• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The U.S. is more dangerously divided than any other wealthy democracy. Is there a way back from the brink? (Yascha Mounk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many coups has the left tried, again? Zero? And how many coups has the right tried? Huh...
Maybe not a coup, but the left tried to secede from the Union and started the Civil War.
Oh and if you're going to make all those claims, you gotta include sources. Facts don't care about your feelings and all that.
Too bad you aren't curious enough to search for yourself. I gave you plenty of terms to Google. Now run off and learn something.

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe not a coup, but the left tried to secede from the Union and started the Civil War.

Too bad you aren't curious enough to search for yourself. I gave you plenty of terms to Google. Now run off and learn something.
that's not how it works buddy. If YOU are going to make a claim in an argument, it is YOUR responsibility to back up that claim with evidence and reasoning.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since i'm dutch living in the netherlands, i might be completely wrong about the USA...
but when i was you i had 4 news channels:
  • The news papers: relaiable to a certain point, you knew they already took a stance before reports.
  • TV: most peale had just regular analogue antenna so only state approved news.
  • Radio: total chaos, you went up a KHz and they told you the excact opposite story.
  • The street: mostly for, the new illigal hardware/software mods.
Today it's a mess:
  • we've got the web: HTTPS, known name... but its just gossip, there's no source, half the stories are pulled back later...
If it's the same in the USA as here, i do understand the differences, for we all get fed up with not hearing whole stories, there is no factchecking possible without a source, and i do understand you don't trust your government to be trustworthy.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's not very libertarian of you man, you need to respect his first amendment right to tag you. If it bothers you, then it's your responsibility to fix it.

What is the libertarian view on verbal harassment? What rights does it violate, if any? (n.d.). Quora. https://qr.ae/prneR7

Post automatically merged:

cite a source man
Just because you have liberty doesn't mean that there are not consequences to your actions if they are willfully harmful to another person. You HAVE the liberty to get drunk. You even have the liberty, technically, to go driving when you are beyond the legal limit. But, if you do, you have already accepted that if your actions cause potential harm to others, there will be consequences for them.

You're trying to compare libertarianism to anarchy. We still have rules. We're just not going to repeatedly force them down your throat, until you harm someone else.

You are also COMPLETELY missing my sardonicism. I am not the kind of guy who screams "NO! NO! I SAID NO!" when someone does something I don't like. I was being patently, obviously, annoyingly facetious when I was doing that. DId that escape you? It went over your head, didn't it? It did.

I'll spell it out for you. I was openly making a gross parody of exactly what the left does when someone says something they don't like. It's the Karen at the airport screaming "RAPE!" when the cop goes to arrest her for causing a scene.

Are we up to speed now, chum? We good?

Last edited by CraddaPoosta,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: CraddaPoosta

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot 2022-12-29 142919.png

Do you really want these guys to be backing up your claims? Just sayin

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 344968
Do you really want these guys to be backing up your claims? Just sayin
Oh, a far left media outlet who is losing subscribers and readership is calling another publication alt-right. Why should I trust what they say when nobody else is trusting what they say?

What exactly are you disputing here? That the Senate building was bombed? That is was bombed by far leftist terrorists? That it happened in 1983? Point out something in the story that is not true. I don't care if you like the source or not. You said something about facts and feelings earlier. I think it applies here.

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, a far left media outlet who is losing subscribers and readership is calling another publication alt-right. Why should I trust what they say when nobody else is trusting what they say?

What exactly are you disputing here? That the Senate building was bombed? That is was bombed by far leftist terrorists? That it happened in 1983? Point out something in the story that is not true. I don't care if you like the source or not. You said something about facts and feelings earlier. I think it applies here.
I'm saying that the source does not seem reliable. Oh and it isnt just one source, if you look at the screenshot you can see that it cites 5 sources just for the claim that it is white supremacist.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm saying that the source does not seem reliable. Oh and it isnt just one source, if you look at the screenshot you can see that it cites 5 sources just for the claim that it is white supremacist.
Facts matter more than sources.

Evil men have told the truth. The truth is the truth, no matter where it comes from.

There might be a different spin put on it, depending on who is relating said truth, and there may be an agenda behind it, but a fact is a fact is a fact. This is why it's important to research things from as many sides as possible, always.

The truth is the nugget left behind after you wash off all the bullshit.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It'll be interesting to see Ukraine beat a bigger, stronger country with enough nukes to make every square mile of Ukraine the same as Chernobyl. Nobody seems interested to sit down and talk, except for Putin. There's nothing wrong with at least trying to sit down and talk. Why is everybody completely against this?

Did Zelenskyy ever apologize for shooting missiles into your country and killing Polish citizens, because he just did the same to Belarus.
There’s nothing to talk about. As for the missiles, they were shot down debris. Ukraine maintains they were Russian, but our investigation in Poland says otherwise. The matter is complicated as the two sides use the same hardware to a large extent. Time will tell how it shakes up - it was clearly an accident either way.
why would you stop the seething, it's fucking hilarious
please don't white knight for me thank you
We have community standards, and they’re binding for all users, including yourself. If you’re inviting the flaming, you’re welcome to take it to your profile where it won’t derail the discussion.

The topic IS about the division in America, and the "transgender" social justice war is a major component of that.

Pointing out specific examples of people belonging to that "community" being less-than-friendly, stalking people, trolling them, inentionally trying to bait them and all of the other wonderful things that SOME of these folks do is 100% on-topic.

The other day, CommanderCool was calling people retards and directly, openly flaming anyone who didn't agree with him. He didn't get a warning. He got a "topic cleanup". I wonder why you made that decision? Pretty sure calling someone a RETARD is absolutely against the ToS.

We are divided because SOME folks on the left refuse to obey the same rules they want to enforce on others.

Discuss.
You don’t actually know what was and was not discussed with that user since moderation isn’t public. It’s also final and not up to debate.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Point out something from the source that is wrong or just move on. I'm not gonna sit here and argue over mUh SoUrCeS with you.

I'm not required to use your preferred sources. I just clicked on the first link that popped up and scanned the story to make sure it was factual to what I remembered.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The U.S. has never invaded Ukraine, Russia has. If the Ukrainian people wanted to overthrow their government, that’s their business.
So if the American people wanted to overthrow theirs, see Jan6, it would be ok for Russia to financially and logicstically support that, right?

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There’s nothing to talk about. As for the missiles, they were shot down debris. Ukraine maintains they were Russian, but our investigation in Poland says otherwise. The matter is complicated as the two sides use the same hardware to a large extent. Time will tell how it shakes up - it was clearly an accident either way.
If it was truly an accident, then there should have been an apology.

It looks like these people are trying to start World War III instead of sitting down and talking.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So if the American people wanted to overthrow theirs, see Jan6, it would be ok for Russia to financially and logicstically support that, right?
History is written by the victors, is it not? That’s of course assuming the January 6th rioters were actually intending to overthrow the government and weren’t in the throes of a sudden influx of collective stupidity, and the F.B.I. found scant evidence of that being the case.
If it was truly an accident, then there should have been an apology.

It looks like these people are trying to start World War III instead of sitting down and talking.
We know for a fact that it was an accident based on the collected fragments and the trajectory.

Last edited by Foxi4,

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One component to all of this I think a lot of people miss is the fact that most of the western world, America, in particular, has become absolutely desensitized to all of this.

To suffering. To mass shootings. To pandemic outbreaks. To overseas wars. To the loss of hundreds of thousands of lives. To politicians blaming other politicians when we don't respond correctly to a national weather disaster.

A lot of us are just beyond numb, and we don't give a fuck anymore. We're circling the wagons, keeping that circle small and tight, choosing to take care of and protect our own, and trying to block out the rest of the noise.

A lot of us just want to be left alone to do exactly that, while the kids fight it out amongst themselves. As long as no one is bleeding, let 'em fight. That's how I was raised. As long as no one is honestly trying to hurt the other, let the kids scrap, then shake hands and hug it out afterwards.

Just leave the rest of us who don't feel like playing THE FUCK ALONE.

That's what liberty means to me. Cheers.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
History is written by the victors, is it not? That’s of course assuming the January 6th rioters were actually intending to overthrow the government and weren’t in the throes of a sudden influx of collective stupidity, and the F.B.I. found scant evidence of that being the case.
Please answer the question. Would it be ok for Russia to support a revolution in the US?
(And yes, history is written by the victors. Kiev wanted to challange Moscow and might be swallowed by Poland, Hungary and Russia.)

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One component to all of this I think a lot of people miss is the fact that most of the western world, America, in particular, has become absolutely desensitized to all of this.

To suffering. To mass shootings. To pandemic outbreaks. To overseas wars. To the loss of hundreds of thousands of lives. To politicians blaming other politicians when we don't respond correctly to a national weather disaster.

A lot of us are just beyond numb, and we don't give a fuck anymore. We're circling the wagons, keeping that circle small and tight, choosing to take care of and protect our own, and trying to block out the rest of the noise.

A lot of us just want to be left alone to do exactly that, while the kids fight it out amongst themselves. As long as no one is bleeding, let 'em fight. That's how I was raised. As long as no one is honestly trying to hurt the other, let the kids scrap, then shake hands and hug it out afterwards.

Just leave the rest of us who don't feel like playing THE FUCK ALONE.

That's what liberty means to me. Cheers.
Words typed by someone who got his opinions on politics from a show about children btw

Not that libertarians don't already have amusing views on age of consent laws :^)

Last edited by LainaGabranth,

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Foxi4 , didn't you just warn a specific user not to do what this user just did?

Just bringing it to your attention. It sounded an awful lot like you advised that any personal discussions should be kept off of this topic to keep it decluttered, and because directly flamebaiting is against the ToS. As is making an insinuation that I have relationships with minors. That is a vile and horrible accusation.

Based on context, and being the only person this individual could possibly be directing this toxic, reprehensible statement towards, I feel attacked, personally. I don't believe such a comment is relevant or helpful to this discussion, and that it definitely violates the clearly posted rules of this forum.

Last edited by CraddaPoosta,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Please answer the question. Would it be ok for Russia to support a revolution in the US?
(And yes, history is written by the victors. Kiev wanted to challange Moscow and might be swallowed by Poland, Hungary and Russia.)
If there actually was one? Sure, why not. I’m pretty sure it would sour international relationships should said uprising lose. For the record, when the United States rebelled against King George, Poles supported the founding fathers. Tadeusz Kościuszko was one of the more famous foreign Revolutionary War generals - he sailed over to the newfound States in 1776 along with a contingent of soldiers and enlisted with the Continental Army as a colonel, he was quickly promoted to Brigadier General. He was originally tasked with fortifying and defending the Delaware river, there’s a statue at Fort Billington commemorating his contributions to the war effort.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tadeusz_Kościuszko

There’s also general Kazimierz Pułaski, who’s considered the “father of American cavalry”. The title alone says it all as far as his contributions are concerned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_Pulaski

The government at the time didn’t take an official stance (on account of more relevant troubles at home), but individual military men spared no expense supporting the revolution against who they perceived to be an unjust king.
I feel attacked, personally.
Maybe you should report it then.

The conversation ends here. You can all act like grown-ups and move along or you can test your luck some more - that would be ill-advised.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't even make sense as an objection. Who cares if Russia supported a coup in the US? It was a coup in the US FIRST. That's more important to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols