Status
Not open for further replies.

MYsteriu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I was in the OFW (not sysnand, I used reboot > OFW) and tried to play Warframe, I saw a popup for update and clicked it thinking it was related to the game... Now I can boot into emmc but sleep is not functioning properly, sysnand is not acccesible and OFW is working fine.. Do I need to wait for the update and do what @tirmey said?
Not knowing that it must interfere with hekate, I upgraded to FW 17 when prompted using OFW. I just need the next atmosphere update to copy its content to switch SD card using a PC? Simply as that?

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, it is a nand backup. You dont use daybreak to do it. I would tecomend you to wait for atmosphere update (just wait a few days) if you dont know how to restore a nand backup. If you do something wrong, may cause a brick
Post automatically merged:

Actually, you need an atmosphere update.
I was talking about how you update the fw in the first place, daybreak or with the official menu. Not how you restore the nand.

Laufzeitfehler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was in the OFW (not sysnand, I used reboot > OFW) and tried to play Warframe, I saw a popup for update and clicked it thinking it was related to the game... Now I can boot into emmc but sleep is not functioning properly, sysnand is not acccesible and OFW is working fine.. Do I need to wait for the update and do what @tirmey said?
Yes you must wait for Atmosphere and Hekate. For me this is not a Problem i can Play online on OFW 17 and also i can boot Atmosphere with old Firm. So far so good.

tirmey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes you must wait for Atmosphere and Hekate. For me this is not a Problem i can Play online on OFW 17 and also i can boot Atmosphere with old Firm. So far so good.
Yes, but updating atmosphere/hekate requires a special procedure or can I just throw the update files into SD root ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are so many people "bricked"? I thought it was safe to update sysnand....

The issue here is that people jump the gun and update when Atmosphere and Hekate ain't even out. Typically when a major firmware come out with a lot of change under the hood it might take a while, updating to firmware break sleep mode as 6.0.6 doesn't really support 17.0.0.

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was talking about how you update the fw in the first place, daybreak or with the official menu. Not how you restore the nand.
Btw, Atm pre release is out. You can update it and boot again.
In future, if you want to update emunand, use daybreak. If you want to update OFW, just update the normal way on the system

supertaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok, ATM pre release is out. But don't we need a new Hekate to boot OFW?

This will suffice to resolve this soft brick or should I wait hekate update as well?
i want to know this too

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If u guys have modchips u all should know that u only update ur sysnand after there is a release from hekate/atmosphere never update bevor.

Personally, I'm glad some people update early. We need some adventurous volunteers to take a bullet for the team, so we can see when it's safe to update. Thanks to all testers out there! Now I'll go back to playing games on my old firmware.
Hahahahahahahaha
man u just made my day Xd

Last edited by Dee87,

tirmey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If u guys have modchips u all should know that u only update ur sysnand after there is a release from hekate/atmosphere never update bevor.
Yes, agree. The technician that mod my son's console did forgot to mention this "little" detail and I'm not a kiddo gamer to fiddle about in game forums. Unfortunately, here I am for being kind of negligent in that regard...

Last edited by tirmey,

supertaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you want to preserve your fuse you have to use a custom bootloader like hekate to boot into stock.
fuses don't care. If updating dont block you from running atm, why should i care? I just want to know because i cannot boot OFW with current hekate.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuses don't care. If updating dont block you from running atm, why should i care? I just want to know because i cannot boot OFW with current hekate.

Some people care, it is for downgrading purpose. Someone did show a video of hekate 6.0.6 booting 17.0.0 stock.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How do a simple update can brick your sysnand ?

If I update my sysnand in cfw (I won't), I will not even be able to boot into my stock sysnand ?

Reactions: tirmey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof