Things you recently bought or got

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Was never into poke-the-man, but temporary tattoos in general has just hit a nice childhood nostalgia trigger for me. Are they still a thing these days?
we used to call them "Calquitos" was a thing of our childhood, today the kids seems to do not like them. sometimes because some years ago was a hoax about cartels distributing drugs on that type of temporary tattoos.

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got the headphones for free from a Amazon seller who randomly e-mailed me. He even sent me the gift cards to buy them.

Purchased a cheap budget pc monitor for my Xbox series / steam deck to free up some space on my table.

Attachments

• 20230910_164002.jpg
    20230910_164002.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230908_231953_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230908_231953_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 18

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally going to get around to fixing the Joy Cons on my Switch. Try as I might, I just can’t get used to the Hori Joy Cons my wife got me.
@AKNES

Very disappointed. I purchased the Gulikit Joy Con Hall Effect sensors on Amazon. The kit itself came very well packaged with two sensors, a tri-wing screwdriver, a jewelers Phillips screwdriver, and every single replacement screw you could need. It even replaced the tri-wing screws with Phillips screws.

Just one problem. One of the Phillips screws broke when I was attempting to screw it back down. I wasn’t even close to being fully seated with the screw and very little tension was actually being applied when it broke. Of course it broke flat with the standoff so I’m not quite sure how I’m going to extract it. Even still, I could look past this.

Neither sensor works. Each sensor has a dead zone on full extension of the stick. On the left Joy Con, that dead zone is fully left. On the right Joy Con, that dead zone is fully down. Neither registers a full swing but gets very close.

Alright, I could probably even deal with that to be honest. Really. But neither sensor is accurate either. The left Joy Con’s resting spot is about 3mm off center to the right. It actually will just start scrolling the cursor to the right when not touching the Joy Con. The right Joy Con is exactly the same.

I wanted to like this. Very much so. Installing them was super easy. But they just don’t work. Neither of them. As such, I will likely be asking Amazon for a refund.

Edit: Amazon had no issue with the refund. They’re going back tomorrow. My review went up on Amazon as well. It’s exactly the same as here.

Attachments

• IMG_0439.jpeg
    IMG_0439.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0438.mov
    19.5 MB
  • IMG_0440.jpeg
    IMG_0440.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Last edited by rcpd,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@AKNES

Very disappointed. I purchased the Gulikit Joy Con Hall Effect sensors on Amazon. The kit itself came very well packaged with two sensors, a tri-wing screwdriver, a jewelers Phillips screwdriver, and every single replacement screw you could need. It even replaced the tri-wing screws with Phillips screws.

Just one problem. One of the Phillips screws broke when I was attempting to screw it back down. I wasn’t even close to being fully seated with the screw and very little tension was actually being applied when it broke. Of course it broke flat with the standoff so I’m not quite sure how I’m going to extract it. Even still, I could look past this.

Neither sensor works. Each sensor has a dead zone on full extension of the stick. On the left Joy Con, that dead zone is fully left. On the right Joy Con, that dead zone is fully down. Neither registers a full swing but gets very close.

Alright, I could probably even deal with that to be honest. Really. But neither sensor is accurate either. The left Joy Con’s resting spot is about 3mm off center to the right. It actually will just start scrolling the cursor to the right when not touching the Joy Con. The right Joy Con is exactly the same.

I wanted to like this. Very much so. Installing them was super easy. But they just don’t work. Neither of them. As such, I will likely be asking Amazon for a refund.
Hello there, please make a full calibration of each joycon on the console, and if you have trouble with the kit let them to know to aknes on the thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/hall-effect-sensor-joycon-sticks-on-amazon.624698/ may be there you can get support and or a replacement.

For me was very straight forward was just like changing the normal sticks and the calibration was so easy what I can't believe it

Also you can try editing the deadzone values using JoyCon Toolkit

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tool-joy-con-toolkit.478560

Reactions: xoINARIox and AKNES

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, please make a full calibration of each joycon on the console, and if you have trouble with the kit let them to know to aknes on the thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/hall-effect-sensor-joycon-sticks-on-amazon.624698/ may be there you can get support and or a replacement.

For me was very straight forward was just like changing the normal sticks and the calibration was so easy what I can't believe it

Also you can try editing the deadzone values using JoyCon Toolkit

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tool-joy-con-toolkit.478560
They’re calibrated. I can’t center them. Resting zone is slightly off to the right. So far off that the cursor scrolls to the right even when not being touched.

In fact, fully fitting them into the Joy Con and securing the shell casing screws made the resting zone worse.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: AKNES

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you are either no doing it correctly, or you got a faulty one, I did two set so far and they work fine.
I’ve calibrated both sticks in Settings. Afterwords, as the instructions say, I’ve rebooted the Switch. Each time it reboots with both sticks in the same resting zone, about 3mm off center to the right.

Each time, the edge of the sticks have a dead zone fully left on the left stick and fully down on the right stick. I tried all of this several times before even posting. I’m pretty sure they’re bad.

Plus their damn screw broke off in my Joy Con. There’s like 4 whole threads in it. Most of the screw is still outside the Joy Con.

Edit: I managed to get the screw out with super glue and a metal dowel rod. I don’t know if @AKNES knew something like this could happen but they did give me one extra casing screw, so…

Even better news? I was frustrated so I turned the Switch off. Left it off while I made some tea. When I came back I turned it back on but I didn’t let it boot to Atmosphere. Joy Cons work flawlessly now. Centers up perfect and no edge dead zones. So I rebooted back into Atmosphere. Same. They work great.

Not sure what changed. I did remove them to see if perhaps I seated the ribbon cables improperly. Maybe I did because when I put them back in they worked perfectly fine.

Last edited by rcpd,
Reactions: AKNES

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve calibrated both sticks in Settings. Afterwords, as the instructions say, I’ve rebooted the Switch. Each time it reboots with both sticks in the same resting zone, about 3mm off center to the right.

Each time, the edge of the sticks have a dead zone fully left on the left stick and fully down on the right stick. I tried all of this several times before even posting. I’m pretty sure they’re bad.

Plus their damn screw broke off in my Joy Con. There’s like 4 whole threads in it. Most of the screw is still outside the Joy Con.

Edit: I managed to get the screw out with super glue and a metal dowel rod. I don’t know if @AKNES knew something like this could happen but they did give me one extra casing screw, so…

Even better news? I was frustrated so I turned the Switch off. Left it off while I made some tea. When I came back I turned it back on but I didn’t let it boot to Atmosphere. Joy Cons work flawlessly now. Centers up perfect and no edge dead zones. So I rebooted back into Atmosphere. Same. They work great.

Not sure what changed. I did remove them to see if perhaps I seated the ribbon cables improperly. Maybe I did because when I put them back in they worked perfectly fine.

I got this model #GuliKit NS40

https://www.amazon. com/gp/product/B0BQ2FCQ9N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Reactions: AKNES and impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/UlLG4NKrE1A?si=RcoQaZShtXQhcyHJ