• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US Supreme Court rules against EPA in West Virginia vs EPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The redistricting of maps is only one part of the bill. Other major parts unconstitutional requirements on how state run elections. And if you've already forgotten, after the 2020 election we were reminded time and time again states have the ultimate say in how they run their elections. Yet right a change in leadership, those people arguing that are trying to enforce state to change their voting rules at the federal level.
The left doesn't want state legislatures to have any power at all because they are too close to the people. It's easier for us to assert our control over state legislatures than it is over Congress. They will do anything to prevent the rubes from having that kind of control again.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A commission of unelected bureaucrats not answerable to the people. That's the definition of authoritarianism.
LMAO so you've come around to my side, eh? You're right, SCOTUS is acting like a bunch of authoritarian dickweeds right now, and the case before them would allow them to take away what little power voters have to influence the system. You want state representatives to be able to re-elect themselves, which would in practice also make them unelected bureaucrats.

And if you've already forgotten, after the 2020 election we were reminded time and time again states have the ultimate say in how they run their elections.
We were reminded of the opposite, that states do not have unlimited authority in exploiting the election systems they themselves create. Which is why the fake electors meant to reinstall the election's loser as president were rejected.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO so you've come around to my side, eh? You're right, SCOTUS is acting like a bunch of authoritarian dickweeds right now, and the case before them would allow them to take away what little power voters have to influence the system. You want state representatives to be able to re-elect themselves, which would in practice also make them unelected bureaucrats.

We were reminded of the opposite, that states do not have unlimited authority in exploiting the election systems they themselves create. Which is why the fake electors meant to reinstall the election's loser as president were rejected.
WTF are you talking about? You're argument makes zero sense anymore.

Explain why unelected bureaucrats is better than elected state representatives. Are you saying that Democrats are not the majority and would not be able to win elections? Is that why you want a commission who answers to nobody?

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
WTF are you talking about?
3 supreme court justices, elected by a president who didn't win the popular vote/ already did not have the majority of people's consent. Those same justices, went on publicly, saying they would not overturn roe v wade, before they were swore in. Who then proceeded to overturn roe v wade.
In other words.
A commission of unelected bureaucrats not answerable to the people.
Exactly what you just described.

Reactions: Dakitten

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 supreme court justices, elected by a president who didn't win the popular vote/ already did not have the majority of people's consent. Those same justices, went on publicly, saying they would not overturn roe v wade, before they were swore in. Who then proceeded to overturn roe v wade.
In other words.

Exactly what you just described.
I'm sorry that you don't understand the Electoral College. It's only been around since the 1780's. But now you understand why we are a constitutional republic and not a democracy. And they never said that they would never overturn it. It was reported that Kavanaugh gave private assurances that he wouldn't vote to overturn Roe v Wade, but those were unconfirmed. In fact, an email was "leaked" where he said it wasn't settled law. But you are mad because you believe everything the corporate media tells you.

You people act like this is the first Supreme Court decision to have ever been overturned. It is not. Win more elections and you too can have somebody nominate Supreme Court Justices. Good luck in future elections. :rofl2:

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over half of the global norms that are causing harm to the environment and our selves are things we could live without, but refuse to live without. Both the right and left are guilty of mindless addiction and dependence upon greater "technologies", which half the time end up being anti-technologies and drag down the culture more than they were worth.

That said, many on the so called left like to cite the natives and how they were screwed over, and while some of them were, there were plenty that were screwing over other natives before the British, Spanish, English, Arabs, Dutch, etc. ever made it over here. Though that is not my point, my point is that we often look back at the natives like victims, and we like to elevate ways in which their life was better, or allegedly better than many people's lives after Columbus, or more accurately, Jefferson, though I don't see anyone shunning their technology and trying to revive these old simple ways that carried many so very far, all without a centralized government at that.

For some of us, and I fear too many of us, the slave mentality is embedded so deep, that they would happily give up self reliance and autonomy in order that big government can come in and micro manage every factor of our life, and they will just trust them blindly.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some of us, and I fear too many of us, the slave mentality is embedded so deep, that they would happily give up self reliance and autonomy in order that big government can come in and micro manage every factor of our life, and they will just trust them blindly.
Posted by a theist btw :^)

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posted by a theist btw :^)
That's only relevant to post modernist cult acolytes like your self, and really has nothing what so ever to do with my post, other than maybe that a Theist has a foundation upon which they derive their morals, where as an A-Theist tends to trust what they say are a bunch of random chemicals in their brains that tell them the truth.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
I'm sorry that you don't understand the Electoral College. It's only been around since the 1780's. But now you understand why we are a constitutional republic and not a democracy. And they never said that they would never overturn it. It was reported that Kavanaugh gave private assurances that he wouldn't vote to overturn Roe v Wade, but those were unconfirmed. In fact, an email was "leaked" where he said it wasn't settled law. But you are mad because you believe everything the corporate media tells you.

You people act like this is the first Supreme Court decision to have ever been overturned. It is not. Win more elections and you too can have somebody nominate Supreme Court Justices. Good luck in future elections. :rofl2:
We can talk circles and circles about this. But I really don't feel like it, since it's just retreading the same shit all over.
1. We live in a representative democracy. You can continue to claim it's a "constitutional republic" but that's straight up false. Why?
In a representative democracy, you have as many representatives equal to both power and total people being represented. This is mostly accurate within the house of representatives, and senators.
2nd. the electoral collage was intended not not have gerrymandering in mind. Something the Republican party profusely protects at all costs. Gerrymandering allows for over representation of a particular group.

The people who made the constitution choose the electoral collage as the best choice for the time. Since trying to get representatives to know certain things who where several states away in Washington, wasn't exactly possible to react in a timely manor.

3. Madison (the writer of the constitution and bill of rights) blatantly called it a democracy. Along with Alexander Hamilton. Lincon used constitutional republic and democracy interchangeably in his speech.
So in other words, just be honest that you don't support a democracy. Because even the people who setup this country, called it a democracy.

You people act like this is the first Supreme Court decision to have ever been overturned. It is not.
This is the first supreme court decision made by a truly rogue court. Even when they made controversial rulings, people accepted it even if they didn't like it. Because we at least could at the time believe that the system was bipartisan. We can't now. Because a president, the ONLY president, to elect 33% of the supreme court justices in HIS favor. 2 of them,shouldn't have even happened. I'll just restate what I said in the past. the first judge trump choose. Only happened because the Republican senate stonewalled Obama's pick for 9 entire months. citing that people should vote their next justice.

And the second pick. was rushed through by and with the Republican senate in almost less than 2 weeks before the election was finalized. The Republican's explanation? Oh we got to file vacant seats as fast as possible.
The amount of hypocrisy on this case is absurd. Either Obama's pick should of gone through if we believed in the speed rule. Or, Biden should of got to choose the last supreme court justice, as a result of the "people voting"
The courts got straight up rigged. If you cannot agree on at least that aspect alone. Then I'm done wasting my time talking to you. If you can't see the hypcrosisy in this, nor how it was rigged into Republican favor. Then you just care what you like, and that's it, no principles, no honesty, no integrity.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else feel like life is too fucking complicated now, everything is a goddamn complex mess, and we just need to chill the fuck out? No, just me? Ok I'll just go fuck myself then...

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can talk circles and circles about this. But I really don't feel like it, since it's just retreading the same shit all over.
1. We live in a representative democracy. You can continue to claim it's a "constitutional republic" but that's straight up false. Why?
In a representative democracy, you have as many representatives equal to both power and total people being represented. This is mostly accurate within the house of representatives, and senators.
2nd. the electoral collage was intended not not have gerrymandering in mind. Something the Republican party profusely protects at all costs. Gerrymandering allows for over representation of a particular group.

The people who made the constitution choose the electoral collage as the best choice for the time. Since trying to get representatives to know certain things who where several states away in Washington, wasn't exactly possible to react in a timely manor.

3. Madison (the writer of the constitution and bill of rights) blatantly called it a democracy. Along with Alexander Hamilton. Lincon used constitutional republic and democracy interchangeably in his speech.
So in other words, just be honest that you don't support a democracy. Because even the people who setup this country, called it a democracy.

This is the first supreme court decision made by a truly rogue court. Even when they made controversial rulings, people accepted it even if they didn't like it. Because we at least could at the time believe that the system was bipartisan. We can't now. Because a president, the ONLY president, to elect 33% of the supreme court justices in HIS favor. 2 of them,shouldn't have even happened. I'll just restate what I said in the past. the first judge trump choose. Only happened because the Republican senate stonewalled Obama's pick for 9 entire months. citing that people should vote their next justice.

And the second pick. was rushed through by and with the Republican senate in almost less than 2 weeks before the election was finalized. The Republican's explanation? Oh we got to file vacant seats as fast as possible.
The amount of hypocrisy on this case is absurd. Either Obama's pick should of gone through if we believed in the speed rule. Or, Biden should of got to choose the last supreme court justice, as a result of the "people voting"
The courts got straight up rigged. If you cannot agree on at least that aspect alone. Then I'm done wasting my time talking to you. If you can't see the hypcrosisy in this, nor how it was rigged into Republican favor. Then you just care what you like, and that's it, no principles, no honesty, no integrity.
The Constitution and Bill of rights are what prevents Democracy, aka MOB RULE, from becoming MOB RULE. Seeing as we can't seem to follow them or agree anymore about how words and reality is to be interpreted, then we shall quickly fall to MOB RULE, and I can assure you, the power that be on the Democrat side, as well as the Traditional Republican side, have the same exact end goals in mind, and you'd really have to be a believer in their media to buy into any of it. Life is simple, don't let them over complicate things with their many words. Judge them by their fruits!

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
The Constitution and Bill of rights are what prevents Democracy,
Alright, let's ask co writer of a important document.
"A representative democracy, where the right of election is well secured and regulated & the exercise of the legislative, executive and judiciary authorities, is vested in select persons, chosen really and not nominally by the people, will in my opinion be most likely to be happy, regular and durable" ---The Federalist Paper, co author Alexander Hamilton echoing James Madison's opinion.

They were trying to prevent a "we're the majority" when they actually weren't. and trying to make sure people genuinely wanted what they wanted.

In this case, this strikes against the republican party several times over. because not a single Republican president since 2004 won the popular vote. Nor was roe v wade being overturned.
So unless you want to against one of the founders. You better start explaining why you want to go overthrow your own supposed constitution you follow. Since the federalist papers was part/create the framework used to create the constitution.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, let's ask co writer of a important document.
"A representative democracy, where the right of election is well secured and regulated & the exercise of the legislative, executive and judiciary authorities, is vested in select persons, chosen really and not nominally by the people, will in my opinion be most likely to be happy, regular and durable" ---The Federalist Paper, co author Alexander Hamilton echoing James Madison's opinion.

They were trying to prevent a "we're the majority" when they actually weren't. and trying to make sure people genuinely wanted it.

In this case, this strikes against the republican party several times over. because not a single Republican president since 2004 won the popular vote. Nor was roe v wade being overturned.
So unless you want to against one of the founders. You better start explaining why you want to go overthrow your own supposed constitution you follow.
I seem to recall Gay "Marriage" being forced upon us all by a certain Supreme Court a few years ago, in spite of majority opposition.

And like I said, the traditional Republicans are NO DIFFERENT than the Democrats. I am sure MANY elections have been stolen, look how no one talks about Diebold Voting Machines since the Bush Jr. Election, especially now that voting machines have shown to be suspect once again when Biden (The most voted for candidate in history) was elected.

Just because the two parties have always warred against one another doesn't mean that their international policies are not pretty much in line, it's just how they are going to go about the end game that they disagree about, who gets to sit in the throne, who gets rich, who gets made, who gets laid, granted power, etc.
People sell their souls, welcome to Earth.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
I seem to recall Gay "Marriage" being forced upon us all by a certain Supreme Court a few years ago, in spite of majority opposition.
https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...-record-high-but-key-segments-remain-opposed/
that's also false. Your living in a information silo.
(If you can't read the graph. basically in 2010. it was opposed. but by 2015. people overwhelmingly supported it)
I am sure MANY elections have been stolen
None have been stolen. No proof of voter fraud. Which would be the only way of a "stolen" election. That doesn't mean elections can't be rigged. It's that no illegal activity had made it stolen. Which would mean the only legal way of "stealing" or rigging, would be through gerrymandering. Something again, the Republican party disproportionately relies on to win in elections.

