AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Code:
src/pc/audio/audio_sdl2.c:3:10: fatal error: SDL2/SDL.h: No such file or directory
    3 | #include <SDL2/SDL.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Makefile:1057: build/us_wiiu/src/pc/audio/audio_sdl2.o] Error 1

That where im at I seem to be missing this file referenced in audio_sdl2.c

Any ideas , im running POPOS!.

dkp-pacman.

@Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

30FPS is Acceptable for what is being achieved here.

25/30 FPS Used to be the Norm back in the day and this Game is from back in the day.

60FPS with all these nice SGI Render64 etc enhancements would be great but if not possible it great to have this Port on WiiU at all.
dkp-pacman -S wiiu-sdl2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some of you have noted that the stick is often too sensitive and you can make Mario run at full speed before you are at the end of the stick's reach.
Hopefully, it should be fixed in this commit:
https://github.com/aboood40091/sm64-port/commit/515d1d9e813a548f4a8ad87efbdc3245d4052ae6

@Vague Rant and Quist have tried their best to replicate the exact feeling of the original N64 controller.

Additionally, using (-) to disconnect has been removed, since you can disconnect from the home menu, and L has been mapped to (-).

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@AboodXD That done the job thanks it looks amazing as is and very fluid and best of all launched as a Wii U Title from Main Menu looks so good.

I guess I need to recompile with the Render64 Pack and or other modifications? or can these be just copied to Install Directory?

Also how to enable Cheat Menu and can Button Definitions be changed via config or do I need to modify and recompile?

Does the Game have Force Feedback or have to wait and see what comes from Shindou Release?

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have to say this is awesome I have it compiled on everything I can lol Ninty seems to be targeting UTube Vids with any info on this. Vids I watched just hours ago are gone along with Accounts.

Lt. Lynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it there an already compiled version just for download and install? I make myself a mess with this things.

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a Build on a Reddit thread you need to DuckDuckGo For it.

However it pales in comparison to newer Builds because it does not have latest Fixes.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it there an already compiled version just for download and install?
Please note that distributing a precompiled version is illegal as it contains copyrighted assets (3d models, textures, sounds, ...).That's why you need the original ROM to compile: It extracts the assets from there.

This could change in the future, all we need are new (open source) assets not made by Nintendo. There might be people not liking third party assets through.

Reactions: Lt. Lynx

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Works well with Loadiine and can confirm on NAND you get error need to restart and delete data nag and have to shutdown restart. Shame looked nice on my Menu oh well.

Could the sm64ex_res folder be remapped to Content folder like WiiU Apps/Games.

Roughly 6 Minutes to load with Cleaner Aesthetics Pack.

Experienced Heavy Slowdowns too worst was facing off against Big Bob Omb.

I have also noticed Missing Audio Dialogue "Press Start To Play"

Linux
Build has same problem so dont think it Wii U.

29 Seconds via Loadiine with base.zip in sm64ex_res folder.

Last edited by CORE,

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
Works well with Loadiine and can confirm on NAND you get error need to restart and delete data nag and have to shutdown restart. Shame looked nice on my Menu oh well.

Roughly 6 Minutes to load with Cleaner Aesthetics Pack.

Experienced Heavy Slowdowns too worst was facing off against Big Bob Omb.

Linux

29 Seconds via Loadiine with base.zip in sm64ex_res folder.
just checking texture work loading with loadiine? cause ive been loading with HBC and getting a black screen

AboodXD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Why use Loadiine when you can launch the game from the homebrew launcher... ?
Also, blame all loading speeds on Nintendo's great handling of SD Card.

Linux
It's an issue with the PC port in general.

That would break compatibility with running from HBL.

Reactions: CORE

AboodXD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Loving this port! There any way to set both triggers as Z and both L&R as R (camera)?
Change this line to:
Code:
{ Z_TRIG, VB(ZL) | VB(ZR), CB(ZL) | CB(ZR), PT(ZL) | PT(ZR) },
And this line to:
Code:
{ R_TRIG, VB(L) | VB(R), CB(L) | CB(R), PT(L) | PT(R) },

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can confirm on NAND you get error need to restart and delete data nag and have to shutdown restart.
That's a CFW bug based on the title ID... Never caught the root of it cause it's more simple to tell users to install to USB instead but: Some tite IDs work from NAND while others work loaded from USB only... Now I don't know about this port but changing title IDs to something conforming to both isn't okay for some tools: Some use their name as a hex string, for example... Also finding a ID confirming to both isn't simple as to my knowledge nobody knows what the issue is... So all that's doable is changing title ID over and over again untill it matches...

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: ZiRoN321 and CORE

asboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What patches/mods can I use with the game still being a smooth 60fps? Are there any issues playing it at 60fps anyway?

Last edited by asboy,

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@nitrostemp
sm64ex_res root off SDCard.
Put gfx folder into it. Take a look inside base.zip it basically has folder structure.

@AboodXD
I have Custom Boot and Icons along with a Custom Cover setup via Loadiine and looks pretty good and is basically next best thing to having it on Main Menu I also have a Vast amount of N64,DS Titles.

NDS Name ID
N64 Name ID
WiiU SM64U ID

Looks very nice with Carousel and BootScreens in Background all Custom.

My setup is Indexiine/HaxChi>

HBL>Mocha&FSHax>Loadiine/USBGames/RetroArch
HBL>C2W>Wii Emulators/Nintendont

I can still Launch via HBL if desired and of course Loadiine/HBL/Retroarch all share the same issue you can only have one or the other loaded before you need to restart so nothing really different apart from a more glamorous look.

I hope you can get those SGI Models working I have been looking through the Code a lot is well documented and clean Comments but still way beyond me yet.

I also added you on Discord in case you wonder who I was.

Can the game be forced to run at 1280 x 720 or similar to maybe reduce slowdown with Textures and those nice SGI Models , im just curious how much of an impact it would make on performance I have watched your video at 480P.

The reason I asked about External Data being changed like a WiiU structure was indeed the loading speeds.

I did do some messing around and compiled one large RPX and for the most part it worked well except Mario had no face lol and other various texture glitches.

1.13GB Load times obviously better but you must recompile everything no easy external data folder just hard to get good decent framerate.

Guess that why external data is also useful just so much testing with textures etc. to try and get that balance.

Atleast then you could just compile one large RPX.

Last edited by CORE,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL