• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Texas abortion law forced women to carry a dead fetus for 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
its weird you claim to be so professional to and yet you resort to insults, how strange

"them are the people who pretend to care about you and claim they care about you but dont"
Lolcatzuru-san, please be realistic about your prospects here.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The fact that there are people who find this funny is the very reason why this section was a mistake. This is about another human being forced to carry a pregnancy of a dead fetus because old guys decided what others can and can’t do with their body. That’s fucked up and it’s fucked up that anyone would be ok with that.

Who says it's funny? You also missed the fact that the D&C wasn't illegal and it was a woman doctor that was in the frontline shutting her down.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how hard it is for you to say that I am interesting while you are trying to gatekeep online forums with your genitals. I accept the nod.
Genitals or a modicum of relevant knowledge and/or experiences. Sorry you don't qualify because you wallow in filth and ignorance, but hey, the choice to be a dumb troll is and always has been yours.

Not really a counter argument. I said you missed the point of me saying that not all women agree with you. You challenged me to consider how many women agree with you, and when I did, I realized that you are a fringe narcissist on gaming website talking about how you are the most equal person, fighting for women's rights in places where they aren't repressed.
You didn't agree with me, you simply stated some disagree so my point couldn't be valid. Fun fact: they're wrong, often because they've been indoctrinated by a patriarchal society into fighting against their own best interests just like most conservatives. You may even be included in this!

The fact that most women aren't here along with you or behave like you says enough.
Not sure if you've noticed, but not a lot of women really haunt this joint. I don't think I've had any women disagree with my points on here, however, and I certainly haven't had any women rub up against my views that I recall... and if I did, it was probably my views on Cuba or something unrelated. I have had a few agree with my points outright though, so... fail again, comrade.

its weird you claim to be so professional to and yet you resort to insults, how strange
I have no chill for stupid. Particularly with this topic, there is no quarter, no debate. Abortion bans are wrong and hurt people. If you're anti-choice, you're either stupid or a grifter abusing religious and cultural failures dating back for ages.

"them are the people who pretend to care about you and claim they care about you but dont"
Is this like, some kind of poorly worded conspiracy quote from somebody who can't read and write in english? I presume this is saying the left doesn't care about women somehow, to which I'd have to refute that they simply didn't call the abortion bans into being. I'm not a fan of the Democratic Party by any stretch, but at least in this instance the enemy of my enemy is my friend. The Republican Party and conservatives at large certainly don't "care" about women's health, as they've done nothing to advance it since well before my life began at the very least, so I obviously have no reason to presume they are my allies in any way, so... bad people standing for something slightly aligned with my well being versus horrible people dedicated to making my life harder due to a faith I do not belong to seems like simple math.

Who says it's funny? You also missed the fact that the D&C wasn't illegal and it was a woman doctor that was in the frontline shutting her down.
Pettifogging at its best. The gender of the doctor doesn't matter insofar as her concerns about the law ruining her life as a professional should she consider the request go. Is it selfish and cruel? Probably. Is it related to her gender how her career could end should she show mercy to this individual? Not at all. Should we hate all the doctors who refuse to act knowing everything they've worked for could immediately cease in turn? I'd like to hope not, but it'd be nice to see some pony up...

Can we all agree that abortion laws were a contributing cause for this and many other cases of unreasonable suffering? Absolutely, provided you aren't eating paint chips while watching conservative news and bending over backwards to justify the worst political views ever! :gun:

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genitals or a modicum of relevant knowledge and/or experiences. Sorry you don't qualify because you wallow in filth and ignorance, but hey, the choice to be a dumb troll is and always has been yours.

You didn't agree with me, you simply stated some disagree so my point couldn't be valid. Fun fact: they're wrong, often because they've been indoctrinated by a patriarchal society into fighting against their own best interests just like most conservatives. You may even be included in this!

Not sure if you've noticed, but not a lot of women really haunt this joint. I don't think I've had any women disagree with my points on here, however, and I certainly haven't had any women rub up against my views that I recall... and if I did, it was probably my views on Cuba or something unrelated. I have had a few agree with my points outright though, so... fail again, comrade.

I have no chill for stupid. Particularly with this topic, there is no quarter, no debate. Abortion bans are wrong and hurt people. If you're anti-choice, you're either stupid or a grifter abusing religious and cultural failures dating back for ages.

Is this like, some kind of poorly worded conspiracy quote from somebody who can't read and write in english? I presume this is saying the left doesn't care about women somehow, to which I'd have to refute that they simply didn't call the abortion bans into being. I'm not a fan of the Democratic Party by any stretch, but at least in this instance the enemy of my enemy is my friend. The Republican Party and conservatives at large certainly don't "care" about women's health, as they've done nothing to advance it since well before my life began at the very least, so I obviously have no reason to presume they are my allies in any way, so... bad people standing for something slightly aligned with my well being versus horrible people dedicated to making my life harder due to a faith I do not belong to seems like simple math.

Pettifogging at its best. The gender of the doctor doesn't matter insofar as her concerns about the law ruining her life as a professional should she consider the request go. Is it selfish and cruel? Probably. Is it related to her gender how her career could end should she show mercy to this individual? Not at all. Should we hate all the doctors who refuse to act knowing everything they've worked for could immediately cease in turn? I'd like to hope not, but it'd be nice to see some pony up...

Can we all agree that abortion laws were a contributing cause for this and many other cases of unreasonable suffering? Absolutely, provided you aren't eating paint chips while watching conservative news and bending over backwards to justify the worst political views ever! :gun:

well if you can't understand English, I'm required by the court of public opinion to tell you that that's fine and to carry on with it, but in all seriousness, I'm referring to people within the abortion crowd. I think you are allowing an admittedly unfortunate situation to cloud your judgement, not surprised, and are also making rash generalizations based on emotion, also not surprised, but as i said, the number speak for themselves, and i don't mean ethno math, real math, and as a professional you should know this. The left, and their constituents are latching onto something they have really no idea wtf their talking about and making it about them, that should bother you.

Also on a separate note, it doesn't matter if you have chill, you have to deal with it, yes there is quarter, yes there is debate, if you can't handle that, you dont have to post, and if you are anti free speech then you're either stupid or a grifter abusing religious and cultural failures dating back for ages.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you can't understand English, I'm required by the court of public opinion to tell you that that's fine and to carry on with it, but in all seriousness, I'm referring to people within the abortion crowd. I think you are allowing an admittedly unfortunate situation to cloud your judgement, not surprised, and are also making rash generalizations based on emotion, also not surprised, but as i said, the number speak for themselves, and i don't mean ethno math, real math, and as a professional you should know this. The left, and their constituents are latching onto something they have really no idea wtf their talking about and making it about them, that should bother you.
And this is why I called you a special kind of dumb. You can't explain yourself properly, and you can't understand your own failures. I'm still waiting on your sources that run contrary to my own, by the by. Thankfully, I'm a former school teacher, so let us play sentence dissection!

For starters, this is in quotes. There is no mention of whose quote this is, where or when it was from, or any context surrounding it. The sentence begins with a lack of capitalization, the first word should be "They" not "Them". I'd give this one a pass with the assumption that it is attempting southern dialect or some nonsense if we had any idea who said it and where they were from. There is an apostrophe missing in "Dont" between the n and t, and I'd probably endorse a rework of the end of the sentence in general as it kinda rambles. You'd do better with "but they don't care" followed by some punctuation... but this ignores the big elephant in the room, that you STILL aren't clarifying who "them" and "they" even are!

0 points, see the teacher after class. I recommend repeating the first grade. You'll get there eventually, I hope!

Also on a separate note, it doesn't matter if you have chill, you have to deal with it, yes there is quarter, yes there is debate, if you can't handle that, you dont have to post, and if you are anti free speech then you're either stupid or a grifter abusing religious and cultural failures dating back for ages.
I am here so I obviously am dealing with it, but I'm not here to convince you so much as make an example out of you. I am not anti-free speech, I'm against the idea that idiots running their mouths get to do so unchecked. On that note, your ending is adorable with how you're trying to use my own words against me without understanding what they mean. I'm not endorsing a position held by any particular faith or cultural background, and I'm unsure which of those endorses censorship in the way you are implying.

It is adorable how you've devolved into a discount @tabzer troll, but you're out of your depth.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this is why I called you a special kind of dumb. You can't explain yourself properly, and you can't understand your own failures. I'm still waiting on your sources that run contrary to my own, by the by. Thankfully, I'm a former school teacher, so let us play sentence dissection!

For starters, this is in quotes. There is no mention of whose quote this is, where or when it was from, or any context surrounding it. The sentence begins with a lack of capitalization, the first word should be "They" not "Them". I'd give this one a pass with the assumption that it is attempting southern dialect or some nonsense if we had any idea who said it and where they were from. There is an apostrophe missing in "Dont" between the n and t, and I'd probably endorse a rework of the end of the sentence in general as it kinda rambles. You'd do better with "but they don't care" followed by some punctuation... but this ignores the big elephant in the room, that you STILL aren't clarifying who "them" and "they" even are!

0 points, see the teacher after class. I recommend repeating the first grade. You'll get there eventually, I hope!

I am here so I obviously am dealing with it, but I'm not here to convince you so much as make an example out of you. I am not anti-free speech, I'm against the idea that idiots running their mouths get to do so unchecked. On that note, your ending is adorable with how you're trying to use my own words against me without understanding what they mean. I'm not endorsing a position held by any particular faith or cultural background, and I'm unsure which of those endorses censorship in the way you are implying.

It is adorable how you've devolved into a discount @tabzer troll, but you're out of your depth.

you aren't making an example out of me at all, all you are doing is proving your hyperbole, and sorry if english isnt my first language, racism is another quality you have I see, also, you claim to be professional, where did you go to medical school? i went to Hopkins, feel free to fail me.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you aren't making an example out of me at all, all you are doing is proving your hyperbole, and sorry if english isnt my first language,
racism is another quality you have I see, also, you claim to be professional, where did you go to medical school? i went to Hopkins, feel free to fail me.
MEANWHILE...
well if you can't understand English, I'm required by the court of public opinion to tell you that that's fine and to carry on with it, but in all seriousness, I'm referring to people within the abortion crowd.

Never brought up your race, comrade, just your inability to pump out a coherent thought utilizing the language you went with here after you insulted my proficiency in it. If you want to attribute that as an inability due to your racial background, that is your baggage. I do find it fairly amusing you claim to have gone to Hopkins given your performance in this thread, but that is your burden to prove and I don't rightly care. You obviously have no idea about relevant factors for the topic at hand and you haven't contributed any valuable insight or data, so you could be the mono-gendered president of the moon and it wouldn't make a difference.

Own your failure, it's the smart move here. I'd advise some apologies while you're at it to make yourself at least seem like a decent citizen of planet earth, but you can keep crapping in your bed like a toddler if that is what makes your Monday. I will be happy to keep outlining your flaws as time permits!

:wub:

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You didn't agree with me, you simply stated some disagree so my point couldn't be valid.

The point was that your gatekeeping based on what people have what genitalia is irrelevant to the ability to report on facts regarding this article (which you have not); not that you are wrong for having feelings that make you reminisce the trauma of politicians agreeing on things you don't like. The fact that women disagree with you is enough to demonstrate fault in your reliance on sexism as a gatekeeping method for conversation. Frankly, the fact that you are still attempting communication reveals that you are being deluded in your sense of authority, despite trying to employ sexism as a mechanism.

Not sure if you've noticed, but not a lot of women really haunt this joint.

That's kind of the point. There's a reason why most women don't come onto the internet, especially here, and bleed resentment. They generally don't agree. You can hang out on twitter and pretend that your opinion is popular, thus "right".

I have had a few agree with my points outright though, so... fail again, comrade.

That's sad, right after gloating that you are popular with the ladies, you end on this note.

You may be ham-fisted and brutish--and you might not have a lot attractive about you, but... the confidence act comes off too clingy and that's even worse. The way you talk is like you are eating everything in sight. It's greedy. No one would feel secure in a commune with you.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MEANWHILE...

Never brought up your race, comrade, just your inability to pump out a coherent thought utilizing the language you went with here after you insulted my proficiency in it. If you want to attribute that as an inability due to your racial background, that is your baggage. I do find it fairly amusing you claim to have gone to Hopkins given your performance in this thread, but that is your burden to prove and I don't rightly care. You obviously have no idea about relevant factors for the topic at hand and you haven't contributed any valuable insight or data, so you could be the mono-gendered president of the moon and it wouldn't make a difference.

Own your failure, it's the smart move here. I'd advise some apologies while you're at it to make yourself at least seem like a decent citizen of planet earth, but you can keep crapping in your bed like a toddler if that is what makes your Monday. I will be happy to keep outlining your flaws as time permits!

:wub:

not only am i not gonna do any of those things but fine, if it make me more of a martyr , i really didnt want to do this, but here we are. These are stats in JUST florida as of 2015 ( as an actual professional i can tell you, the numbers dont change much) 92% of all women got an abortion electively where you would fall into the .228% of women.... So this REALLY big group of people are trying to tell you that they understand and relate to you when the numbers arent even REMOTELY close, and yet you encourage the m to coopt your cause for some cause that you are too emotionally invested in, but let me ask you this, as someone morally superior, whats your stance on life? and i dont mean is a fetus alive life, someone being alive, are you 1 life lost is too much or theres room for error?

Attachments

• RZ2ck4ZoFsxFjAh2dXY4-w1JbNkxpapdWQyCJoLBCTk.png
    RZ2ck4ZoFsxFjAh2dXY4-w1JbNkxpapdWQyCJoLBCTk.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 38

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how this thread got deserted by pro-birther hypocrites.
Imagine saying that an ultrasound is invasive and actually believing it and then trying to make other people believe it. That's just straight up gaslighting.

When you start the topic off with an obvious lie, people are not gonna respond to it.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
Imagine saying that an ultrasound is invasive
I did pretty much mispeak. Sorry about that. Unless you want to count my janky logic of " having to do multiple ultra sounds when you already know the baby is dead is really invasive." Which I really wouldn't, and that's more of a retroactive fix . Traumatizing is the more accurate word here. Especially since well... Having to go through another ultra sound after the child is already known to be dead is... Just... Fucked. Especially if you end up having to do it again...
I am a dude, I can't possibly comprehend in full how that would feel but just... Yikes... I can't imagine how... disgruntaling? Excruatiating? Like a word beyond/stronger traumatizing essentially...
I can't imagine how that would feel. Or more so can't imagine it in full. Other than knowing it's extremely horrorible
Edit:devastated is the word I was looking for

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Imagine saying that an ultrasound is invasive and actually believing it and then trying to make other people believe it. That's just straight up gaslighting.

When you start the topic off with an obvious lie, people are not gonna respond to it.

Imagine desperately clinging to irrelevant details while trying to distract from the main issue.

Reactions: Dakitten

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine desperately clinging to irrelevant details while trying to distract from the main issue.
And why is it irrelevant? Because you say so?

Calling an ultrasound invasive is not irrelevant. It was a major part of the argument. In fact, it was the lead argument so it must have been important to @Nothereed.

• Haha

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Calling an ultrasound invasive is not irrelevant. It was a major part of the argument. In fact, it was the lead argument so it must have been important to @Nothereed.
was the "invasive" part that important? or acting as a descriptor?
She had to get several invasive ultra sounds, all to prove without a doubt that the fetus was dead. Otherwise the doctors would risk loosing their medical license. How the fuck is this not considered inhumane by the republican party?
If I removed the word "invasive" Which I already explained I misspoke earlier. It wouldn't change that she had to get multiple ultra sounds (three), with the knowledge that the fetus was already dead.

So no, it's not that important, as my argument doesn't hinge on that word. Really nice try on trying to wezel yourself out of it.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was the "invasive" part that important? or acting as a descriptor?

If I removed the word "invasive" Which I already explained I misspoke earlier. It wouldn't change that she had to get multiple ultra sounds (three), with the knowledge that the fetus was already dead.

So no, it's not that important, as my argument doesn't hinge on that word. Really nice try on trying to wezel yourself out of it.
It was important enough for you to include it in your argument.

So you are arguing against patients getting a second opinion. You do understand that doctors are only practicing medicine. They do make mistakes from time to time. One would think a mother would want to be absolutely sure before undertaking a procedure that cannot be reversed.

But we all know that the abortion cult does not care. The goal is to rip out as many babies limb from limb and cut as many spinal cords as possible.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
So you are against having a second opinion in making medical decisions. Interesting.
What the hell are you even talking about? You don't need a second opinion a week later to prove that in a ultrasound the baby is dead. One ultra sound is enough to prove it.
Unless your telling me that your expecting it to auto-magically a few days to a week later the heart starts up again, which biology would heavily disagree with that premise. If the heart stops for more than 30 minutes, it's very likely dead.

Reactions: Dakitten

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
But we all know that the abortion cult does not care. The goal is to rip out as many babies limb from limb and cut as many spinal cords as possible.
Why? What's the point?
No seriously.
Your insane if you think people want to do that shit.
So you are arguing against patients getting a second opinion.
except she didn't need a second opinion, the doctor did it to cover his ass because of shitty laws. He wouldn't have suggested trying to abort at home if he believed the baby was alive.
He only said he wouldn't, in fear of the prison sentence and the insane fee.

I'm going to suggest this once to you Trader. Only out of recent knowledge I found. I mean this sincerely.

Take a moment, step out of politics for a solid month.
Don't listen to any news, don't listen to any friends, or at least ask them to stop talking about politics, both in jokes and so on.

If you notice I do similar, I'm not always here in these forms.

after that month, comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY2j_GPIqRA +1