Homebrew Update 11.8 and Homebrew

Julian-GBT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've set up an EmuNAND and a SysNAND with Godmode9 and Luma3DS, with the SysNAND updated to 11.8.0, while the EmuNAND remains at 11.7.0. Does the EmuNAND freeShop get affected by the 11.8 update on SysNAND?

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well the day the update happened I came here and I read the update is fine just don't use freeshop no more. So I updated and deleted freeshop. I hve a homebrew cia I wanted to try but looks like my fbi and hoembrew launcher are gone. Can I just re hack the system?

Last edited by flashmanx,

AlanMaciasz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Today i update my new 3ds from 11.7 - 11.8 with rei-six old files when the console restart every hack has erased no fbi ,no games nothing i try to use luma and no enter to recovery i try to put the new files and nothing works any ideas

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, if I install arm9loaderhax on stock 11.8, will I brick????
What are you even going to do with it? Luma hasn't supported A9LH since at least Luma 8, and Lumas below 9 aren't compatible with 11.8

A9LH itself isn't likely to crash, but you likely won't have anything resembling a decent custom firmware.

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Welp...
My real goal is...
I want to make my 3DS run my flashcart. But I have no idea how to do it without CFW!
No, my flashcart cannot do NTRboot stuff.
Now there are 3 ways to install CFW
-DSiWare injection & seedminer: No I can't because I have no dsiware and my country doesn't sell any eshop giftcards
-Hardmod: The reason I can't do it is pretty much obvious
-NTRboot: I don't have a compatible flashcart.

Also, I have an OLD 3DS which is 11.8 stock. BUT! I have an abandoned old 2DS in my room (I'm kinda on vacation here so I'm not home) which is 11.6!
So? SO, I'll get home ASAP, cfw my 2ds with A9LH, then upgrade to B9S, and then do the transfer metho----- oh I forgot that requires a dsiware too :(

Welp, I gotta sticc around with my O3DS

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp...
My real goal is...
I want to make my 3DS run my flashcart. But I have no idea how to do it without CFW!
-DSiWare injection & seedminer: No I can't because I have no dsiware and my country doesn't sell any eshop giftcards

Also, I have an OLD 3DS which is 11.8 stock. BUT! I have an abandoned old 2DS in my room (I'm kinda on vacation here so I'm not home) which is 11.6!
So? SO, I'll get home ASAP, cfw my 2ds with A9LH, then upgrade to B9S, and then do the transfer metho----- oh I forgot that requires a dsiware too :(

Get one of those compatiable card, buy one of those compatiable games, or sent it to someone to install CFW for you. The Dsiware transfer still requires you to buy the game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, if I install arm9loaderhax on stock 11.8, will I brick????

A9LH is outdated, and A9LH requires like 3 hours to install to jump to 2.1 , get OTP , the update back to higher firmware, a lot of work.

Last edited by Hayato213,

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Welp...
My real goal is...

Use a credit card instead of eShop gift cards.

And why would you install A9LH? That isn't needed.

:ph34r:

Last edited by NFates,

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp...
My real goal is...

As @Hayato213 said, A9LH is outdated. It's just an exploit to install a CFW, but the only CFW worth using in the 3DS scene no longer supports it. B9S is almost a requirement now for any 3DS hacks beyond the Homebrew Browser

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... you are saying that if I install A9LH, something bad will happen?
Bricc?

Or you're just saying that A9LH is just useless? If you're saying that then that's better because if I can install A9LH, then I will upgrade to B9S that way which requires no DSiWare!

A9LH chance of bricking is higher than B9S and take longer to install and it is outdated, B9S is its successor. Regardless you still need an entrypoint to do this, so that has the same requirement entry point as B9S.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: NFates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!