Hacking The Legend of Zelda BOTW DEMO being copied to an SD card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm actually confident that this is true, one of the "hackers" contacted this streamer and he was talking about how he could actually dump the game, without phisically touching the wii u. According to him, he can just boot up browser, start exploit, and let it run in the background. However, he mentioned how he had to rewrite the kernel or something (cant remember exactly)

If this is real, I'm buying a wii u.

EDIT: It could also be a network dump, doesn't *have* to be through SD
I have seen no source and no proof to back up the original claim and I'm not going to just trust some random person on their word when the internet is full of trolls. So do you have any proof? Does this information come from a reliable source? Do you know the source and personally trust them? Do you know who this "hacker" is?
I just find it hard to believe.
@Mathew_Wi made a very good point. The dumping speed would be limited by the wifi speed, at best you could get a few MB/s and it would still take an hour to dump. In fact you would probably not get anywhere near that much as the ddd thread states "It can takes few hours to dump a game through the network, as the network average speed is 800KB/s to 1MB/s." and with those speeds it would take 4-5 hours.
Even if someone managed to start the dumping without being spotted,
during the dumping process the game would be stuck on the logo screen and it wouldn't take long before someone sees it and thinks it's strange and then either promptly reboots the unit or decides to investigate further.
Sadly the chances of that being successfully pulled off given the limitations is infinitesimally small.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

jc5504

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen no source and no proof to back up the original claim and I'm not going to just trust some random person on their word when the internet is full of trolls. So do you have any proof? Does this information come from a reliable source? Do you know the source and personally trust them? Do you know who this "hacker" is?
I just find it hard to believe.
@Mathew_Wi made a very good point. The dumping speed would be limited by the wifi speed, at best you could get a few MB/s and it would still take an hour to dump. In fact you would probably not get anywhere near that much as the ddd thread states "It can takes few hours to dump a game through the network, as the network average speed is 800KB/s to 1MB/s." and with those speeds it would take 4-5 hours. During that whole time the game is stuck on the logo screen and it wouldn't take long before someone sees it and thinks it's strange and then either promptly reboots the unit or decides to investigate further.
Sadly it's not likely to happen.
I dont believe for a second that the "leak" is real, but I have to clarify that if he was dumping to the SD card, it would be dumping much faster than through wifi. Your only limit is the write speed of the Wii U and the write speed of the SD card.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I dont believe for a second that the "leak" is real, but I have to clarify that if he was dumping to the SD card, it would be dumping much faster than through wifi. Your only limit is the write speed of the Wii U and the write speed of the SD card.
Someone being able to gain physical access to the unit is even less likely to happen. I have never seen a demo unit that wasn't locked behind a display case and that is just the demo units at game stores, you can be sure the units at E3 are even better protected and heavily guarded.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, assuming a very fast 100 MB/s SD, about 3 minutes, plus 5-10 to set up. Still easily long enough to be noticed.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they leaked the skyward sword demo (which was awesome btw). I can only assume someone, somewhere, has leaked the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol