• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Texas abortion law forced women to carry a dead fetus for 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...democrats? wtf else would it mean? maybe aside from cancelled al fraken who just looked constipated the whole time, they all echo the same message, which is ironically ,everything you defined as communism
pepepoint-pepe.gif

OH NO NO NO LOOK AT THIS DOOD
THE RIGHT WINGER THINKS DEMOCRATS ARE LEFTISTS

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All that has to be said here.
We've got tabzer tabbing out of the conversation. Tabzer brushing out of the conversation. And now we got tabzer pressing that fancy replay button. Because the second time is better than the last.
Suddenly I hear melee noises in the back of my head. Salty runback?
I honestly think with how mad he gets in these threads that the repeat replies are just a coping mechanism.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cope is voting democrat and calling yourself a leftist.
Says a supporter of the minority party. Sorry, cupcake, but maybe your knowledge of US politics isn't that good, just like your knowledge of women, biological functions, how to be a decent human being, and how to be an effective troll are all tragically lacking. Don't get too down about it, I hear some countries have only a single party that allows others to exist but never to challenge their superiority so that it maintains dominance for decades. I don't know enough about those, but that sounds even more rough.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says a supporter of the minority party. Sorry, cupcake, but maybe your knowledge of US politics isn't that good, just like your knowledge of women, biological functions, how to be a decent human being, and how to be an effective troll are all tragically lacking. Don't get too down about it, I hear some countries have only a single party that allows others to exist but never to challenge their superiority so that it maintains dominance for decades. I don't know enough about those, but that sounds even more rough.
It's very amusing when people claim to be anti-government and then just exclusively back republican talking points and shittalk the democrats. The democrats like, literally do not do anything and yet people are out here convinced that the single laziest party in the world is some ultra evil, ultra corrupt group lmfao

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very amusing when people claim to be anti-government and then just exclusively back republican talking points and shittalk the democrats. The democrats like, literally do not do anything and yet people are out here convinced that the single laziest party in the world is some ultra evil, ultra corrupt group lmfao

The conservative leaning folk have to fight with feels, like BABY MURDER and MEN MUST BE MEN, WOMEN MUST BE WOMEN (property) or BELIEF IN CHRISTIAN GOD MUST SUPERCEDE ACTUAL LAW! If they didn't, they would have to acknowledge how they don't have any platforms that help the population at large, just gutting regulations for the owner class and privatizing everything.

Dems may not do much, but at least they can be brought to bow to public demands more consistently. They don't outright object to diversity of ethnic origins and gender, so they have to address it clearly. They don't object to higher taxes to keep things funded, so they can occasionally actually afford progress. Their opposition at this point is akin to a sad white boy trying to mansplain theocracy on a corner while grumbling about civil war if they don't get their way. Very sad stuff.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Projection game is strong. I'll let you know about the first time I vote in your "democracy".

Last edited by tabzer,
  • Haha
Reactions: Dakitten

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

all checks out to me.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way abortion should even be banned is if there is a super majority vote BY THE PEOPLE to do so. And even then, state leaders need to make exceptions to the rule, otherwise there will be casualties beyond an aborted child. Why the Republican party is still so dead set on keeping their religion in government is beyond me.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The only way abortion should even be banned is if there is a super majority vote BY THE PEOPLE to do so. And even then, state leaders need to make exceptions to the rule, otherwise there will be casualties beyond an aborted child. Why the Republican party is still so dead set on keeping their religion in government is beyond me.

Generally about %20 of the population elects a president in the US. How is an issue going to reach an actual consensus before making a law? How would you determine what laws need "super majority" if you are suggesting some laws don't need it?

If you want to get religion out of politics, you would need to get religion out of people. I don't think that's possible because as government attempts to control the zeitgeist, it re-creates the religion.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah! You're, as usual, wrong.

media%2FFa2ws_qWYAAge4C.jpg
You found 3 specific examples and 3 general "we hear" examples. Wanna bet you don't want to talk about the tens of millions of abortions performed not because of rape, incest or medical emergency, but of convenience over the last 5 decades? How many of those aborted babies were female? BIPOC? Gay? Lesbian? Trans?

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem and City

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least you admit that the aborted child is a casualty. I'm just not sure why you believe that is an acceptable casualty.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't a democracy just a simple majority or is the left changing the definition of a democracy too?

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zelensky just banned opposition political parties in Ukraine and we send him billions of dollars. So much for protecting democracy.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You found 3 specific examples and 3 general "we hear" examples. Wanna bet you don't want to talk about the tens of millions of abortions performed not because of rape, incest or medical emergency, but of convenience over the last 5 decades? How many of those aborted babies were female? BIPOC? Gay? Lesbian? Trans?

Are you literally saying that women can't decide what happens to their bodies, but somehow you can?

Weren't you one of the morons screeching " ma body ma rights" when it was time to talk about vaccines?

Also, I'm sure these 3 cases really appreciate you simply dismissing them as statistics. Are you a sociopath incapable of feeling empathy?

Reactions: Dakitten
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe