• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

USA: are you better off than a year ago?

As a US citizen, are you better off than a year ago?

• Yes (explain why)

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • No (explain why)

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • Not better, not worse (explain why)

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I'm not a US citizen but I want to vote in the poll anyway

Votes: 46 42.2%

• Total voters

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what party is he in?

option 1: he stands for the party I support. HE WOULD MAKE AN AMAZING PRESIDENT
option 2: he stands for the party I dont support. HE WOULD MAKE AN AWFUL PRESIDENT
2026 in a nutshell. Only reason people like Trump is cuz he's a republican.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nintendo can solve all problem
Mario 4 prez

Reactions: Noctosphere

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2026 in a nutshell. Only reason people like Trump is cuz he's a republican.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mario 4 prez
nah lets make someone no known by the public for president
LUIGI 4 PREZ

Reactions: ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump wasn't my first pick for president but i feel much better having him in office for a year than i would have ever had with Hillary in for a day.
To vary the question a bit, what do you think Hilary would've done in her first year?

My bet is nothing, considering we have a republican congress and they wouldn't have let her pass anything.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's my point. With political influence you've learned to hate.
Typically, thats what happens when you see feminists and leftists call you racist and a white supremacist. I experience it first hand in my AP US class quite often. It gets pretty annoying. But hey, I guess I should work on being a better person, learn to enjoy their annoying comments, and let them have their fun!
I'm almost certain you won't like what they say though.
I guess political influence makes a lot of people assume certain characteristics which are false, such as inferring that I won't enjoy news sources outside the U.S.
I tend to gear myself toward youtubers and subreddits from both political parties which give their input on the news. They aren't paid by CNN, FOX, etc. Some of my favorites include Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder.

Also, I focus on reading up on /r/The_Donald, /r/LateStageCapitalism, /r/SocialDemocracy and /r/all. The last three are very leftist on purpose so I can read both sides of the argument, not just one.

Your comment makes me *assume* that you think I only pay attention to one media source...which is false.

I choose not to pay attention to mainstream media :)

Last edited by Xanthe,
Reactions: WeedZ and Stephano

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I'm Hispanic, and people have gotten ruder to me since he started his campaign cuz of that, but it's not too bad and I suppose it would've happened even if he'd lost.

I don't like him as a president cuz he makes our country look bad and his policies don't make much sense. But those are just my political opinions.

This also happened to be the year the switch came out, so I guess that improved my life.
I'm Hispanic too and people treat me the same as before. People are extremely nice to me.
Most people around me are screw Donald Trump.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To vary the question a bit, what do you think Hilary would've done in her first year?

My bet is nothing, considering we have a republican congress and they wouldn't have let her pass anything.
That sounds about right. Things only get done through compromise and i don't think many would want to compromise with her especially those mad about "Benghazi."

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm Hispanic too and people treat me the same as before. People are extremely nice to me.
Most people around me are screw Donald Trump.
Same for me for most people, but my area had it's fair share of extremely racist people. I don't really blame trump for their existence, but they've become more vocal since his campaign

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There are a lot of people who are convinced things would've been different. My money's on no, probably not.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've said this before in some of the political threads I've made in the past but i'll say it again, Hat's off to everyone being civil. I don't get to see discussions as good and polite as these often.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've said this before in some of the political threads I've made in the past but i'll say it again, Hat's off to everyone being civil. I don't get to see discussions as good and polite as these often.
FUCK YOU THATS NOT MY OPINION THATS A FACT, DONT TRY TO CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE ITS THE TRUTH

jk

Reactions: Stephano

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much this. Although I could do without him embarrassing our country every now and then through twitter.

I mean, granted, I'm not a fan of most of what he's been saying, I'll admit that. I just didn't want our country to be run by another Clinton because I didn't agree with her policies or support for TPP, even though she said she was "against" it.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Typically, thats what happens when you see feminists and leftists call you racist and a white supremacist. I experience it first hand in my AP US class quite often. It gets pretty annoying. But hey, I guess I should work on being a better person, learn to enjoy their annoying comments, and let them have their fun!
I can't even begin to imagine how oppressed you feel

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, granted, I'm not a fan of most of what he's been saying, I'll admit that. I just didn't want our country to be run by another Clinton because I didn't agree with her policies or support for TPP, even though she said she was "against" it.
Fair enough, although we still have to deal with the new tax bill that trump passed, which seems like it might damage the middle class. I'll also kinda miss CHIP, a bipartisan bill that gave little kids doctors visits that, if I recall correctly, the current government let expire. It got renewed, it just lose some funding in the tax bill.

I'm with you on the TPP not being great though.

Last edited by ThisIsDaAccount,
D

Deleted User

(i told myself I wouldn't come in here, but costello made it appealing)

The problem I had with Hillary wasn't if she would do something I would like or not (because all politicians are in it for themselves), but the fact that she was already doing things I didn't like. The most pressing being abortion, in which I have extremely strong opinions. She as a person just oozed the wrong aura. I definitely wouldn't want her leading the modern feminists.

Trump is a better businessman that he is a politician or a person (and considering that he isn't a fantastic businessman either this doesn't say a whole lot for him). I would rather have someone whose priorities are the businesses and companies over the thoughts and feelings of individuals. Granted, those are important, I just feel they aren't as important as staying afloat as a nation which is already in a bad state.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Xanthe

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(i told myself I wouldn't come in here, but costello made it appealing)

The problem I had with Hillary wasn't if she would do something I would like or not, but the fact that she was already doing things I didn't like. The most pressing being abortion, in which I have extremely strong opinions. She as a person just oozed the wrong aura. I definitely wouldn't want her leading the modern feminists.

Trump is a better businessman that he is a politician or a person (and considering that he isn't a fantastic businessman either this doesn't say a whole lot for him). I would rather have someone whose priorities are the businesses and companies over the thoughts and feelings of individuals. Granted, those are important, I just feel they aren't as important as staying afloat as a nation which is already in a bad state.
I just didn't want someone with blood on their hands.
that and the whole abortion thing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up