Tattoo/Pierce topic

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've searched trough GBAtemp, and couldn't find any similar topic, as I'm really into tattoos and piercings I decided to make a topic to see what you people here think of such body modification..
There are lots of older members who could be involved in this stuff, some girls that could probably be interested into piercings..
I know there are lots of minors, but I would like to hear opinion from your point of view too..

Basicly:
Do you like tattoos/piercings?
Why?
What style you find most interesting (biomechanical, tribal, animals, cartoons etc.)?
Do you have any?
Show off......

Something like that....you don't have to answer the questions, they are here just to guide you....Just make a conversation..

I would really like to see a pictures if you have any tattoos/piercings, so post them here..(Thug4L1f3, I've seen you have some tattoos on your hand, maybe if you could get a better picture?)

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I've had both of my ears double pierced with orbitals for about 5 years now. I like them. I'd never actually seen orbitals before, but when I turned up the hoops from the first set of holes, I liked the look, so I went back to get double pierced to get the look for real.

I've also pierced and retired my tongue twice. Once when I was 16 for about a week until the parents found out. Then again at 18 when I moved out for a little over a year till I grew tired of it.

No tattoos, though. I would kind of like a simple solid black line down one of my triceps. Not sure why, but I've kinda always wanted that. I'm sure I won't get one though.

I may post a picture of the oribtals later if any of you don't know what they are.

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
l_42a87511edd459e234cd28c622b15a82.jpg

This is my first tattoo..
I got it on my 18th birthday, I cut the whole day of school, get down to tattoo shop, and had it done....I was thinking about getting tattoo from 14-15th year of life..But I knew that my body is still growing, and if I get it, that it would be a mess when stretched...plus, I never wanted to get tattoo illegally..I would never play around with something like that, it's something for the whole life, so I really want to think it trough, and get it done properly!!

And, by looking at the picture, I believe you'll find that it perfectly sums me up! Radiation, nuclear explosion, mohawk, love......It has everything that's somewhat part of my life..

I'll post some more stuff later..

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Basicly:
Do you like tattoos/piercings?
Why?
What style you find most interesting (biomechanical, tribal, animals, cartoons etc.)?
Do you have any?
Show off......

Something like that....you don't have to answer the questions, they are here just to guide you....Just make a conversation..
Well, not to rain on your parade, but mainly to weigh in on the topic and push the thread along.

Do you like Piercings and Tattoos
I dont like either. For several reasons, mainly I mean for my self--but I dont really like either at at all. In any shape, way or form do I like piercings or tattoos.
1. I'm afraid of needles. Not deathly, but very afraid.
2. I dont know, maybe I'm just a very "old fashioned" person I dont think that its very wise or good to get something permanently changed about your self for vanity purposes. Certainly something like a tatoo--where they are jabbing and stabbing you with needles left and right and you are perfectly awake and conscious. Plus, if theres nothing wrong with you--if you can appreciate and like the body you were born with, why would you want to change it? How can you be certain that you will like it in 10 years? What about when you have kids?
3. Well, I want to be able to get work, for starters. And one of the things they drill into you in Business School is that if you shouldnt get a Tattoo, but if get a tattoo, it had better be able to be hidden effortlessly, effectively and for the standard 8 hours of work. If not, it shouldn't be garish. So, a little star on your wrist might be okay, it probably wont be in the workforce, but for some people, it'll be okay. A giant dragons skull painted no matter how skillfully onto the length of your arm, isn't going to be okay. Sorry, it just isn't.
4. I dont like needles. I cant bare to be stuck, and I dont like to be reminded of needles. For some reason, pins, like safety pins, dont bother me if the tips can be covered, needles, do.

I think that if were to get a temporary tattoo--the kind that washes off--it'd be a cartoon that conveys a thought or emotion, something I feel is important--but it'd have to be in a way that is both serious/straightforward yet humorous.

I dont have any peircings or tattoos, I'm too afriad of needles to submit to anyone puncturing me for anything other than the most dire or immediate medical purposes.

I had a hole in my head once, right where my sister stabbed me in the forehead with a pin because I was had a bump/pimple on my forehead that made me look a bit like a unicorn. That was the only time I' was stuck, albeit unknowingly, besides for anything shy of medical purposes.

EDIT: I'm about to go to bed. I can barely keep my eyes open. I hope this isn't too much rambling in there, I will fix it tomorrow, hopefully to be more clear.

EDIT: Edited to be a little clearer and hopefully less offensive.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
photo0012iw9.jpg
photo0013ty2.jpg

Ya I'll try and get a better picture later.
The writing says 'Russell 1974 - 98 RIP' in an Old English font, he was my brother. My mate did it in his bedroom with a tatoo gun bought from ebay.
The second one is a celtic design that was black on the original template but the guy that did it said it would look good in red so I just said "yeah go for it" (was only 15 when I got it).
I'm thinking of having the red one filled in black with maybe some more art on it.

I have another one on my left bicep, you can just about see it on the second pic (very small) and have 3 piercings in my left ear, 2 in the lobe and 1 at the top, but I no longer wear anything in them.

[-EDIT-]

Fixd pics.

L13SDE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I Have 9 pericings 4 in each ear and my septum. i had stretches but removed them (was the worst idea of my life) i also have this tattoed on my back got it done the day i was 18.

Im planning some tirbal on my arm in the next month, then im wanting to get the words Live Love Burn Die tattoed on my chest

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you like tattoos/piercings? Yes!
Why? Because it makes my body even more beautifull
tongue.gif
(j/k)

What style you find most interesting (biomechanical, tribal, animals, cartoons etc.)? Just, simple, plain stars or something like that.
Do you have any? Not yet...
Show off...... Not yet...

Here, in holland, you can have tattoos from your 16th (and we can drink alcohol and stuff, I love holland!
biggrin.gif
).
So I've been wanting one since half a year ago.
I want just a plain, black simple star on my wrist. And I'm getting it this summer break! (probably).
I also want a snake bite, but for that, I'll have to wait untill my braces are gone. (that's like, 1,5 year or something
frown.gif
)

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh ink and metal. Two of my favorite things to be added to a human body. I'm a sucker for piercings and tats. At one point, i had two in each ear and an eyebrow ring. Now i'm just down to both ears done once, but stretched to 00 gauge. I want metal in my face, but i'm not sure of where. Well, i would LOVE to get my lip done... but the wife isn't a huge fan of that... but it could happen anyway (...i mean, she said "you can if you'd like, but i'm not a huge fan." so i wouldn't be doing it behind her back
tongue.gif
).

As for ink, i've had MAJOR urges over the past 4 years to get something marked on my body... tons of ideas have come and gone, and when the urge happens, the cash isn't available. So i pierce or cut (...my hair, not myself
tongue.gif
) and it seems to settle for a few months until i want that needle into permanently scratch my skin once again.

There are some pics of my ears (kinda) in the temper pics thread, but there will be new pics soon.. both here and there. My hair has changed. Can't wait to have it all ready to go for here
wink.gif
(thats a teaser for any of you who might care
tongue.gif
HAH)

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:
3. I think that having your face or body pierced and decorated with jewelry/spikes in a way that startles or disrupts the majority of society is a little unkind. You can have 7 peircings in your face if you want, but do you really HAVE to wear them all, all the time? Even to a restaurant or library where people want to focus on something?

wtf.gif

So what about we go back in time to racial segregation?

I don't think I need to say much more, but the way I've understood it, and I could be wrong (and if so, I'm sorry in advance), but seriously, you're saying that because they are different in a way you don't like, that they shouldn't do what they like (like wearing piercings) in public places, where you might be "put off" or distracted or something like that?

Isn't that against basic freedom? I don't think they are hurting anyone, if your distracted then... I don't know, it's not like they are purposely trying to catch your attention, right? I don't think something like a nose ring, or a tribal tattoo is that "strange" in society these days anyway.

As for me, I'm getting a double helix piercing(s) this summer
rolleyes.gif

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
gizmo_gal said:
Well, not to rain on your parade, but mainly to weigh in on the topic and push the thread along.

Peircings and Tattoos
I dont like either. For several reasons, mainly I mean for my self--but I dont really like either at at all. In any shape, way or form do I like piercings or tattoos.
1. I'm afraid of needles. Not deathly, but very afraid.
2. I dont know, maybe I'm just a very "old fashioned" person I dont think that its very wise or good to get something permanently changed about your self for vanity purposes. Certainly something like a tatoo--where they are jabbing and stabbing you with needles left and right and you are perfectly awake and conscious. Plus, if theres nothing wrong with you--if you can appreciate and like the body you were born with, why would you want to change it? How can you be certain that you will like it in 10 years? What about when you have kids?
3. I think that having your face or body pierced and decorated with jewelry/spikes in a way that startles or disrupts the majority of society is a little unkind. You can have 7 peircings in your face if you want, but do you really HAVE to wear them all, all the time? Even to a restaurant or library where people want to focus on something?

I think that if were to get a temporary tattoo--the kind that washes off--it'd be a cartoon that conveys a thought or emotion--but in a serious and humourous way.
I dont have any peircings or tattoos, I'm too afriad of needles to submit to anyone puncturing me for anything other than the most dire or immediate medical purposes.

I had a hole in my head once, right where my sister stabbed me in the forehead with a pin because I was had a bump/pimple on my forehead that made me look a bit like a unicorn. That was the only time I' was stuck, albeit unknowingly besides for medical purposes.

EDIT: I'm about to go to bed. I can barely keep my eyes open. I hope this isn't too much rambling in there, I will fix it tomorrow, hopefully to be more clear.
gizmo_gal, I always appreciate your opinion..(thanx for pushing the thread along)..
Now, the things you wrote, I can understand as I'm very often faced with people that think that way..Tattoos and piercings are still a taboo here in Croatia, and there are times when people react very bad on me or my girlfriend, and it's just all about looks..
My girlfriend has lower lip, tongue, nose and many ear piercings, she has four tattoos (very cute and funny motives)..And I have six piercings in my left arm, and three (actually four) tattoos..
I can understand you don't like body modification for yourself, but logic behind it is little un-understandable for me..
I don't understand how can't you see why would people want to change something on their body..I'm really satisfied with the way I look, but I love tattoos, I'm into that stuff for long time, I've researched a lot about it, I'm confident in the whole process and the guy who's doing it, and I'm really sure the motive I want to have..so what is bad about that?
It's not about the fact if I'm going to like it in 10 years! Even if I'm changed and everything, it'll mark me for what I was, it'll be a significant part of my life..
What about kids? What's wrong with having a tattoo and a kid? It's not like I'm harming it in any way, I don't smoke never did, I don't do drugs, never did, I don't drink, I have before, but I stopped....Having a picture drown on my body is nothing terrifying or scary..
If my tattoos and piercings disrupts anyone, it's their problem, not mine..I'm perfectly satisfied with all that on myself and don't mind seeing it on other people, however, I'm bothered with people who use public transportation, and take their shirts off because it's hot and temperature is high....Nobody is making any problem with them, but I'm disrupting somone because of the picture on my leg?! Ridiculous if you ask me!
When I'm in the restaurant, there are lots of people that eat their food loudly, I think that's bad manners, and it bothers me..I never say anything, but people come to my girlfriend and ask some bad questions about her lip being pierced, and give her some bad time..I really don't see any logic here..Why would somebody be bothered with the way I decided to look? It doesn't make me a bad person....Do you think I'm a bad person?
I don't smell bad, I'm very polite, I rarely curse, I never use any opiums (drugs, alcohol, smokes), I never start a fight, I always make room for elderly people......Then why people feel need to come to me, and have bad remarks based on my tattoos, piercings, mohawk, studded leather jacket or my boots, when they know nothing about me, and I don't judge them based on their looks, when they actually look weird to me!
And please, don't feel offended by this, it's just the way I think about this matter!
smile.gif

What do you think of me? Would lack of things that make me who I am, make me a better person?

@Thug4L1f3, I'd really like to see better pictures of your tattoos, as they look very oldschool, and made in a non-professional way, I have a friend that has both hands and legs covered with such made tattoos, some funny shit you can find on him..
BTW, sorry to hear for your brother..

@xblackoutx, What kind of tattoos are you getting....some SxE tattoos, or what?

@L13SDE,what happened with stretching, it went bad? Are you planning on making something around that Slipknot logo (sorry if I mistaken it for some random tribal, but it looks like a Slipknot logo to me)..Maybe if you could post the pictures of that chest tattoo?

@wabsta, I didn't know that Holland has such law that allows 16 year olds to get a tattoo....Over here, only few tattoo shops will do you if you're under 18, but you have to come with your parents and get a permisiion from them..

@WildWon, I so like your posts, you always make me laugh..I know what you mean with girlfriend "not being happy with something like that"..My girlfriend hated my back tattoo at first, but she got used to it, and now she's loving it..The same goes for piercings and me, I never liked piercings that much, as I can't bring myself to look at pierced flesh and skin....But I really like the way she looks now, it's very sexy to me..
wink.gif

I'd like some better pictures from you, and if you ever get a tattoo, pictures!!

@Hiratai, I've seen quite a few tattoos with similar theme, and it could be pulled out really good.....There are such amazing artists that can do wonders with ink and skin..

@RayorDragonFall, nicely said, but I really think that gizmo_gal expressed herself a bit wrong, she did said she's very tired, and I'm really anticipating her answer, it's always a pleasure to talk with her..
What is that you call a helix piercing? We call things a little differently here, so I'm just wandering which part of body is it?

I'll post some pictures up...

...Double post, sorry for that, my internet is making me problems..

...WTF
wtf.gif
triple post....really, really sorry....I messed something up....If mods can delete this, please do..

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Thug4L1f3 said:
I'm thinking of having the red one filled in black with maybe some more art on it.
Aw, I like it in red
smile.gif
It works, and it's nice to see something different.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was walking onto a train in New jersey one time and saw this guy get out. He had all this stuff on his face - regular silver balls, rings, but the best were this blue lightning bolts that stuck out of his face. It was really cool looking because he had it arranged symmetrically and in a certain way so it wasn't just haphazard, plus it was blue lightning bolts coming out of his face! That's probably the best percings I've ever seen.

Haven't gotten anything myself yet (can't get a tat since I'm 14. I haven't decided on if I want a piercing yet but I should probably start with my ears, problem with that is my hair covers my ears 90% of the time :| )

[edit] my dad's got both his ears pierced and my mom has her ears and nose, so I know I could get those if I wanted...

Suranwrap

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have two 4 gauge tunnels in my ears (one in each). and I have 2 Tats, one with the Atari logo on my back, and one that says "Your Name" with a heart around it, on my butt.

The Your Name tat got me so much free beer. "I'd bet you a beer, i have your name tattooed to my ass!"

Edit: I also have a horseshoe in my nipple, I had it since I was 16, so I totally forget it is there.

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Mewgia, sounds really interesting, I never actually heard of lightning bolts piercings, must be some custom stuff..
The hair covering your ears could lead to some problems if you decide to do some un-ordinary ear piercings, so it could be a bit problem for you...But most of the girls have long hair, and none of the problems so, you should probably be fine..

Here are my other tattoos:
l_4b1b916f417321a598592e42bc66feac.jpg

Five minutes after finishing it, looked bad and it felt that way..

l_f965813cbeaa8c1b50f149d496854971.jpg

And this is the next day, bright, sharp and perfect..
This picture is actually my logo..I do lots of stuff for local bands, like covers, music videos, flyers, and than I use this picture, so everyone knows it's my work!! It0l like my trademark..

l_43f1b961428d426f1960dbb03ec5b8c0.jpg

My upper back done....You can see the mohawk fetus is placed in some kind of chamber now..
laugh.gif

l_9a4152d2911dcbcefc8c8b3b15cd41d0.jpg

Cable that pumps informations in my head..

l_48e4333e5162e61031e63c01770cb416.jpg

And this is the arm part..

Those pictures are the final proof of my radioactive-robot nature, for some non-believers out there..
As you can see there is the nuclear reactor in the left part of my back, and pneumatic pump in the right part of the back..

This tattoo was done out of three times in 14 hours of work..and it's just a small part of the whole thing I'm planning to complete in next 5-10 years..

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Toni, that looks awesome!

And it's superficial to judge someone because they have tattoos/piercings. Personally I don't think I would get one, but I can appreciate them on other people. I'd be more offended by someone talking with their mouth full than I would be by someone with body art
wink.gif

That reminds me of one time when I was in Japan and I sat down next to a guy with tattoos all over his neck and arms. Turns out he was a Yakuza (Japanese mafia), but when I asked him about his tattoo, he was actually really cool and told me all about the process. We ended up having a pretty long conversation about his tattoo, even though most Japanese people are scared to talk to Yakuza.

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi! Densetsu3000.....Thanks for those kind words..
shy.gif

I know you already seen my tattoos, so I really appreciate it you're coming here to talk..
laugh.gif

QUOTE said:
And it's superficial to judge someone because they have tattoos/piercings. Personally I don't think I would get one, but I can appreciate them on other people. I'd be more offended by someone talking with their mouth full than I would be by someone with body art..
That's just the way I think of it....Having your body modified in any way doesn't make you a different person..Someone could look totally normal, but be a dick, and on the other side, extremely tattooed people always turn out to be cool to talk to, and very nice and helpful...( I say most of the time, but not every time)..

You met Yakuza and talked about tattoos, wow, wicked....I've heard of Yakuza many times before..heard, that they are really badass.....I believe your nunchaku skills saved you from certain death after that talk..
rofl2.gif
just kiddin'

This are my piercings, I actually don't have any other except this six, as I'm not all that into piercings, but microdermals just got to me, and I had to do them......And I really like the way it looks..

Microdermali-1.jpg

Microdermali-2.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill