Not open for further replies.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
This would have been a better release on the DS. I'm glad nintendo have kept up support on the GBA but its getting long in the tooth now.

i agree, the GBA is taking its last breaths atm, they should have done it for the DS, and do it 1,2,4 and 6 wen they do it

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
This totally caught me by surprise!

I'm still half asleep from watching Lucky Number Sleven last night....

But I think I'll pass from what everyone is saying...

As far as the debate on this game being on the GBA, I say that it belongs there. This game is not DS worthy because its not completely redone like FF III was. I wish they would have given FF VI the DS treatment though....
frown.gif

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
This totally caught me by surprise!

I'm still half asleep from watching Lucky Number Sleven last night....

But I think I'll pass from what everyone is saying...

As far as the debate on this game being on the GBA, I say that it belongs there. This game is not DS worthy because its not completely redone like FF III was. I wish they would have given FF VI the DS treatment though....
frown.gif

i ment they should do all the games like 3, redo them and put em on the ds

Euronymous

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Does this one have major slowdown problems like final fantasy iv advance does? Just try flying in the airship in FFIV advance and you will see what I mean.

I am currently playing FFIV advance right now and there is no slowdowns, and I have the "Enterprise" and am currently zooming all over the map. See sig for the hardware used.

The real game has _some_ slowdowns, more like delays on button presses and such. Even the FAQ's on gamefaqs mention them.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FF5 is probably my favourite final fantasy of the lot.

As for this release it appears to be overdumped, correct size is 64mbit.

PURPLEMUSTANG

Trophies
XP
Country
FF6 Had a great storyline and I would love to have seen it remade instead of FFIII.Imagine kefka with ff7 graphics!

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dam it, always releasing it on the GBA, the DS is replacing the GBA, slowly but surely... can't they do a FF3 and remake it, and 1,2,4,6 on the DS?
I wanna play them all, but id love to see it FF3 style

I'd rather they did all those for GBA and then 7,8 and 9 for DS. Maybe even Xenogears and/or Chrono Trigger.

The PSX ones have no chance, do they? Are they owned by or have exclusivitiy with Sony or can Square do what they want with them?

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Does this one have major slowdown problems like final fantasy iv advance does? Just try flying in the airship in FFIV advance and you will see what I mean.

Really? I never experienced any slowdown while playing FFIV, not even flying on the airship. I use EZ-Flash II Powerstar for playing all my GBA games. Never had any slowdown with any game I played on it.

The game itself is really messed up. It's very noticable in battle, where many times one character will have multiple turns before others even thou all of them have their ATB full. I don't mean just turns in a row, I mean say Cecil and Kain have their ATB full, and Cecil goes first, than say two monsters go, Cecils ATB fills up again before Kain gets a turn again. I've had fights where certain characters never get their turns, where the bosses never even got to attack. Besides the ATB, it's just button press lag. The game is said to be glitched like this because Square got lazy and simply emulated the Neo Geo Pocket version to work on GBA, rather than porting it from the ground up.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dam it, always releasing it on the GBA, the DS is replacing the GBA, slowly but surely... can't they do a FF3 and remake it, and 1,2,4,6 on the DS?
I wanna play them all, but id love to see it FF3 style

I'd rather they did all those for GBA and then 7,8 and 9 for DS. Maybe even Xenogears and/or Chrono Trigger.

The PSX ones have no chance, do they? Are they owned by or have exclusivitiy with Sony or can Square do what they want with them?
I guess Square can do what the want with them. Chrono Trigger appeared on the SNES and a version appeared on the PS. I wouldn't like the idea of 7,8,9 on the DS.

cfigueiredo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Eh... even the REAL CART has slowdowns, are you saying the EZ-Flash II is better than the real cart? o.O

No Pikachu025, that is not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that I played this game through and did not notice any slowdown. If they were present, they must have been so insignificant that I did not notice them.

Sherv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of FF5, how are the other remakes (specifically FF 1 and 2?) Are they worth playing. I played FF4 but i idn't get what was sooo great.

I enjoyed the novelty of playing the remake of FF1 but the revamped magic system made the game ludicrously easy...I mean, REALLY easy. Definitely worth playing though, it's a fun nostalgia trip that makes for a new experience as well (if that makes any sense...)

The remake of FF2 is great, it's much better/faster paced than the original NES game (played the J2E translation or whomever translated it...Neo Demiforce?) and the kinky levelling system seems to be polished off.

Man, I love FF4 with all my heart, even more so than 6 for some reason....it always felt more epic to me (yes, despite the world of ruin and such). Is that really true about the European version not having the lag and issues as the US?

FF5 is fantastic in terms of gameplay and boss battles, there are a ton and the combinations of job classes can be great (although I admit to never bothering to use the chemist, animal trainer, dancer, or...bard? magic knight? one of those...oh, I think it was the hunter). The story is incredibly hackneyed and generic, even as far as FF games go, but it was a blast to play.

I'm looking forward to FF3...I dragged my feet through that when the translation patch was released in mid 98 or so. It's a great game, pretty large world and the first inception of the job system, and while I admit to first being wary of the remake, I'm pretty confident that it'll turn out great! Any idea how it's done in Japan?

I'll also sheepishly admit to loving the fact that they've added bestiary's to the games...I love trying to collect and find all the monsters (and yet I can't stand pokemon, go figure).

Hairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it'd take too much time, effort, and money to remake FFIV,V,VI for the DS in FFIII style. But i agree, it'd be rockin to see FFVII,VIII,IX,Xenogears, or Chrono Trigger to be remade for the DS >_>

|WickeD&#12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would love to see Xenogears redone, they do have a xenosaga in japan for the DS its pretty F'n cool too not as good as FF3s remake was but still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night