Hacking TX SX Faq #2 (Homebrew on all firmware Support and Payload Loading from SD Card!!!

Pahnda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah that‘s true, but i think you will have the OS only sooner in your hand because nothing needs to be shipped

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country
For all those who are asking for Emunand, I don't fully understand the point of it.
Feel free to enlighten me on the subject. I genuinely am not sure of the benefits at this point.
I posted this on MaxCon

If you decide to buy a legit game cos you wanna play it online, then you would have to do so on the sysnand to be at a much lesser risk of a ban (the reason I say it may be a risk is cos we don't know is the big N will be able to see that an emunand has been used on the console and issue a ban).
If you want to play that new game, update it, play online or download DLC for it, you will have to update your sysnand to current firmware. Kinda defeating the point of the emunand.

This is all speculation of course. Nin might not even be able to detect CFW/Emunand for all we know (though I would expect they can).
Or there may be a way to disguise your console when going online in the future.
For now you should expect though that if you modify your console and play backups/homebrew and then try to go online, you are probably gonna get banned.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Where the hell does it say that? I swear, people nowadays can't read english.

• Q: Does SX OS supports online gaming?
    A:
    SX OS supports playing online. However, we can't guarantee Nintendo is not able to detect you are using SX OS.
    So playing online is at your own risk.

My 3DS has been hacked for years (a9lh/b9s) and i can still play online with downloaded .cias.

This is how misinformation is spread around. TX did NOT say that you will get banned if you play online. Don't twist their words.
I wonder if Ninty will download they're TX SX OS license codes before using the dongle .

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country
Once you go online, Nintendo will scanned your sdcard for backup files and will know immediately you are a pirate.

With SKY3DS, the sdcard is inside the cartridge, Nintendo will never find out.

Is there not a legal implication here?
Was there not a big thing about Blizzard scanning WOW players computers year ago to see if they were using BOTs? And it was found to be an illegal practice as it is personal data on the device?
I know Blizzard didn't make your PC, where as Nintendo make your console, the issue is there is potentially very personal data/images on your SD card that are in no way acceptable for Nintendo to scan or access.

Reactions: Quantumcat

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Was there not a big thing about Blizzard scanning WOW players computers year ago to see if they were using BOTs? And it was found to be an illegal practice as it is personal data on the device?
I know Blizzard didn't make your PC, where as Nintendo make your console, the issue is there is potentially very personal data/images on your SD card that are in no way acceptable for Nintendo to scan or access.
I think the GDPR might put a stop to that behaviour. Unless you agree to it.

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Interesting that you can simply download game updates the normal way. I take it Nintendo can check this since you can only claim Nintendo Rewards ones per game (and so they can detect each game card). Wonder what will happen when 1000 people try to update the same game on the same day. Some flag will go off at Nintendo HQ ;)

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Interesting that you can simply download game updates the normal way. I take it Nintendo can check this since you can only claim Nintendo Rewards ones per game (and so they can detect each game card). Wonder what will happen when 1000 people try to update the same game on the same day. Some flag will go off at Nintendo HQ ;)
BBB have stripped the CERT. So you can't do jack with it online.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What personal data? Switch has no camera, so no photos. Screenshots are not personal... also no browsers, no social media apps, no music player, no nothing but games.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What personal data? Switch has no camera, so no photos. Screenshots are not personal... also no browsers, no social media apps, no music player, no nothing but games.
The GDPR blocks that anyway. Since Nintendo must provide a good reason why they would need to check your SD Card for information. Even what kind of games you play they generally need you to accept a license for them to log that.

IceTeaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Correct me pls if I'm wrong.

I don't know it exactly but I think I remember right that someone posted a official statement of the atmosphere team. In this statement they said something like "we will block piracy" so id this is right we will not be able to play our backups with atmosphere right?

I say it again... I don't remember where I saw this statement but I think it was here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BBB have stripped the CERT. So you can't do jack with it online.
Sorry.. What?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

I don't know it exactly but I think I remember right that someone posted a official statement of the atmosphere team. In this statement they said something like "we will block piracy" so id this is right we will not be able to play our backups with atmosphere right?

I say it again... I don't remember where I saw this statement but I think it was here.

Sorry.. What?
BBB removes the unique number of each cartridge. So it's not possible to be identified/activated. However, I don't know if Nintendo got a check for this or if the Switch itself count the "game" as broken then.

Reactions: IceTeaX

IceTeaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BBB removes the unique number of each cartridge. So it's not possible to be identified/activated. However, I don't know if Nintendo got a check for this or if the Switch itself count the "game" as broken then.
Thanks for the answer!
Sounds good. Now we have to wait to see what is possible and what not

Bitchplease

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Blahdieblahblahbah

I really don't get your anger.
Even if they did lie, steal and are not as humble as you would like, why would this anger you, we are al adults who can decide if we want to buy or not.
(i know i don't, SX is not getting a penny for now atleast) they are not forcing us to buy the product.
i have seen you in every thread claiming things that are your own brainfarts.
You could never know if they had the features already or worked very hard the last few days to make sure homebrew will work.
You have no idea how many code they have written or not, if they have stolen code or not. You are not on the team right?

You are anti SX, and thats fine but it would be so nice if pro or against would keep it on the facts and not feelings.

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country

Sorry.. What?

I believe the situation is that they will not INCLUDE a backup loader with Atmosphere official release. But there will be. 3rd party who create a plugin/hombrew for Atmosphere that will allow backup loading.

Reactions: Draxzelex

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is the part where they said previously the license is tied to your dongle and console in the case of the pro.

Right, the license that comes with the SX Pro is tied to the dongle and a console.

• Q: Is SX OS tied to my console/dongle?
    A:
    Yes. In case of SX Pro the license is tied to your dongle and console. In case of SX Lite the license is tied to your license code and console.

That makes it sound like the dongle is one per license as well. They went out of their way to specify that was the case and that with the Lite it would only be tied to your console.

There was no question in the first FAQ that covered the case of using a single dongle with multiple switches. That question was answered in FAQ 2.
  • Q: Can I buy one SX Pro and one SX OS license separately, and use the dongle and tool with two switches?
    A:
    Yes, you can buy additional SX OS Licenses and use one dongle and tool for all your Switch consoles.

So it was contradictory, or at least a bit confusing / oddly worded as I said. I definitely wasn't the only person that interpreted it that way from what I have read.

I don't see any contradiction. All they said is that the SX OS license that comes with the dongle can only be used with that dongle and all SX OS licenses can only work with one switch. They have said you can use any method for loading the stand alone SX OS license, so that would include the dongle they supply in the SX Pro package.

What they haven't said is how easy it is to use the dongle with multiple switches. Someone should ask the question if the appropriate SX OS has to be installed onto the dongle each time you want to use it on a different switch.

I fully expect someone to put out a SX OS crack that can loaded with the SX Pro dongle, or any other method you like, which will run on any switch.

I believe the situation is that they will not INCLUDE a backup loader with Atmosphere official release. But there will be. 3rd party who create a plugin/hombrew for Atmosphere that will allow backup loading.

Which of course may or may not be based on SX OS. Someone could also create a game update downloader, either grabbing them from Nintendo or hosting them somewhere in russia.

Last edited by smf,

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country

What's to stop me using my SD card that I use for my switch to also hold documents and photos that I have transferred to it using a PC?
Maybe I have a massive SD card and I have a folder on it containing photos I want to show my friends/family.
Maybe a put a few personal documents on there as a form of backup/redundancy?

Yes these are hypothetical situations, but they are not impossible in any way.

The portable HDD I use for my PS3 I also use for transferring large files between computers.

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK that means that you might not even be able to update the (backup) games through normal ways. Cause how are you going to update something that can not be identified by the eShop. We just have to wait for some reviews to see what is possible and what not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4