Super Mario Party won't be playable in handheld mode

If you were hoping to play Super Mario Party on your Nintendo Switch while on the go, or with a Switch Pro Controller, then you might have to put those plans on hold. The game just got its official website, and it specifies that players won't be able to experience the game in handheld mode at all--only TV or tabletop. This is due to the fact that the minigames require motion controls from the Joy-Cons. This also rules out using the Joy-Con grip, as well. Super Mario Party will launch on October 5th.

IMG_1590.jpg

:arrow: Source

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... you can play in table-top mode. I don't see what the big deal is that people are being dramatic about this. Just disconnect your fucking joycons and you can still play on the tablet.

Reactions: Lucifer666

Redfire389

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is the point of having a portable console then? All the best Mario party were played with a joystick anyway.

Anyway this clears all my hope of a good Mario Party if it's just gonna be motion controls nonstop.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I like being punched in the face, so it's no big deal.

Edit: Seems like I didn't understand correctly. What is tabletop mode again?

Last edited by Bimmel,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you were hoping to play Super Mario Party on your Nintendo Switch while on the go, or with a Switch Pro Controller, then you might have to put those plans on hold. The game just got its official website, and it specifies that players won't be able to experience the game in handheld mode at all--only TV or tabletop. This is due to the fact that the minigames require motion controls from the Joy-Cons. This also rules out using the Joy-Con grip, as well. Super Mario Party will launch on October 5th.

:arrow: Source

well that was kinda expected seeing the game only supports single joy-con

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes sense. I just hope they don't try to fit motion controls everywhere, even when it doesn't fit. Mario Party 8 had some pretty ridiculous minigames where you basically used the Wiimote as a joystick, or worse, you had to twist it like a key to move, and they weren't fun.
I would say 8 Had the worst mini games in the main series yet

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Thats fine because I do not care about this sequels at all. Dont find those exciting games to me at all.
That's alright. These Mario Party games are naturally best played in 2-4 groups of people than singular which kind of takes away the fun of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, making the first level on my game
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, uremum is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool, what's the game about?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 you wantign people to know the pos you are, thats also a good too. In communicating with people you are having them learn about your opinions and who you are as a person, you will be remembered by them, as we remember you in the forum. You are not indifferent
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, kind of like megaman or contra
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its too simple what i have done
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You using the Smart camera extention, its nice, centers you on screen but with little lag so feels better than just Center player on screen. You can add/ subject lag amount also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i dont use it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i use the "center camera in object" action
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i cant find that smart camera extension
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, its called Smooth Camera
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa we should have a meeting with other forum memebers and take shrooms
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i think you would be a great trip guider
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh, I'd wonder off somewhere probably
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey made some Sun tea yesterday, and cut up some peaches in let sit in there w the teabags, shit is Da bomb. Bout to try it with some peach vodka..
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa sounds wish we could see Randy on south park do that , drinking the peach vodka
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, im more of a casual south park fan, i dont watch it that often
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its gluten free
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol it's too offensive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh not that good, not many alcohols taste good in tea. At least I haven't found any.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that peach alcohol in cans tasted like crap
  • F @ foresthag:
    You could fermen(tea). That'd taste excellent. Or make you go blind, who is to say?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twisted tea iirc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only one I liked was that mikes hard lemonade tea, but i couldn't drink it all day
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, gonna make a jumping sprite
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, gonna make a jumping sprite