Stuff you just don't get?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t get why I spend more time tinkering with my consoles than I do playing games on them.
I'm exactly the same. I have like 5 different modded consoles full of games, and all I think about is getting another different console, just to mod it also. It's like "Game Overload"

Last edited by BigOnYa,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with you, but there are even health benefits from it, less chance of Penile disorders, Urinary tract infections, Penile cancers, and even lower risk of STD's.

The health "benefits" are vastly overexaggerated, and the old studies that support those benefits have been shown to be flawed.

I'm not sure what sort of "penile disorders" you're referring to, but circumcision causes quite a few penile disorders of it's own. There are many instances of circumcision complications. There is no "cut here" line, some times too much skin is taken off. This can cause tight and painful erections later on, and can contribute to things like erectile dysfunction. Sometimes skin from around the base of the penis pulls up to compensate, and this causes hair growth on the shaft, where it shouldn't be. There are documented accounts where the doctor has accidentally cut the glans off entirely. Many thousands of these complications happen every year. The statistics aren't solid, because often it's labeled as something else, like hemorrhaging, but around 100 baby boys die in the United States every year from circumcision complications.

We treat urinary tract infections in girls with simple antibiotics. The incidence rate of urinary tract infections in boys is only about 1 in 186. That means that even if circumcision was 100% effective, you'd have to circumcise 186 baby boys just to prevent one urinary tract infection that could otherwise easily be cured by antibiotics. That's no reason to take a scalpel to a baby boy.

Penile cancer is one of the rarest cancers on earth. It's so rare that we don't really have enough evidence to support that circumcision is effective against it, but let's assume it's true. The incidence rate of penile cancer is somewhere around 1 in 200,000. As a man, you're more likely to die of breast cancer than penile cancer. Speaking of which, the incidence rate of breast cancer among women is around 1 in 8. It would be a lot more effective if we were to give baby girls mastectomies to prevent breast cancer. But of course that would be crazy!

The lower risk of STDs is relative too. They always like to state it as a "60% reduction in the chance of contracting HIV." In the African studies that this number comes from, 2.5% of intact men contracted HIV, vs 1.2% of circumcised men. 1.2% is around 60% of 2.5%, hence the "60%" reduction. But 2.5% is a low percentage to begin with, and as I said before, these studies have multiple flaws, any one of which would easily explain the 1.3% difference between the two groups. For instance, the studies did not take into account the 4-6 weeks that the circumcised group wasn't having sex because their circumcision wounds were healing. The circumcised group also received more medical care, including education on condom use, that the uncircumcised group never received. In any case, the studies concluded that regardless of whether a male was circumcised or uncircumcised, condoms were much more effective and essential to preventing the spread of HIV. So you can either wear a condom while having sex, or cut off part of your penis, and still have to wear a condom while having sex. Seems like a pretty obvious choice to me...

This isn't how medicine is supposed to work! We don't remove perfectly healthy skin tissue just for a perceived lower risk of future health problems, without any previous diagnosis or history of issues. In most countries apart from the United States, circumcision is only done for religious reasons in Muslim and Jewish communities, and it's not seen as a medical procedure. Around 80% of the world's men are left intact, and have little to no problems arising from it.

Reactions: BigOnYa

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's some stuff i want to know but don't want know at the same time.... but i'm going say what those things are.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you like Sushi? (I don't either tbh)

cod-worms-photographer695-3700511735.jpg

BakerMan

Class Clown of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Routine infant circumcision. It's a gross human rights violation, whether it's done on a female or male. And no, I don't care what religion you practice. You don't get to permanently carve your beliefs into an infant, even if it's your offspring. They have a right to their whole, unmodified body, except of course in the case of any rare medical abnormalities. They also have a right to their own religious beliefs, which may possibly not match yours, and your personal religious beliefs don't override that.
i'm sorry routine circumcision? does it keep growing back at routine intervals?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sorry routine circumcision? does it keep growing back at routine intervals?

In this case, "Routine" meaning circumcision typically done on infants for generally aesthetic reasons, without any medical necessity. I don't know where you're from, but in the United States it's very common. In other countries, not so much.

Like would happen to Wolverine?
Wolverine is one of my favorite superheroes. He can't be circumcised, it just grows back.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
idk but i don't get it, botw almost looked fun when i saw it like, oh shit zelda good now? but i tried playing it and i was like, meh, dude i swear to god, i really tried, zelda oot was one of the most boring things i've played, it felt like i was doing a chore, also, i played AC black flag and its another game that helps me fall asleep
I guess it's just not for everyone, and that's absolutely fine. I mean, something that's appealing to everyone is bound to be rather tasteless in my opinion.
Haven't played Black Flag tho. I play AC2 tho, I had fun when I was younger at first, but it became boring and I just couldn't understand why everyone was so much into open worlds like Far Cry and all. I kinda liked Far Cry 3 but never finished it because the world is boring as hell. I just hate to have to climb to an infinite number of dumb towers to unlock minuscule parts of the map. At least now BoTW taught everyone how to make a good open world, it doesn't mean that everyone will like it.

