Supercard DSTWO announced

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hmm - I've been looking through the thread, on Supercard forum & even Youtube for ANY details about DSTwo

All I can see is a lot of comment about Game playing & the RTS guide etc - but I've seen NOTHING about whether the card being able to playback videos & music.

Just because it a 'mashup' of the iPlayer & DSone hardware - it doen't mean we'll actually get the iPlayer (or it's equivalent) within the Evolution OS

I was considering this as an upgrade - but without the Music/Video playback, I'm re-considering NOT getting it

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As excited as I am for GBA gameplay on a DSi or any DS handheld without the battery draining slot-2 devices, I would love for someone to open up GBA games and implement into the emulator wifi link cabling.

Sure I can start my Pokemon adventure and stop Ex-Death from taking over the world using the void, but I want to fight with my Link friends. And I want to see whose Emerl is superior.

But that will only be a dream. *sigh*

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Still no information on a release date? wow I'd thought there would have been some news by now
frown.gif

does anyone have any up to date information?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DarkWay said:
Still no information on a release date? wow I'd thought there would have been some news by now
frown.gif

nope.. I've been keeping an eye on Supercards Forums and currently all the 'latest news' has been all about the BETA EOS

Guess we have to be patient

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
DarkWay said:
frown.gif

nope.. I've been keeping an eye on Supercards Forums and currently all the 'latest news' has been all about the BETA EOS

Guess we have to be patient

I'm waiting for the "You've Been Trolled" message to come out.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ok this isn't really DSTwo news - but it may be related

According to Supercards forums the EOS beta testing has finally finished
QUOTE said:
Progress of EVOLUTION[2010-01-29 Updated]
2010-01-29
After 5 beta versions, we got many bug reports & suggestions. Has now entered the end stage, we are planning to release EOS before Chinese New Year (Chinese New Year is Feb 14th). Thanks to the beta testers

TakTikal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have an acekard 2i and I gave that to my cousin. I was going to buy another on and then I came across supercard dsonei so I was gonna give it a try and see the how I like the rts feature and not needing another ds when ever I need to update the card, but now I see their is gonna be a new supercard coming out "soon". Should I wait or just buy the dsonei? I don't think I would use the emulators that much if at all...

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
TakTikal said:
I used to have an acekard 2i and I gave that to my cousin. I was going to buy another on and then I came across supercard dsonei so I was gonna give it a try and see the how I like the rts feature and not needing another ds when ever I need to update the card, but now I see their is gonna be a new supercard coming out "soon". Should I wait or just buy the dsonei? I don't think I would use the emulators that much if at all...
Hmm difficult choice to make - you could go ahead & buy one now & the DSTwo could come out the following day or it might be another 3-4 months

The 'Soon' on the website been there for ~2-3 months now, & we keep hearing 'rumours' of when it is coming out (first it was 'before Xmas' - then it was suppose to be 'before New Year' then it was 'around Chinese new year' & we're still waiting)

Since I'm managing with my AK2i I would wait a couple of month AFTER the release of DSTwo just in case the early versions may have teething problems
But since you don't have a card I would suggest getting a cheaper alternative for now as a stop gap - perhaps another Ak2i ??

TakTikal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
TakTikal said:
Hmm difficult choice to make - you could go ahead & buy one now & the DSTwo could come out the following day or it might be another 3-4 months

The 'Soon' on the website been there for ~2-3 months now, & we keep hearing 'rumours' of when it is coming out (first it was 'before Xmas' - then it was suppose to be 'before New Year' then it was 'around Chinese new year' & we're still waiting)

Since I'm managing with my AK2i I would wait a couple of month AFTER the release of DSTwo just in case the early versions may have teething problems
But since you don't have a card I would suggest getting a cheaper alternative for now as a stop gap - perhaps another Ak2i ??

Yeah I was thinking about doing that.... decisions decisions

I don't see the benefit about the dstwo.... I don't play nes/gba games... I play the occasional snes game on my mac. Plus the team hasn't really released to much info about the card features besides gba/nes emulator. No one knows for sure if the card will have a built in media player either even tho there were reports of that it would be a "mashup" of iplayer and dsonei. Is watching videos on the dsi a good experience? The resoultion isn't that great on it to begin with. How about moonshell? Doesn't that play videos too?

Thanks

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Some new info on the DSTwo Forums that might be interest - posted 3 days ago
QUOTE said:
Actually, DSTWO hardware is finished last month, but found out a hardware bug, this is a small bug, will not effect the using of DSTWO, but SC team decided redesign the hardware and fixed this bug, now, the hardware is OK today,

http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-5638-1-1.html

So it seems there is/was a delay due to a 'bug' - a hardware one................

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unknown_gamer said:
This would certainly explain why the SC team hasn't updated the OS of the DSOne(i) for quite some time, they've been working on this!!
This is exactly why I won't buy a SC product. As soon as they have a new product, they stop updating their old one.

Just watch, a year after the DSTWO is released, they'll announce yet another card, and stop updating this one. Meanwhile, I'll still be playing the latest games on my CycloDS Evolution WITHOUT having to buy the latest card.

edit: Hmm, looking at their site, they're even keeping their old Slot-2 cards updated. Not like the M3 team, which adamantly refuses to update anything they're not currently making money on. I guess I retract my statement.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I can't wait either! I'm getting a dsi next month and i was looking for the best card for the dsi, right now i own the original R4 with a ds lite. I can't wait to play all those pokemon hacks portably! I hope it comes in black too or i might change my mind...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work