Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's quite simple. The Switch needs better parental controls and no forced updates. It should be like a phone or computer. You cant make changes without the password. Why is that so hard?
It's a game system.. If you're so hellbent on having child restrictions, maybe you should put it where a child can't get it? Literally NONE of your points enforce your opinion on child/family lock.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
It's quite simple. The Switch needs better parental controls and no forced updates. It should be like a phone or computer. You cant make changes without the password. Why is that so hard?
1. Get a DNS to block updates.
2. Disable Wi-Fi.
3. Update until news about forced update coming in the next update, then proceed to update and do steps 1 and/or 2.
4. Realize how stupid it'd be to make an update which would enable forced updates without being able to disable it.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then disconnect your Switch from the f*cking WiFi if you're so sodding paranoid about "forced" updates. Calm your tits and stop being so paranoid. Oh no, you can't pirate, big loss.

But you can't control what anyone else does with your switch. I want to be able to protect my switch from children, roommates, or anyone else who gains physical access, either legitimately or illegitimately. I want full control. This is why I don't buy Apple products. I own a Pixel XL so I have full control of my phone.

And no piracy is a big deal. After being burned by Nintendo with the Wii U, I no longer trust them. I've spent too much money already on games I don't even play. I don't even own a Switch right now. I play Odyssey on my nephew's Switch. I no longer trust Nintendo to make the games I want. Therefore, I won't even buy myself a Switch until piracy is possible. I do not want to invest in a Switch and find out that a roommate or someone broke the piracy, and I am no longer able to get my money's worth. If I spend $600 on the console and games, I want $600 worth of fun out of it. That requires piracy because I just don't enjoy the limited games enough on their own. So no piracy, means I can't even have my own Switch, and won't be able to play future Switch games when I no longer have easy access to a borrowed switch. That's a big deal.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you can't control what anyone else does with your switch. I want to be able to protect my switch from children, roommates, or anyone else who gains physical access, either legitimately or illegitimately. I want full control. This is why I don't buy Apple products. I own a Pixel XL so I have full control of my phone.

And no piracy is a big deal. After being burned by Nintendo with the Wii U, I no longer trust them. I've spent too much money already on games I don't even play. I don't even own a Switch right now. I play Odyssey on my nephew's Switch. I no longer trust Nintendo to make the games I want. Therefore, I won't even buy myself a Switch until piracy is possible. I do not want to invest in a Switch and find out that a roommate or someone broke the piracy, and I am no longer able to get my money's worth. If I spend $600 on the console and games, I want $600 worth of fun out of it. That requires piracy because I just don't enjoy the limited games enough on their own. So no piracy, means I can't even have my own Switch, and won't be able to play future Switch games when I no longer have easy access to a borrowed switch. That's a big deal.

Then look at the post above yours. DNS blocking, use router settings to block the update servers. Make a parental lock with a password, do something. Running around flailing your arms in a panic over what could or couldn't happen won't solve jack shit. Either you follow our suggestions that we're trying to help you with, or you're on your own. We can only suggest so much, but if you don't follow through, that's on you. We're just trying to help. What more do you want? A magic button that automatically stops updates? It's called a router and DNS blocking.

You clearly got the Switch for the wrong reasons, "only a few good games" is only your subjective opinion. There are more games that are good that you claim to be, you just want a reason to pirate. Fine. But if you don't at least consider our suggestions on blocking updates, you're on your own.

Holy hell, sounds like entitlement to me, you got the Switch for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada

To translate what the above is saying is basically,
I bought games that I don't play anymore and that is nintendos fault, also i want the switch to take care of itself because i dont want to simply take responsibility to make sure my switch is ok although it is my nephews switch. i hate how nintendo is trying to take care of their console by trying to stop piracy like wtf nintendo
Like while I love piracy, i'll let Nintendo make whatever updates they can to stop piracy, it's their business, they need to make money.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a game system.. If you're so hellbent on having child restrictions, maybe you should put it where a child can't get it? Literally NONE of your points enforce your opinion on child/family lock.

It's a gaming system that belongs in the living room and is meant to be shared. You can't just keep it away from children. If I had my own Switch, I would leave it in the dock, where anyone I was living with would be allowed to play it. I want them to play it, I just don't want them to break it or update it or corrupt or delete my data. It's like if you want to share a laptop. You make people their own account and take away administrative privileges. That's what I want for the switch. All of my points enforce this. I should have the freedom to let my adult roommates play my Switch when I'm not home, without having to worry about them accidentally or purposely breaking something. Same with children. Why can't I give my roommates permission to play my switch without giving them the ability to delete my Mario save file? I don't want to risk buying a Switch at all until this issues are resolved.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a gaming system that belongs in the living room and is meant to be shared. You can't just keep it away from children. If I had my own Switch, I would leave it in the dock, where anyone I was living with would be allowed to play it. I want them to play it, I just don't want them to break it or update it or corrupt or delete my data. It's like if you want to share a laptop. You make people their own account and take away administrative privileges. That's what I want for the switch. All of my points enforce this. I should have the freedom to let my adult roommates play my Switch when I'm not home, without having to worry about them accidentally or purposely breaking something. Same with children. Why can't I give my roommates permission to play my switch without giving them the ability to delete my Mario save file? I don't want to risk buying a Switch at all until this issues are resolved.

Then block the update servers with DNS or router blocking, sheesh. It's not that hard to do and it's free. You can either heed our advice, or piss on it and let the Switch get updated, there's no third option.

We're trying to help and you're pissed that you "can't do anything about it", well, you can, but you clearly don't want to.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

It's not the same thing as a laptop... Oh my god you have such a narrow view.

D

Deleted-368796

Let me correct something right now...
IF THE GAME IS NOT WORTH BUYING, THEN THE GAME IS NOT WORTH PLAYING.

I am getting really tired of all of this garbage over piracy and people feeling entitled to things they claim they can not afford.
Who do you think is going to make these games you want to play if people just take them for free? How are these game devs going to keep food on the table, clothes on their back, and pay bills???

So many ungrateful, entitled, bigoted kids on here. If you can't afford the games, you certainly could not afford to buy the system, now could you?
I try to stay out of these spitting matches, but this is enough. S_T_O_P

There aren't any good games to buy right now, *snip*.
I want piracy so I can get games like... *snip*, games that aren't worth buying.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Now I want you to answer my question i'm about to ask you...

What would you rather lose, your Switch or your laptop? I assume your laptop, but why? Because it has a lot of important data and programs.
The switch is just for games, disable Wi-Fi so kids can't update, and I don't think adults are that stupid to not listen to you to not update.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. Disable Wi-Fi.
3. Update until news about forced update coming in the next update, then proceed to update and do steps 1 and/or 2.
4. Realize how stupid it'd be to make an update which would enable forced updates without being able to disable it.

1. Leave Switch at home.
2. Roommate turns WiFi back on.
3. Roommate updates because they don't know better.
4. Pirated games stop working
5. Be unable to copy save file from pirated game to a legitimate copy.
6. Lose 60 hours of progress.
7. Never even finish the game because you don't want to start over.
8 Be so upset you quit Nintendo entirely, never buying another Nintendo console.
9. Realize that they already enabled forced updates with no legitimate way to disable it back on the Wii U, and they can do it at any time again on the Switch.

This entire thing could be prevented by just putting a fucking password on the update.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
1. Leave Switch at home.
8 Be so upset you quit Nintendo entirely, never buying another Nintendo console.
9. Realize that they already enabled forced updates with no legitimate way to disable it back on the Wii U, and they can do it at any time again on the Switch.

This entire thing could be prevented by just putting a fucking password on the update.

So, basically you're just being an entitled twit that thinks you deserve something you didn't pay for? Sod off.

This isn't about children, this is about illegally acquired software? Grow up.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
1. Leave Switch at home.

Or, now, this might be crazy, but maybe you should
simply tell your roommate to not update so you and the roommate could get free games. I don't think the roommate wouldn't want to update if they knew they could get free games.