-All these people all over this place. Some even know how to get to places NOT near where they live/work/reside and yet there's NO FUCKING MAP FOR ME?!
-How the fuck old is Ganon? All these times we've fought him and he's still around? How?
-Well, Link and Princess Zelda gotta be antique now too right?
-I need the thing Link carries so I can fly around damnit. How do I get one?
-Horses are now random animals? Alright. Horses are now deer.
-I mean ... yeah, there are roads and stuff. Before GPS existed people still knew how to walk on roads
-Who cares he's just some kind of demon spirit at this point
-Who cares
-Spend 5 to 10 minutes into the game and you see the old man using it and telling you you'll get it (if you ask him)
-Why not, I remember when I saw a bunch of horses wandering around and trying to tame one for the first time, great moment (failed because I spammed R instead of L, took me a while to realize)

You're just overthinking stuff way too much. It's breath of the WILD, it would completely defeat the purpose to have map markers all over the place, unlocked map and all kind of transports at the very beginning
Post automatically merged:

Routine infant circumcision. It's a gross human rights violation, whether it's done on a female or male. And no, I don't care what religion you practice. You don't get to permanently carve your beliefs into an infant, even if it's your offspring. They have a right to their whole, unmodified body, except of course in the case of any rare medical abnormalities. They also have a right to their own religious beliefs, which may possibly not match yours, and your personal religious beliefs don't override that.
Yeah I honestly hate it. I'm religious but I wish they hadn't done it to me. I don't even think it's a religious requirement (at least for my own), it's just tradition, and this one is dumb.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I'm going to be brave and admit I don't really get the blockchain and crypto stuff at all.
You're not the only one, I've no idea why people would part with real money to buy something that's make beleive and can lose value in an instant or be stolen by the like of SBF or some twat like him or his cronies.

Myst3ry_MAN-08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
math makes no logical sense to me, and im a pretty logical person so you would think I would understand it. Im a senior in highschool and yet I somehow made it here with a fourth grade basic math level and a 9th grade everything else level
for instance take this simple algebra equation that definitely didn't come from homework:
144 = -12x-60
It looks and is simple enough but somehow I keep getting stuck on WHERE TF YOU PUT VARIABLES

• Haha
Reactions: bazamuffin

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it's just not for everyone, and that's absolutely fine. I mean, something that's appealing to everyone is bound to be rather tasteless in my opinion.
Haven't played Black Flag tho. I play AC2 tho, I had fun when I was younger at first, but it became boring and I just couldn't understand why everyone was so much into open worlds like Far Cry and all. I kinda liked Far Cry 3 but never finished it because the world is boring as hell. I just hate to have to climb to an infinite number of dumb towers to unlock minuscule parts of the map. At least now BoTW taught everyone how to make a good open world, it doesn't mean that everyone will like it.

-I mean ... yeah, there are roads and stuff. Before GPS existed people still knew how to walk on roads
-Who cares he's just some kind of demon spirit at this point
-Who cares
-Spend 5 to 10 minutes into the game and you see the old man using it and telling you you'll get it (if you ask him)
-Why not, I remember when I saw a bunch of horses wandering around and trying to tame one for the first time, great moment (failed because I spammed R instead of L, took me a while to realize)

You're just overthinking stuff way too much. It's breath of the WILD, it would completely defeat the purpose to have map markers all over the place, unlocked map and all kind of transports at the very beginning
-We can make roads, but we cant make paper maps for everyone to purchase?
-I care because it has never been explained how he lives as long as he does
-Again, I care because Link and Zelda have shortly been explained but I want to know more
-I didn't mean in the game, I meant in real life
-Why not zebras? Or lions? Or eve deer?

I'm not overthinking anything. I'm asking actual questions that either have been answered shortly or haven't been answered at all. I understand that these are parts of the game that make it harder to play for a defined reason, but also that makes me want to not even play them because questions we all have aren't being answered. Perhaps they have been, but not being an active Zelda fan has prevented me from finding answers.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't get discord, want to stay as far away from it as possible and dread being told "join xxx discord to get this mod". I don't need yet another social media thingy in my life. There's nothing like good old fashioned forums.

BakerMan

Class Clown of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get politics, or the controversy behind them
either you agree or you disagree, just because someone has a different opinion doesn't make them lesser...
unless they're vegan, or Rez or Kyle

People that take pics of every meal, then have to share it on they're social media accounts. :wacko:
also, late, but @krzys4x

Last edited by BakerMan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: