the Mac back to life. It was pretty glorious.

I hope Apple can keep it rolling, I'm sure Steve gassed up the car before he left.

I'm not going to go into the alternative medicine that probably shortened his life, even geniuses make mistakes. I'll just say I'm really sad he's gone.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The man most definitely was a genius. No one has had quite the same impact as he did during the ongoing digital revolution. We can all thank him for the computers we use today. Smartphones would be but a novelty if it wasn't for Steve. Tablets wouldn't be taking the world by storm if it wasn't for him. And even areas such as retail has benefited from his vision of beautiful design and working customer service to make our transactions that much more enjoyable. The industry will miss him.

But whilst I was shocked, and saddened by the news of his passing, we should not be mourning. We should be ensuring that we are building a better future in his stead, to make up for what all of us have lost.

Illness didn't stop him from leading the world's largest tech company. Nor did he go down without an incredible fight. Yet in the end he was but a man, and his end was inevitable.

His vision and will, however, continues living in us. We who still have the mercy to be alive.

Let's make the best of it.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JoostinOnline said:
Ireland 1 said:
He did major work on the tech we all use today.
I'm proud to say that isn't true. I hate apple.

Still, no death is happy.
How is it not true? Care to give your reasons to say that?
Not trying to start a fight, just curious.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
JoostinOnline said:
Ireland 1 said:

How is it not true? Care to give your reasons to say that?
Not trying to start a fight, just curious.
I assumed (and maybe I was wrong) that Ireland 1 was referring to Apple products.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Damn, way too early for him to go.
My first ever computer was a Mac, which possibly indirectly woke my interest for IT. I've got a lot to thank him for I guess
ohmy.gif

RIP in the clouds (quite literally)

scrtmstr said:
alex_0706 said:
never used apple
and im not giong to unless they remove the location localiser (so the ydont know where im)
most smartphones do that nowadays
They can track you with pretty much any cell phone, doesn't need to be a new or "smart" one.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While not exactly an Apple fanboy, I know Steve did more than his share of making the industry what it is today. For that, he was a great man.

JoostinOnline said:
Ireland 1 said:

Hate it or love it, Apple helped revolutionize the way we see computers and technology in general.

Deal with it, your opinion means nothing when compared to fact.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The man deserves credit, he was involved in the development of very nice devices and the eventual cultural impact they've had. And that's pretty impressive.

But its got to be said the Cult of Apple really need to get a life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P