Now I'm going to repeat myself.
You better start explaining why you want to go overthrow your own supposed constitution you follow. Since the federalist papers was part/create the framework used to create the constitution.
proof through the Federalist papers,the founders called it a democracy.
So start explaining yourself about "The Constitution and Bill of rights are what prevents Democracy" and how your not going against the founders.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
That's only relevant to post modernist cult acolytes like your self, and really has nothing what so ever to do with my post, other than maybe that a Theist has a foundation upon which they derive their morals, where as an A-Theist tends to trust what they say are a bunch of random chemicals in their brains that tell them the truth.
Just be careful to not do anything to anger your god

• Haha
Reactions: Jayro

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And like I said, the traditional Republicans are NO DIFFERENT than the Democrats. I am sure MANY elections have been stolen, look how no one talks about Diebold Voting Machines since the Bush Jr. Election, especially now that voting machines have shown to be suspect once again when Biden (The most voted for candidate in history) was elected.

Just because the two parties have always warred against one another doesn't mean that their international policies are not pretty much in line, it's just how they are going to go about the end game that they disagree about, who gets to sit in the throne, who gets rich, who gets made, who gets laid, granted power, etc.
People sell their souls, welcome to Earth.
Oh hell, I heard about this! I remember seeing the dumbocrat gay sodomy shotgun wedding vans pour out of all the federal lots around the country and demanding everyone marry from their own sex or else!

Also, as a GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE WHO WORKS AT THE REGISTRAR OF VOTERS OFFICE DURING ELECTIONS, I can indeed verify this totally not crackpot theory about foreign voting machines corrupting the ballot counts, especially since its not like the RoV actually hand-counts a couple percentage of everything that goes in to compare it to the overall statistics and offers tours of their operations to anybody who schedules an appointment so that they can verify the integrity of the process!

/sarcasm

Both parties suck, but only one party is going above and beyond in their mad dash towards fascism. Also you need to stop with your conspiratorial nonsense, comrade. It makes you look a bit silly.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...-record-high-but-key-segments-remain-opposed/
that's also false. Your living in a information silo.
(If you can't read the graph. basically in 2010. it was opposed. but by 2015. people overwhelmingly supported it)

None have been stolen. No proof of voter fraud. Which would be the only way of a "stolen" election. That doesn't mean elections can't be rigged. It's that no illegal activity had made it stolen. Which would mean the only legal way of "stealing" or rigging, would be through gerrymandering. Something again, the Republican party disproportionately relies on to win in elections.

Now I'm going to repeat myself.

proof through the Federalist papers,the founders called it a democracy.
So start explaining yourself about "The Constitution and Bill of rights are what prevents Democracy" and how your not going against the founders.
Actually a lot of proof has been provided over elections being fraud, but like the Jeffery Epstein case, we ain't going to see any major players on that list go to prison. The system is crooked.

And if the Constitution & & Bill of Rights are nott there to protect against MOB RULE, then what is it there for? So you can murder babies?

And no, back in 2015, the Pride movement didn't have people nearly as brain washed as they are now. If you asked most people now, they'd have no clue why anyone was ever against gay marriage in the first place.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
And no, back in 2015, the Pride movement didn't have people nearly as brain washed as they are now.
okay this statement proves alone that you only read certain buzz words, and then proceed to make your argument.

1658034110223.png

same paper

If your not going to take the time to read someones sources, I don't have to take the time to argue with you.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And no, back in 2015, the Pride movement didn't have people nearly as brain washed as they are now. If you asked most people now, they'd have no clue why anyone was ever against gay marriage in the first place.
Ooh, do tell! Why would anyone be against gay marriage now? How has the decision harmed you? The rest of your insanity aside, I'm absolutely here for this answer! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo