Not open for further replies.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
ok, maybe not remade like FF3, but how about a DS cart with 1,2,4&5 on it?
that'd be kwl, (almost) all the games on one cart

whens the english version out?

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of FF5, how are the other remakes (specifically FF 1 and 2?) Are they worth playing. I played FF4 but i idn't get what was sooo great.

you played ff4 and didn't get what was so great? man, sucks to be you
tongue.gif

Gnat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Does this one have major slowdown problems like final fantasy iv advance does? Just try flying in the airship in FFIV advance and you will see what I mean.

Really? I never experienced any slowdown while playing FFIV, not even flying on the airship. I use EZ-Flash II Powerstar for playing all my GBA games. Never had any slowdown with any game I played on it.

I didn't have any slowdowns on my EZF3 either, you're not playing on a supercard are you?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this one have major slowdown problems like final fantasy iv advance does?  Just try flying in the airship in FFIV advance and you will see what I mean.

Really? I never experienced any slowdown while playing FFIV, not even flying on the airship. I use EZ-Flash II Powerstar for playing all my GBA games. Never had any slowdown with any game I played on it.

I didn't have any slowdowns on my EZF3 either, you're not playing on a supercard are you?

Nope, M3 now and before that F2A Ultra. By slowdowns I mean compared to the original SNES one as apparently the original GBA cart also has some slowdown as well.

edgeblade69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why people love 6 so much, 4 is clearly the superior SNES FF. And yes I've played/completed both. 6 I must've started and stopped 3 or 4 times before I finally finished it, it just didn't draw me in like 4 did. I guess it was overly complex and/or had too many characters. Yes, there is such a thing. It left them with incomplete/not well fleshed out stories and thus there was not as strong an attachment as there was with FF4's. FF5 was ok, it was just there.
I'd love to see a sequel to FF4 personally. And I believe one of the recent issues of Nintendo Power mentions that FF5 GBA will have redone audio, a new end-game dungeon, etc. I don't think they went into much more detail than that.

Psxphile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So unusual for me to reply.

FFV Advance includes one new 50 floor dungeon (I think it was 50), new enemies (about 100 more, mostly pallette swaps I'm sure), 3 new job classes, possible new uber weapons for each class (if it follows FFIVa's direction), and at least one new ultra-tough optional boss (Enuo... yes, that guy).

forkyfork

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm totally in the minority, but ff4 just seemed .... not epic. The story didn't draw me in like I was expecting it would. It felt like very minimal dialogue. And everyone in my party kept on leaving!!!

I liked Chrono Trigger better
smile.gif

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does this one have major slowdown problems like final fantasy iv advance does? Just try flying in the airship in FFIV advance and you will see what I mean.

The game itself is really messed up. It's very noticable in battle, where many times one character will have multiple turns before others even thou all of them have their ATB full. I don't mean just turns in a row, I mean say Cecil and Kain have their ATB full, and Cecil goes first, than say two monsters go, Cecils ATB fills up again before Kain gets a turn again. I've had fights where certain characters never get their turns, where the bosses never even got to attack. Besides the ATB, it's just button press lag. The game is said to be glitched like this because Square got lazy and simply emulated the Neo Geo Pocket version to work on GBA, rather than porting it from the ground up.

QUOTE(sixb0nes @ Oct 8 2006, 11:12 PM)
I believe all of those issues were fixed in the Euro release of ff4, including the slowdowns and sluggish menu.

Well I've used the (E) release of FF:IV on my M3 without any slowdown at all, so maybe it's just the (U) release that has all these issues
unsure.gif

Malcan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cidhighwind.net
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm totally in the minority, but ff4 just seemed .... not epic. The story didn't draw me in like I was expecting it would. It felt like very minimal dialogue. And everyone in my party kept on leaving!!!

I liked Chrono Trigger better
smile.gif

Ok, think about when it was first made. The 90s.
In fact, to be more precise, 1991 was the first release.

Don't expect much to change if it didn't change much by 1997.

In all honesty FFIV is my favorite FF game.

Kezane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To each his own - even if he feels that FFIV doesn't have the best of plots, he is entitled his opinion, even considering how old the game is.

My personal favourite is FFV[thislol], and its story is weak as hell.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this one have major slowdown problems like final fantasy iv advance does?  Just try flying in the airship in FFIV advance and you will see what I mean.

The game itself is really messed up. It's very noticable in battle, where many times one character will have multiple turns before others even thou all of them have their ATB full. I don't mean just turns in a row, I mean say Cecil and Kain have their ATB full, and Cecil goes first, than say two monsters go, Cecils ATB fills up again before Kain gets a turn again. I've had fights where certain characters never get their turns, where the bosses never even got to attack. Besides the ATB, it's just button press lag. The game is said to be glitched like this because Square got lazy and simply emulated the Neo Geo Pocket version to work on GBA, rather than porting it from the ground up.

QUOTE(sixb0nes @ Oct 8 2006, 11:12 PM)I believe all of those issues were fixed in the Euro release of ff4, including the slowdowns and sluggish menu.

Well I've used the (E) release of FF:IV on my M3 without any slowdown at all, so maybe it's just the (U) release that has all these issues
unsure.gif

Do you know if you can use a save from the (U) version with the (E) version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__