The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 is officially called Tears of the Kingdom, will be out this May

It wouldn't be Nintendo if a Direct didn't end on a dramatic reveal--Breath of the Wild 2 is back, and it has an official name now. It is now titled The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. There's a brief trailer that offers a glimpse at some new details, as well as most importantly, the game's release date. The game will be out on May 12, 2023.

GiR-Kart-64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, and I didn't even mention the lack of map markers, thereby not giving the player a sense of direction; feeling lost in a huge world ain't fun.
Very odd. I did my first play-through using map and fast travel. I determined that is was not a fun way to play, so on subsequent play-through's did not bother with map or use fast travel at all. I found it a much more enjoyable way to play to navigate by memory only. Never felt there was no sense of direction or felt totally lost. This is all subjective of course... It's open world. Go your own way (Just like that song!) When I play BotW2 "Tears of the Kingdom" will play no map or fast travel from the start.

Nor did i mention how the Gerudo are actively hostile and discriminatory towards men, yet that doesn't seem to matter, when vice-versa would and does generate a ton of outrage.
This I have to agree with.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tears of the United Kingdom - Nintendo is prophetic, when they launched Advanced War on 10th Sept 2001, 9/11 happened. 21 years later, Ukraine/Russian war happened and it again delayed the remake of the game. Covid also contributed to the success of Animal Crossing, seems like Nintendo either has the best of luck or the worst.

Last edited by Nincompoopdo,

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome! I want to see more pictures and video in this game and how bigger world will be. Tons of new areas, bosses, items, monsters, quests, side quests and secret places/areas. Hope this game will run on switch emulators on PC to see if find any performance issues or not.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looked practically the same as botw
Yep thats the game industry in the modern day. Asset reuse wherever possible. As long as they don't basically use the exact same models as these two games in the next one then it will be basically accepted. I mean look at OOT and MM.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You American's and other countries that use the same date format always confuses me.
Im reading it as 5th December 2023 (5.12.23).
Next year is next year. Blah.

It's better for your mental health to assume December and receive it earlier. Mitigate the disappointment of potential delays.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Btw, i see memes about this name, but are we sure it means tears as in those leaking from eyes?
It could also be like the princess who is torn between "going to war" and "whatever link's solution is", right?

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Btw, i see memes about this name, but are we sure it means tears as in those leaking from eyes?
It could also be like the princess who is torn between "going to war" and "whatever link's solution is", right?

Absolutely. I didn't actually hear it phonetically pronounced. I did like "Breath of the Skyward Sword" as an interim title.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Absolutely. I didn't actually hear it phonetically pronounced. I did like "Breath of the Skyward Sword" as an interim title.
Wouldn't make sense though since the skyward sword became known as the master sword ages ago at the time of botw

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wouldn't make sense though since the skyward sword became known as the master sword ages ago at the time of botw
It's purely tongue-in-cheek based on what we saw of the gameplay. If you want to dive, it isn't impossible for the name to be recalled and having history re-examined.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's purely tongue-in-cheek based on what we saw of the gameplay. If you want to dive, it isn't impossible for the name to be recalled and having history re-examined.
They might be the dozens of islands that were still floating in the sky after Skyloft fell, i don't think all those other islands fell at the same time

tranceology3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Limited stamina did nothing but force the player to play around an arbitrary gauge, and wait for it to refill when it was empty or nearly so; it just wasn't fun at all. Waste of time, that; there's a reason why no Legend of Zelda game save Skyward Sword utilised this godawful mechanic - it actively reduces player enjoyment. No need for it.

As for weapon/shield fragility, that made all the well-hidden gear and gear rewards feel utterly worthless, since they were all going to break in a mere handful of swings or shots or blocks. Not even the Master Sword escaped this horrific treatment. Skyward Sword had shield fragility, but you could repair damaged shields, there was a shield bar showing durability, and the lategame Hylian Shield was unbreakable - so it did this far better than BotW did. I understand it was done to force the player to experiment with different weapons, but what if they didn't want to? Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey had multiple weapon varieties, that the player could experiment with if they wanted to, but they also allowed you to keep and strengthen weapons if you didn't, since their weapons were all unbreakable.

Oh, and I didn't even mention the lack of map markers, thereby not giving the player a sense of direction; feeling lost in a huge world ain't fun. I, for one, like to know what my goal is, where I'm heading, what to expect, and map markers accomplish all three. Sure, don't flood the map with them like Ubisoft does, but don't all but strip the game of them like BotW did.
Nor did i mention how the Gerudo are actively hostile and discriminatory towards men, yet that doesn't seem to matter, when vice-versa would and does generate a ton of outrage.

I just want GOOD Legend of Zelda games, like what Nintendo used to make. Games that are fun to play, and don't have active hindrances and limitations in what the player can do. An open-world LoZ game can be done right, but BotW wasn't it.
Interestly, everything you didnt like is what made BOTW one of the best Zelda games for me to play. The large map, leaving many hours to explore got me so excited.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7