Reactions: OctolingRift

OctolingRift

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. Disable Wi-Fi.
Or just wait for Xecuter so this whole update meme will come to a crashing end

Reactions: Jacklack3

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am getting really tired of all of this garbage over piracy and people feeling entitled to things they claim they can not afford.
Who do you think is going to make these games you want to play if people just take them for free? How are these game devs going to keep food on the table, clothes on their back, and pay bills???

So many ungrateful, entitled, bigoted kids on here. If you can't afford the games, you certainly could not afford to buy the system, now could you?

People have budgets. What if they can afford $800 but want $1200 worth? That's nonsense that you think the game isn't worth playing. Lot's of games are worth playing for free. Look at phone games. Lot's of games are worth playing for lower prices. I might think Monopoly is worth $5, but they charge $40. So unless they let you name your own price for games, you have to either pirate or never play that game. The developer isn't getting money from you either way. They get money from others who did think that game was worth the price. What part of a budget do you not understand? If my budget is to buy 10 games, then I'm only buying 10 games, piracy or not. Pirating the extra games is no worse than the assholes who wait 5 years and buy all the games second hand. People can afford some games, they can't afford them all.

OctolingRift

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm getting tired of people judging others just because they're different. People are going to pirate on the switch, there is nothing you can or will do about it. So why don't you shut up and complain about something else in your life rather than bicker about what we do with our system.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada

If I buy a computer i'm free to do whatever I want, so the same should go to other consoles. I'm perfectly fine if they force you to update because I got my console that way. It's okay for the company to try to stop piracy cause really that's the go to move for a company and really they're the good guy. But that doesn't mean you can talk bad about us, this isn't like 100 people who do it, there are huge active communitys dedicated to piracy. Unless you're the company, don't make a PSA about it being bad. We know.

OctolingRift

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I buy a computer i'm free to do whatever I want, so the same should go to other consoles. I'm perfectly fine if they force you to update because I got my console that way. It's okay for the company to try to stop piracy cause really that's the go to move for a company and really they're the good guy. But that doesn't mean you can talk bad about us, this isn't like 100 people who do it, there are huge active communitys dedicated to piracy. Unless you're the company, don't make a PSA about it being bad. We know.
This^ Everyone should stop being so ass blasted. It's like they work for Nintendo themselves or some shit

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, now, this might be crazy, but maybe you should
simply tell your roommate to not update so you and the roommate could get free games. I don't think the roommate wouldn't want to update if they knew they could get free games.

And you have to tell that to every roommate, every time they change. And you have to tell that to every guest of every roommate, even those you haven't met. The roommate could bring over a friend, a girlfriend, a random person from the bar. They might update. Or the roommate could forget this. If the roommate is drunk, on drugs, or even just distracted and happy from sex, they may forget an update. I had an expensive limited edition beer go missing. My roomate didn't steal it. But one of the people they invited over during a party stole that beer. That person didn't even know the beer was special. They accidentally stole an $11, can't even be bought in that state, 18%, very limited beer. If they had known that, they probably would have taken a normal beer, but they were drunk and ignorant about this.

Plus, for lots of people, those roommates are fucking children. Children don't understand this so well.

It would take Nintendo not very long at all to fix this problem properly. I don't want to buy a Switch at all until it was cloud saves, theft protection, parental controls, and other features to ensure its safety.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
And you have to tell that to every roommate, every time they change. And you have to tell that to every guest of every roommate, even those you haven't met. The roommate could bring over a friend, a girlfriend, a random person from the bar. They might update. Or the roommate could forget this. If the roommate is drunk, on drugs, or even just distracted and happy from sex, they may forget an update. I had an expensive limited edition beer go missing. My roomate didn't steal it. But one of the people they invited over during a party stole that beer. That person didn't even know the beer was special. They accidentally stole an $11, can't even be bought in that state, 18%, very limited beer. If they had known that, they probably would have taken a normal beer, but they were drunk and ignorant about this.

Plus, for lots of people, those roommates are fucking children. Children don't understand this so well.

It would take Nintendo not very long at all to fix this problem properly. I don't want to buy a Switch at all until it was cloud saves, theft protection, parental controls, and other features to ensure its safety.
Yeah cause your drunk roommate on drugs updating cause they forgot is Nintendo's fault, ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya